Law/ Int Studies @ UNSW (1 Viewer)

NickGero

HSC
I'm going overseas on the 14th January, so obviously will be absent for offers, enrollment, etc.

Can someone please explain what's involved in accepting offers at UNSW and enrolling in subjects? Does it need to be in person, for instance?

Also, on the Law/ Int Studies schedule, for the first year, it has International Studies Course, what can that include? Does that basically mean a language or a major stream subject?

And what's the difference between the compulsory language units and the major stream language studies?

Thanks.

acemusic415

HSC
International Studies is a bit convoluted in terms of its outline. Pretty much, there's a language stream and a major stream (a.k.a your major). Thus, there are two distinct components to your International Studies degree. A language must be done and a major must be chosen (for instance, my language stream is Korean Studies and my major stream is International Relations).

The difference between the compulsory languages units and the major stream language studies is that in, the compulsory language units - you only have to do 24 units (so 2 years of a language in essence). However, in the major (language studies), you are required to study another languages - this particular major caters to those who want to learn a second language by the end of their degree. So, including the compulsory language unit PLUS the major, you'll have mastered two languages by end of your degree.

Hope this helps! (Though, I'm not sure if Language Studies still exist anymore. I might be wrong).

lawstu

HSC
Can someone please explain what's involved in accepting offers at UNSW and enrolling in subjects? Does it need to be in person, for instance?
Back in those day, roughly when the UNSW Bookshop was a Co-op, UNSW used to be pen-and-paper. Now, the tech-savvy university allows you to do all of it online. You have to come back for your student card (and a photo) and the travel concession, though.

https%3A%2F%2Fmy.unsw.edu.au%2Fstudent%2Fcommencing%2FAccept.html
http%3A%2F%2Fmy.unsw.edu.au%2Fstudent%2Fcommencing%2FEnrolmentBrochureUG.pdf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)