Law people. (1 Viewer)

jessika

law chicky
HSC
anyone out there doing law, who wants to swap notes, and ideas on assignments and stuff? Haven't really met a great deal of people in class, and most of them seem to old postgrad people anyways.

[edit: typo]

Last edited:

kini mini

HSC
I think there's one postgrad in my class at UNSW :)

I'm happy to swap notes and stuff with people, especially USyd ones to see what their faculty's approach is. But we haven't actually done anything yet so I've only got a few scribbled notes :).

jessika

law chicky
HSC
serious? I feel like Ive already missed way too many lectures. and we has an essay due in about 1.5 weeks worth 40% so Im kinda stressing out a little bit, specially since, I haven't really started.

kini mini

HSC
Is that the litigant assignment? I haven't gotten my first assignment yet!

timmii

sporadic attendee
The litigant assignment is due the monday after the sunday we return from law camp! (NB I *do* have law camp! :D ) That's just cruel.... :p

Kini - apparently your first assignment will be a case study. Have you met any law ppl from the boards? Or other boards ppl even? I know about 15 ppl doing law at unsw, many comm/law so i'm sure i could stalk you rather well if i were that way inclined. ;)

As for the note swapping - i dont type my notes up, but I'd love to discuss with others here the approaches their uni is taking. Kini, partic with the unsw commerce as well :D

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by timmii
The litigant assignment is due the monday after the sunday we return from law camp!
That's a long time away isn't it, someone told me today your camp is on the 28th...plenty of time ;).

Kini - apparently your first assignment will be a case study. Have you met any law ppl from the boards? Or other boards ppl even? I know about 15 ppl doing law at unsw, many comm/law so i'm sure i could stalk you rather well if i were that way inclined.
I'm a snobbish stalker, the only person I've seen fit to stalk so far is God :D. Got him too :D. Send a stalker is you want, but if you want me to send some "devastatingly handsome guy" you'd better pick yours carefully :p

As for meeting people, I keep running into people I know everywhere I go...today in an AIESEC meeting I was really embarassed because a guy recognised me from fencing last night and I thought he was someone else entirely :eek:. He must have been pretty puzzled by me calling him Joe three times when his name's Helmut :p.

As for the note swapping - i dont type my notes up, but I'd love to discuss with others here the approaches their uni is taking. Kini, partic with the unsw commerce as well

Yes, I'd be happy to partic ;)

I haven't decided whether to type notes up yet this year, I did for most of last year and that worked reasonably well. I have to learn to write faster though....hmmmm. We'll see.

timmii, so far UNSW commerce has been...unexciting ;). The maths is trivial so far (lots of people walked out of today's maths lecture, obviously some of us can handle simple interest), the microecons is interesting, refer to the threads in the UNSW forum about the crazy accounting lecturer :p.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
dammit, I walked all the way down to the computer lab, to post my assigment on this site, to get some opinions from you guys, but I forgot it.

kini mini

HSC
If any of you want the course outlines for UNSW commerce I can put the PDFs up :)

kini mini

HSC
Here are the course outlines for accounting and financial management, microeconomics, and quantitative methods A with the notes from the first two lectures :).

Last edited:

jessika

law chicky
HSC
edit: our essay topic got changed!

Last edited:

kini mini

HSC
Jessika I've downloaded them, but haven't really read them yet. What does "critically analyse" mean? There's a reference to further instructions you've apparently been given on the front page of the first PDF.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
pretty much an essay, just take the argument apart, talk about the positives, negatives and all that other stuff.

oops, I forgot to post the rest of the pdf, cause someone else wanted the computer.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
if anyone has law assignments, could you please post them, cause I want to know what other law people are doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)