LATN1000 - Introductory Latin A Lectures (1 Viewer)

persephone

HSC
LATN1000 - Introductory Latin A

Session One
Lecture Mon 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Morven Brown 307
Lecture Tue 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm Quadrangle G040
Lecture Thu 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Lecture Wed 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Morven Brown 307

Do we have to go to all four? and this is a bad thing to ask as if we do i've already missed out on 2 of the lectures. it didn't occur to me that I'd have 4 lectures for latin. I saw it on my timetable and thought that I only had to go to one of the four. so, all four or just one?

persephone

HSC
just so you know, i'm not having a first-year stress attack at the moment. i'm quite calm actually. but thanks for answering my post. just a quick questoin. the Mon and Tues lectures on my timetable have the asterisks next to them, indicating that they are permitted clashes, sorry if i sound stupid (i think it's obvious in every act i do), what exactly does that mean?

(i know stupid first-year)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
You are not a stupid first year, things in uni tend not to be explained well.

A "permitted" clash means that you have two (or more) classes on at the same time, but myUNSW will let you enroll in both of them. In practicle terms, it means you must choose which of the two (or more) classes to attend each week.

persephone

HSC
thanks for not thinking that i'm stupid.

funny thing happened today though. i was trying to get to my latin lecture, emphasis the trying, but there was noone at the room and the door was locked. it was supposed to be at the Morven Brown building rm 307. I went around and down the stairs and up and around again back to the room hoping that during the time I was walking around someone else was there. I think I did that several times.

I then went to reception and asked the receptionist, who was actually one of the people from my linguistics lecture (one of the tutors), about where it was and he said rm 307. So, I went again. No one there and the door was locked. I went back down to reception and the guy ( I think his name is Daniel) came with me to the room and it was again, locked, and no one was lining up there. He then proceeded to his office where he wrote an email to the lecturer notifying that had missed the latin lectures for the week, and made an attempt to come to today's lecture but no one was there. Also, adding whether there was or was not a room change that I was not informed of.

I got to go home early though. But I left missing my third latin lecture and not knowing where or if I have my latin lecture tomorrow.

so really great I think.

anyone who does LATN1000, please reply and tell me where you are!
(although I think it's a small class of 10, myself include, so the chances are very slim)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Wow, that's annoying. First thing to note is that most rooms have a schedual pined up on the door, so you cna check that if you think you are in the wrong place.

Maybe your lect told everyone last lec about the move. I guess the only thing you can do now is wait for an email form the lec, and try and attend tommorow's lecture.

persephone

HSC
nice thought. attend tomorrow's lecture. where the room allocation is "TBA - to be advised". yeah i'll try... :)

thanks for your help though

persephone

HSC
i got a reply from the lecturer. apparently there was a cancellation of class yesterday due to a long standing prior commitment. he had to change the timetable anyway because of conflicts with timetable but his email was so nice and i didn't feel stupid for missing out on all of my latin lectures this week!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)