• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Law Orientation Camp 2007 FAQ (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
06ers doing law, U guys should come to law camp,
Orientation Camp 2007 - FAQ-from the UTS Website
What happens at the camp?

The Law Orientation Camp has a great program of activities, informative, academic and social, designed to help you make the transition to university study. There will be a number of sessions where staff from the University and Faculty will introduce you to a range of services and resources available to help you get the most of your time whilst studying at UTS. You will also learn more about the practice, profession and study of law so that you will have a better understanding of what lies ahead for you in the next few years and what opportunities are available.

The camp also includes a range of social activities including a variety of outdoor sports and activities, a very popular trivia night, a great dance party and more. It is a fantastic opportunity for you to meet other commencing students and make new friends with the people with whom you will most likely spend the next few years of your uni life. You will also meet and get to know senior students and academic and administrative staff who will be there to help you out and guide you.

Is it necessary for me to attend?
Attendance at the camp is optional, however, all commencing UG students are strongly encouraged to attend. The orientation camp is an important part of your introduction to the University and an invaluable and incredibly enjoyable first step.
Where is the camp located?

The camp is being held in outer suburban Sydney less than 1.5 hours from the city. The accommodation is dormitory style with separate accommodation and amenities for men and women. The location is kept secret to maintain the security and integrity of the camp. If parents of those attending the camp require additional information as to the location they can contact the Orientation Camp Coordinator, Robbie Allen, on +61 2 9514 3257 once the camp has commenced.
When does the camp start & finish?

The camp commences on Wednesday 14th February 2007 at 9.00 am. You will be required to bring your bags for the camp with you and will need to assemble at 9.00 am near the Bus/Coach bay located at the corner of Ultimo Road & Darling Drive next to UTS Markets Campus. The buses will depart for the camp at 9.30 am sharp.

The camp will finish on Friday 16th February and students will arrive back at UTS at approximately 1.00 pm. Those going to the camp are required to attend all 3 days.

What cost is involved?

The camp is partially subsidised by the University & the UTS LSS, however to help cover accommodation, food and transportation expenses, the cost to those attending the camp is $95.

If you think that you may have difficulties finding the money for the Camp, the University has an interest free loans scheme to assist students with genuine financial problems. If you would like to find out more or request assistance you can contact the Financial Assistance Officer at Student Services on +61 2 9514 1177.

What if I have any special meal requirements?
A standard menu will be provided, however, if you have any special needs, e.g. vegetarian, coeliac etc. please indicate this on the Medical and Consent Form.
Are medical facilities provided in the event of an emergency?

The Camp Coordinator, Staff and Law Students' Society members trained in first aid will be on site. Hospital facilities are located a short distance from the camp.
What if there is an emergency and I need to be contacted at the camp?

In the event of an emergency, parents can ring the Camp Hotline, +61 2 9514 3257 anytime during the camp.

If this fails, ring +61 2 9514 3444 and leave a message with the Law Information Office who will be able to make contact with the camp.

Do i need to register?
You must complete the Registration & Medical Consent Forms as per the registration info, and return it either at the enrolment session on 1st February after you have enrolled (NB: credit card, cheque or money orders only accepted on the day), by post with a cheque made payable to 'The University of Technology, Sydney', or by fax with credit card details to +61 2 9514 3400.

Att/. Robbie Allen, Faculty of Law
P.O. Box 123, Broadway 2007.

Your completed Law Orientation Camp Forms and fee must be received by 5.00 pm Wednesday 7th February 2007.

goan_crazy

HSC
mitsui said:
*drools*

how I wish I can go to that camp...........
Don't worry if u can't go...

u'll meet people once u start uni

but anyone who CAN go, make sure u do!

goan_crazy

HSC
Just bumping this up
anyone who got into law seriously go to this! :)

goan_crazy

HSC
I received the email about being a law camp leader finally
they misspelt my last name on the original thing
luckily a friend saw it and forwarded it 2 me :)

goan_crazy

HSC
deano059 said:
and the camp is at,,,? or was at..?
A "mystery location"
Everyone only finds out on the day

I don't think its a good idea to post on here where last one was at in case they use the same location.

deano059

HSC
goan_crazy said:
A "mystery location"
Everyone only finds out on the day

I don't think its a good idea to post on here where last one was at in case they use the same location.
i wasss going to b told at 1 stage,,

ruski88

HSC
Ok, I'm thinking of going and I got out of work just so I can go but I'm kinda scared coz I dont know ANYONE. So I'm wondering..do most people who go already know people? Or are there going to be loners like myself there too?

goan_crazy

HSC
ruski88 said:
Ok, I'm thinking of going and I got out of work just so I can go but I'm kinda scared coz I dont know ANYONE. So I'm wondering..do most people who go already know people? Or are there going to be loners like myself there too?
Its fine
You make friends there... thats what its for
There were some BoS people through this thread I made last year
it turned out there was also a girl from my primary school who i hadn't seen for 6 years... that was cool :)
there are even people there who you don't even get around to meeting thats how many people there are
yes there are people who go that don't know anyone

Hopefully I'll be a leader
still waiting on the confirmation email...

i know one first year going on this one
My dad taught her English :p

goan_crazy

HSC
I'm a law camp leader

so who's going to camp on here?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)