Law Program structure - Sydney v UNSW (1 Viewer)

Summer Rain

HSC
N/A
Hello,

I need some advice/experiences from any law student has transferred from UNSW to Sydney University (or know someone who has).

I just finished first year law (graduate part-time) at UNSW. I am enjoying the law course at UNSW. I have made many friends, my lecturers thus far have been brilliant and I love the new law building. In short I have been very happy with the teaching quality and the environment in general.

However, because of family/financial pressures I have applied to transfer into a full-time grad law which will half my time at law school. I put sydney grad law as my first preference because I figured that I can finish my degree in one semester less. The reason for this is that UNSW Law requires more units to complete. For example, contracts, property, litigation and criminal law are all year long subjects whereas at Sydney uni they are only one semester.

I have done Contracts 1 & 2 at UNSW and cannot imagine how all the content/cases can be condensed into one a one semester course at Sydney. Do they teach these subjects at a less indepth-level, does it make doing these subjects more difficult, is it likely that my grades will suffer if I make the switch?

Thanks for your advice in advance!

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
You should be able to get credit for the Contracts courses you did at UNSW. That is, you won't have to Contracts again at USyd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)