Law Faculty Welcome Day... n e pt. going? (1 Viewer)

guesswho

HSC
Hey,
just wondering if n e 1 knows whats happening on next Thursday's 'faculty welcome'? It's only an hour long so is it useful to go? Like will they give out stuff or just introduce the staff/lecturers?

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
People are being introduced!!?

I thought it would be an old guy talking for an hour about something uninteresting.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
i think its just the dean talking for some time, and thats about it. mebbe some msgs from lawsoc ppl. i'm assuming u got a congratulatory call from ronny, 011?

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
Yes. Are you that guy in the scholarships booklet?

Lainee

HSC
pigs_can_fly said:
woah, how'd u know?
Everyone knows, dear. :uhhuh: You've been immortalised in a shiny USyd brochure! At least until they feel a need to update the info. :)

Lainee

HSC
Well I don't know about 011, but erm... 1. I'm from SGHS so I had seen/heard about you before; 2. You look the way you sound? ; 3. You had it advertised in your signiture a while ago... More so the 3rd point though. :p

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
ohwow, sghs, coolz

i look the way i sound?

oh yeh that...ahaha

amyc

supernerd
HSC
011 said:
People are being introduced!!?

I thought it would be an old guy talking for an hour about something uninteresting.
hopefully it'll be just that, cuz i'm ditching the first half of it for jazz dancing @ SDC :D

Lainee

HSC
I went! Nothing important was said. Just Ron McCallum on one of his amazing, uplifting speeches. *goes all stary-eyed*

Lainee

HSC
:cool: How can you not know the Dean of USyd Law? Didn't you get a letter from him when you put down your preferences?

04er

HSC
Lainee said:
I went! Nothing important was said. Just Ron McCallum on one of his amazing, uplifting speeches. *goes all stary-eyed*
Is he completely blind? From where I was sitting it looked as though he was looking around the lecture theatre while speaking, and at me when I walked in late! :eek: Or am I just paranoid... :confused:

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
No, he is fully blind.

By the way, the seats in that theatre suck ass big time. If i ever have lectures in there i'm just not going. =P

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
Lainee said:
:cool: How can you not know the Dean of USyd Law? Didn't you get a letter from him when you put down your preferences?
nar, i never wanted to do law...i think its way too formal and boring.
i had engineering as my preference, never law.

After i received my uai, which i didn not expect to be that high, i figured why not put law in there too, i can always drop out if i don;t like it, but hey, i may as well give it a go before judging it as boring and overly formal.

So yeh, i've never met the dean, been to mini lectures or open day, or inquired about anything at all within the faculty :(

its just running on the side ther with my engineering which is my main focus...i'll either pass law, or i'll hate it and drop it :p

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
04er said:
Is he completely blind? From where I was sitting it looked as though he was looking around the lecture theatre while speaking, and at me when I walked in late! :eek: Or am I just paranoid... :confused:
obviously u dun know of the comic book character Daredevil? :p

Lainee

HSC
011 said:
By the way, the seats in that theatre suck ass big time. If i ever have lectures in there i'm just not going. =P
Yeah they were just uncomfortable... I think maybe because the seats are too deep or something. Eh.

gordo said:
nar, i never wanted to do law...i think its way too formal and boring.
i had engineering as my preference, never law.

After i received my uai, which i didn not expect to be that high, i figured why not put law in there too, i can always drop out if i don;t like it, but hey, i may as well give it a go before judging it as boring and overly formal.

So yeh, i've never met the dean, been to mini lectures or open day, or inquired about anything at all within the faculty :(

its just running on the side ther with my engineering which is my main focus...i'll either pass law, or i'll hate it and drop it :p
Ahh, my friend warned me about people like you. :p Where's the passion?!
It's all your fault she didn't make it in! Heheh. Hopefully many people put down law because they really really wanted to do it!

Lainee

HSC
Frigid said:
obviously u dun know of the comic book character Daredevil? :p
:p "By day, he now protects the innocent in the courtroom. By night, he protects the innocent on the streets of Hell's Kitchen as the scarlet-suited Daredevil." Aheheh, yeah that's got to be Ron McCallum. :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)