Law Courses' credit transfer (1 Viewer)

freejk01

HSC
I am doing law at UTS and i would like to transfer to sydney uni

do you guyz reckon that i would be able to transfer all the subjects i took at UTS?

for example; torts, contract, constitutional, criminal and so on..

subdued123

HSC
This is a highly complex question. Different unis have different policies.

You should contact the admissions officer/student helpdesk and ask to speak to the recognition of prior learning officer.

And unless anyone here actually works there/has done it, they're guessing.

It's not even as easy as I did tort here, therefore i'm exempt - different unis have different emphases. There are attempts at standardisation, but this is a long way off.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
freejk01 said:
I am doing law at UTS and i would like to transfer to sydney uni

do you guyz reckon that i would be able to transfer all the subjects i took at UTS?

for example; torts, contract, constitutional, criminal and so on..
If you are a second year transfer student, then yes, the subjects from UTS can be transferred over to USYD. USYD only allows students to 'transfer' if they have not completed over 48 units of credit in law and other subjects (equivalent), same as UNSW.

However, looking at your HSC year, i assume you are applying for graduate law at USYD, having completed 3 years of subjects in your second degree while completing less than or equal to 48 units of credit of law at UTS. (Ie if you do B Business, then after 3 years you have completed its requirements and so can 'graduate' and apply for 'graduate' courses).

The most important thing you need to remember then, is that if you have done more than 48 units of credit of law at any other university (incl UTS) then USYD will not allow you to graduate with a "USYD Law Degree". I suspect it has something to do with quality control, and ensuring you do the bulk of the course at their institution.

Hope that makes it clear :)

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
charlie_charlie said:
This link will give you a rough idea about what can be transferred. I used it when I was transferring from UTS to UNSW, so it will be a more educated guess about what you can transfer from UTS to USYD.

http://www.law.unsw.edu.au/future_students/undergraduate/docs/ADVANCED_STANDING_COURSES_AT_OTHER_NSW_UNIS_2006.pdf

But yeah, best to ask USYD Law Admissions directly to see what they can transfer.
Wow so many UNSW law students on these forums are transferees. And they all ended up doing so well ie Moonlight sonata and Laz.

This bodes well for the finale :shy:

Also to OP if you want to know about law courses' credit transfer at USYD ask Demandred on these forums. He applied successfully for graduate law at USYD this year.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Bobness said:
Wow so many UNSW law students on these forums are transferees. And they all ended up doing so well ie Moonlight sonata and Laz.
transfers FTW! :D

i think it has something to do with the fact that we worked hard in our first year in order to transfer, and that good work ethic has been kept throughout our degree. not blowing my own trumpet of course..

= Jennifer =

HSC
If you are talking about USYD Grad Law than as far as I know there is no academic credit.

When I called USYD about transferring to Grad Law they told me that I would have to repeat all my law subjects all over again because if I left UWS my law units would be counted towards my business degree as electives rather than be credited as law ones.

Hope this helps.

freejk01

HSC
im doin j.D at uts and tryin to transfer to usyd grad law.

will i be better off staying at uts for j.d
?

jamesgmorris

HSC
N/A
how hard would it be to transfer from macquarie uni arts/law to sydney or unsw arts/law?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)