Law and society HR (1 Viewer)

Mays

HSC
ok HR question...i need help with:

"outline ONE specific example of a contemorary domestic human rights struggle. explain TWO ways that the legal system has responded to this struggle"..

can i discuss the chilren within detention centers and how its a violation of CROC and CCPR (even though Aust has signed both its response has not been effective)? OR do i have to choose an issue where the response has been effective in protecting human rights such as ...i dunno????

sorry if this is confussing ...

digmahstigma

HSC
hmmm thats hard, since it does say how the legal system HAS responded to the situation... and what if it hasnt?... would they ask something that restricts u like that though?

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
you could say how the thing about children in detention centres went to the high court

It did didn't it? I think it did. Maybe.....

Last edited:

:: dreami ::

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
digmahstigma said:
hmmm thats hard, since it does say how the legal system HAS responded to the situation... and what if it hasnt?... would they ask something that restricts u like that though?
well since the laws were already there, and the gov. has refused to do anything then the laws 'have' responded in a sense. just think laterally hahaha

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
0ur teacher is always going on and on about "recent issues" and stuff...

the asylum seekers seeking refuge in australia was going to be my main focus if asked about legal system's response to human rights issue...

but most of my info was from 2003.

how recent is "recent" do you think?

carlz_07

HSC
Mays said:
ok HR question...i need help with:

"outline ONE specific example of a contemorary domestic human rights struggle. explain TWO ways that the legal system has responded to this struggle"..
Ok, so my immediate thoughts would be to write along the lines of this...

One specific example of a contemporary domestic human rights struggle is the issue of children being locked up in detention centres. In Australia, any asylum seeker is detained, and there are no exceptions. (then I'd go on and outline quickly a media report)

And then I have no idea about the 2 ways thing

Tim_Shady

HSC
N/A
i think u say that the legal system has responded by signing these covenants, but pretty much ignoring them.... its the truth at least

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)