Law Revue: Hostile Powers (1 Viewer)

B

Bambul

The 2006 UNSW Law Revue, Hostile Powers: International Plan for Misery, is on in the Science Theatre in Week 5, Tuesday-Friday nights at 8PM. It's a sketch based comedy show, with singing, dancing, videos, voice overs, a live band and more. The cast (myself included) have each put about 200 hours of their time in preparation and it should be a really enjoyable night for anyone going to see it. I really recomend everyone go along.

Tickets are available from the Library Lawn and the Law Building at lunch times (12-2 daily during Week's 4 and 5), or you can book online at www.lawrevue.unsw.edu.au or you can get tickets at the door. I recomend getting in early to get good seats and be warned: people were turned away at the door last year for not getting their tickets early.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Wow, all the charisma and excitement of the faculty of law all bundled into one exciting night! How can I resist?

<_<
>_>
<_<

I'm only kidding...

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
Law revues are highly recommended. Last years was brilliant!

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yes, I have to say the Law Revues are generally top-notch fun. (Even if some of it is occasionally a bit too low brow for my liking.) The political jokes are often good. Well worth seeing.

elfm

HSC
no because med students are smarter and funnier

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
Yes, I have to say the Law Revues are generally top-notch fun. (Even if some of it is occasionally a bit too low brow for my liking.) The political jokes are often good. Well worth seeing.
I went along with a non political law student last year. She didn't think it was funny at all :(

B

Bambul

I forgot to mention that there is also a pre-show Carnivale on every night from 7PM with a band, capoeira dancers (those Brazilians who pretend to fight), hot food and drink plus more.

Tickets are $10/$15 (concession/adult) or $8/$12 for opening night (Tuesday).

I'm not quite sure how long the show is yet (it's all ready to go, but we have our dress rehearsal in the Science Theatre tonight). I'll try to let you know how long it is tomorrow.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
jason_granger said:
From what I've heard, this year's revue is really really crap
It hasn't even started yet. How would you know?

B

Bambul

The show goes for about 2 hours 20 minutes. What time it finishes depends on what time it starts and how long the intermission is. Basically, the shorter it takes people to get into the theatre, the earlier it finishes. As a guess, I'd say 10:45PM-11:00PM would be the finish time. Last night finished later because of technical reasons, which meant the doors weren't opened on time.

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
jason_granger said:
From what I've heard, this year's revue is really really crap
Not quite as good as last year but still good. We love drunk engineers(?) calling out in the middle of skits :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)