law + finance @ uts (1 Viewer)

aditya

HSC
hows law and finance at UTS? is it comparable to unsw usyd?

because i know unsw is very good, it has more and better subject choices for finance than applied finance at mac, and thats a dedicated finance course...

NO BIAS please!!

thanks in advance

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I presume you want to do a combined law and finance degree then?

You'll have to do the combined BBusiness/LLB degree then, which has quite a high UAI as you would imagine. You can then major in Finance in the BBusiness and do Law at the same time. The Finance major is quite set in the UTS degree. Have a look at the UTS handbooks at http://www.uts.edu.au/div/publications/ to get an idea of what is in the Finance major.

aditya

HSC
yeh, i just wanted to knwo how the degree combined business/law rates to one at UNSW or USYD

Nupil

HSC
N/A
The only problem asking that here is that it's highly unlikely that a student would have experienced both.

While you can imagine both Universities have their strengths and weaknesses you have to make a holistic decision based on other factors. Are you willing to travel an hour extra a day simply because some people think a degree is better at a different University?

And you have to be aware that a BCommerce at UNSW and USyd allows you to do certain majors that a BBusiness at UTS doesn't, because you don't just do finance as your only course of study even if that is one chosen major.

You can compare things such as flexibility of degree (and hey bias here) - UTS is exceptionally flexible. The faculties for Law and Commerce are NOTABLY larger than at UTS which indicates that UTS is still trying to break the market. However it's important to note that it depends what focus you want to take - I.e. is the law component more important to you. If so then you have to consider whether you want prestige, then I'd guesstimate USyd.

I think it's peculiar to ask for a NON BIAS opinion of UTS students and comparing something most people havn't had the fortune (or misfortune) to experience both.

If you want a percentage rating - Look at the UAIs. If you want a comparison of what other people are obviously going for, look at the UAIs and concede that the highest demand is at UNSW. You presume if it has the highest demand, it's the better course. If thats the way you want to look at the world.

I'm crabby.

Nupil

HSC
N/A
I was nice!

Fortian or not, I still wholly stand-by what I said then :)

I can be a whole lot nastier. Meow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)