Law Orientation Day (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I've sent them an email just confirming which day I should attend. Since there are only 150 ppl doing law at Macq I'd like to think that I can make it on the day
LoL, who told you there are only 150? There are 400 + students registered for that day, but we've had some re-arranging so we've got a couple of spots opening up.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I've sent them an email just confirming which day I should attend. Since there are only 150 ppl doing law at Macq I'd like to think that I can make it on the day
LoL, who told you there are only 150? There are 400 + students registered for that day, but we've had some re-arranging so we've got a couple of spots opening up.

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
hey peeps thanks for the concern but transition@Macquarie's just contacted me asking for details so that they can book me into o-day on the 19th so I think it's all good from here, phew I was almost worried for a minute there... 0__0

And lol at that fact that half this thread has been about me panicking about not reading the enrolment procedures carefully and the fact that I might miss out on o-day haha :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hey peeps thanks for the concern but transition@Macquarie's just contacted me asking for details so that they can book me into o-day on the 19th so I think it's all good from here, phew I was almost worried for a minute there... 0__0

And lol at that fact that half this thread has been about me panicking about not reading the enrolment procedures carefully and the fact that I might miss out on o-day haha :p
Roflmao. That's because may-cat is a Mentor Leader, and I'm the one responding to your email...

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
someone mentioned earlier the activities are more or less the same so I would imagine ur not going to miss out on anything even if u can't attend law o-day, its more about experiencing what life on campus has to offer and meet ppl doing the same degree as u.

astroe

HSC
Ah well, I'm also turning up on the 19th.
Second year though, transferring in. I think I know how everything works but it wouldn't hurt. :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
someone mentioned earlier the activities are more or less the same so I would imagine ur not going to miss out on anything even if u can't attend law o-day, its more about experiencing what life on campus has to offer and meet ppl doing the same degree as u.
Law is a bit different, as MULS will also assign you mentors for the rest of the year

Cookies N Cream

HSC
Should we go alone to orientation day? Also, I know this is an odd question, we're there to make friends and meet people within the faculty...but how exactly do you make friends at an orientation day? I mean...you can't just barge into a group and ask them how it's all going?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Should we go alone to orientation day? Also, I know this is an odd question, we're there to make friends and meet people within the faculty...but how exactly do you make friends at an orientation day? I mean...you can't just barge into a group and ask them how it's all going?
Yeah generally its a good idea to go by yourself, most of our activities are designed with the student and only the student in mind, so no parents or other friends rofl (unless they're there too).

And that's the fun part, I could tell you, but then i'd have to kill you...nah just joking..or am i

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
dw u didnt miss out on all that much. They gave us an on-campus tour showing us where all the important places are like the Co-op bookstore, library, MULS office, bar and various rooms. They gave a presentation that offered a pretty good snapshot of what Macquarie student life is all about, re-iterating the usual snuffus about the importance of making friends, having a social life etc...

The most important thing they mentioned on the day is that Law camp is on from 18-20th March so be sure to buy tickets early, during the 1st week as they go really quickly and there are limited places. It was more about the on campus tour than anything else really. And if u want more info then the Macquarie Law Society (MULS) and mentors have a facebook page so check that out.

Last edited:

astroe

HSC
Ah crap, I never got assigned a Mentor since I came an hour late.
Would I really need one, seeing as I'm going into second year and all?

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
I didnt even get to meet mine lol, I was one of the only two ppl who I knew on the day was doing Social Science/Law so I got assigned to a random group, I'm pretty sure mentoring is for first years only, its to help us newbies adjust to uni life

astroe

HSC
I remember one girl sitting by herself at the far left of the room get up when Social Science/Law was called out, I was thinking, "Poor her" HAHA.

dynasty

HSC
I was just wondering....are we supposed to enrol for both semesters units now or just semester 1 and then we enrol in semester 2 later/in July?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)