Latin Motto's? (1 Viewer)

Triple777ER

Vamos Rojas
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
Sirius Black
  • [On being asked if dying hurt] Dying? Not at all. Quicker and easier than falling asleep.
  • My whole family have been in Slytherin...maybe I'll break tradition.
  • See ya, Snivellus!
  • We are part of you. Invisible to anyone else.
[edit] Amycus Carrow
  • [In response to "Where do vanished objects go?"] I dunno, do I? Shut it!
[edit] Monsieur Delacour
  • [referring to the razor he gives to Harry for his birthday] Ahhh...This eez a rather clever device, and et shaves you quite smoothly. But you'll 'ave to tell et ex'ctly where you want et to shave, ow'therwise you will find a lot less 'air where you don't want et.
[edit] Fleur Delacour
  • (disguised as Harry with Polyjuice Potion) Bah.. Bill, don't look at me - I'm 'ideous.
  • 'Arry, you saved my sister's life, I do not forget.
  • (awkwardly attempts to break the embarrassment caused by Percy Weasley's appearance) So... 'ow eez leetle Teddy?
[edit] Aberforth Dumbledore
  • You bloody fools!
  • [after being thanked for saving Harry, Ron, and Hermione's lives]] Look after 'em, then, I may not be able to save 'em a third time.
  • [To Ron] Brains like that, you could be a Death Eater, son. Haven't I just proved my Patronus is a goat?
  • [To Harry, Ron and Hermione] Secrets and lies, that's how we lived, and Albus - he was a natural.
  • There's only one way in, now. You must know they've got all old secret passageways covered at both ends, Dementors all around the boundry walls, regular patrols inside the school from what my sources tell me. The place has never been so heavily guarded. How you expect to do anything once you get inside, with Snape in charge and the Carrows as his Deputies ... well, thats your lookout, isn't it? You say you're prepared to die.
  • [referring to the Patronus] It's a goat, idiot!
[edit] Albus Dumbledore
  • Harry, you wonderful boy, you brave, brave man.
  • It is a curious thing, Harry, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it.
  • I loved them, I loved my parents, I loved my brother and my sister, but I was selfish, Harry, more selfish than you, who is a remarkably selfless person, could possibly imagine.
  • Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that make it any less real?
  • [Last words to Lupin and Kingsley] Harry is the best hope we have. Trust him.
  • That which Voldemort does not value, he takes no trouble to understand. Of house-elves and children's tales, of love, loyalty, and innocence, Voldemort knows and understands nothing. Nothing. That they all have a power beyond his own, a power beyond the reach of any magic, is a truth he has never grasped.
  • Power was my weakness and my temptation.
  • (when Harry asked why he made the journey so difficult) I am afraid I counted on Miss Granger to slow you up, Harry. I was afraid your hot head would dominate your good heart. I was scared that, if presented outright with the facts of those tempting objects, you would seize them as I did; at the wrong time, for the wrong reasons. If you laid hands on them, I wanted you to possess them safely. You are the true master, because the true master does not run away from Death. He accepts that he must die and knows that there are far, far worse things in the living world then dying
  • [planning his death] I admit I am vain enough to prefer a quick, easy end, rather than the prolonged, messy affair it is likely to be if, say, Greyback is involved... or dear Bellatrix, who likes to play with her food before she eats it.
  • I ask this one great favour of you, Severus, because death is coming for me surely as the Chudley Cannons will finish bottom of this year's league.
  • Do not pity the dead, Harry, pity the living. Above all pity those who live without love. By returning you may ensure that fewer souls are maimed and fewer families are torn apart. If that seems to you a worthy goal, then we say goodbye for the present.
  • [To Harry] If he could only have understood the precise and terrible power of that sacrifice, he would not, perhaps, have dared to touch your blood... but then, if he had been able to understand, he could not have been Lord Voldemort, and might never have murdered at all.
  • "To Harry when he was infront of the mirror of Erised" It shows us nothing more or less than the deepest most desperate desire of our heart.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that.

[edit] Dudley Dursley
  • [To Harry] I don't think you're a waste of space.
  • Why isn't he [Harry] coming with us?
[edit] Hermione Granger
  • [Responding to Scrimgeour's question of why Harry's birthday cake is shaped like a Snitch] Oh, it can't be a reference to the fact Harry's a great Seeker, that's way too obvious, there must be a secret message from Dumbledore hidden in the icing!
  • Imagine losing fingernails, Harry! That really puts our sufferings into perspective, doesn't it?
  • [To Ron, mirroring a line in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone] Are you a wizard, or what?
  • Always the tone of surprise.
  • [Punching Ron after each word] You - complete - arse - Ronald - Weasley!
  • [Punching Ron after each word] You - crawl - back - here - after - weeks - and - weeks - oh, where's my wand?
  • Merlin's pants!
  • [After transforming into Harry by the Polyjuice Potion] Harry, your eyesight really is awful.
  • You could claim that anything's real if the only basis for believing in it is that nobody's ever proved that it doesn't exist!
  • Mudblood, and proud of it!
  • [Crying, begging for Ron to stop from pursuing Death Eaters after Fred's death] We will fight! We'll have to reach the snake! But let's not lose sight now of what we're supposed to be d-doing! We're the only ones who can end it!
  • Wands are only as powerful as the wizards who use them. Some wizards just like to boast that theirs are bigger and better than other people's.
[edit] Griphook
  • You are an unusual wizard, Harry Potter.
  • If I believe there is a wizard that is not to his own good, that will be you, Harry Potter.
  • So young, to be fighting so many.
[edit] Kreacher
  • [hitting Mundungus Fletcher with a pan] Perhaps just one more, Master Harry, for luck?
  • Fight! Fight! Fight for my Master, defender of house-elves! Fight the Dark Lord, in the name of brave Regulus! Fight!
[edit] Viktor Krum
  • Vot is the point of being an international Quidditch player if all the good-looking girls are taken?
  • [Greeting Hermione at The Burrow] You look vonderful.
[edit] Lestrange, Bellatrix
  • Harry Potter! Your death approaches.
  • [Last lines] What will happen to your children when I've killed you? When Mummy's gone the same way as Freddie?
[edit] Longbottom, Neville
  • (To Voldemort) I'll join you when hell freezes over! Dumbledore's Army!
  • Thing was they bit off a bit more than they can chew with Gran. Little old witch living alone, they probably thought they didn't need to send anyone particularly powerful. Anyway, Dawlish is still in St. Mungo's and Gran's on the run.
  • (To Harry) Everyone in this room has proved they're loyal to Dumbledore - loyal to you.
  • (About rebelling against the Carrows) It got more difficult as time went on. We lost Luna over Christmas and Ginny never came back after Easter, the three of us were sort of the leaders. The Carrows knew that I was behind a lot of it so they came down on me hard.
  • (a graffiti sign) Dumbledore's Army-Still recruiting!
  • [To Harry, Ron and Hermione] You didn't hear her, you wouldn't have stood it either. The thing is, it helps when people stand up to them, it gives everyone hope. I used to notice that when you did it, Harry.
[edit] Lovegood, Luna
  • Daddy, look- one of the gnomes actually bit me!
  • Thank you so much Dobby for rescuing me from that cellar. It’s so unfair that you had to die when you were so good and brave. I’ll always remember what you did for us. I hope you’re happy now.
  • I think the answer is, a circle has no beginning.
  • [Agreeing to cause a distraction] Oooh, look, a Blibbering Humdinger!
  • [After McGonagall says Lord Voldemort is attacking] Ooh! We can say that name now?
  • [On Ravenclaws reaction to unconscious body of Alecto Carrow] Oh, look! They're pleased!
[edit] Lovegood, Xenophilius
  • Are you refering to the symbol of The Deathly Hallows?
  • How wonderful! Gnome saliva is enormously beneficial!
  • You may have been gifted by the Gernumbilies!
[edit] Lupin, Remus
  • I am sorry too. Sorry I will never know [his newborn son]... but he will know why I died and I hope he will understand. I was trying to make a world in which he could live a happier life.
  • [On Potterwatch] I'd tell him [Harry] we're all with him in spirit, and to follow his instincts, which are good and nearly always right.
[edit] Ollivander, Mr.
  • [To Luna] You were an inexpressible comfort to me in that terrible place.
  • The wand chooses the wizard, that much has always been clear to those of us who have studied wandlore.
[edit] Potter, Harry
  • [The trio are arguing about who should and shouldn't break into the Ministry] Fine, I'll stay here. Let me know if you ever defeat Voldemort, won't you?
  • [To Ron and Hermione kissing] OI! There's a war going on here!
  • [Amycus Carrow spits in Professor McGonagall's face and Harry pulls off his invisibility cloak] You shouldn't have done that. [Using Crucio] I see what Bellatrix meant, you need to really mean it.
  • I think dating opportunities are going to be pretty thin on the ground, to be honest.
  • She's seeing someone. Jealous type. Big bloke. You wouldn't want to cross him. [In response to Krum upon his interest in Ginny]
  • [19 years later, to his son] Albus Severus, you were named for two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew.
  • Then we'll have nothing to do but find Horcruxes... it'll be like a holiday, won't it?
  • [To Voldemort, right before they duel]] So it all comes down to this, doesn’t it? Does the wand in your hand know its last master was Disarmed? Because if it does ... I am the true master of the Elder Wand.
  • [To Rufus Scrimgeour] Interesting theory. Has anyone ever tried putting a sword into Voldemort? Maybe the Ministry should get some people onto that, instead of wasting their time stripping down Deluminators or covering up breakouts from Azkaban.
  • [To Remus Lupin, after Remus says that he doesn't want his son to meet him] I'd never have believed it. The man who taught me to fight Dementors - a coward.
  • I don't want anyone else to try to help. It's got to be like this. It's got to be me.
  • Nobody. There are no more horcruxes. It's just you and me. Neither can live while the other survives, and one of us is about to leave for good.
  • The (Elder) wand's more trouble then it's worth. Quite honestly, I've had enough trouble for a life time.
[edit] Potter, James
  • Gryffindor, where dwell the brave at heart!
[edit] [Professor] Flitwick, Filius
  • You'll do no more murder at Hogwarts!
  • [When Harry asks him about the Diadem of Ravenclaw] A little extra wisdom never goes amiss, Potter, but I hardly think it would be much use in this situation!
[edit] [Professor] McGonagall, Minerva
  • CHARGE!!!!!!!!
  • [On Harry using Crucio on Amycus Carrow] Potter, I - that was very - very gallant of you.
  • [To Severus Snape] Coward! COWARD!
  • [Telling the students of Snape's departure] He has, to use the common phrase, done a bunk.
  • [In response to "Where do vanished objects go?"] Into non-being, which is to say, everything.
  • [To Horace Slughorn] If you wish to leave with your students we shall not stop you, but if any of you attempt to sabotage our resistance or take up arms against us within this castle, then Horace, we duel to kill.
  • [To Horace Slughorn] The time has come for Slytherin House to decide upon its loyalties.
  • [When Argus Filch complains about students being out of bed] They're supposed to be, you blithering idiot! Now go and do something constructive. Find Peeves!
  • [About Snape after Slughorn comes panting into the room and after Snape jumps out window] (gesturing to broken window) Our headmaster is taking a short break.
[edit] [Professor] Sprout, Pomona
  • Tentacula. Devil's Snare. And Snargaluff pods ... yes, I'd like to see the Death Eaters fighting those.
[edit] Riddle, Tom (Lord Voldemort)
  • I have been careless, and so have been thwarted by luck and chance, those wreckers of all but the best laid plans.
  • Is it love again? Dumbledore's favourite solution, love? Which he claimed conquered death? Though love did not stop him falling from the tower and breaking like an old waxwork. Love? Which did not prevent me stamping out your Mudblood mother like a cockroach, Potter. And nobody seems to love you enough to run forward this time and take my curse. So what will stop you dying now when I strike?
  • It matters not! It matters not whether Snape was mine or Dumbledore's, or what petty obstacles they tried to put in my path. I crushed them as I crushed your mother, Snape's supposed great love. Oh, but it all makes sense Potter and in ways that you do not understand. Dumbledore was trying to keep the Elder Wand from me. He intended that Snape should be the true master of the wand. But I got there ahead of you little boy. I reached the wand before you could get your hands upon it. I understood the truth before you caught up. I killed Severus Snape three hours ago and the Elder Wand, the Death Stick, the Wand of Destiny is truly mine. Dumbledore's last plan went wrong, Harry Potter.
  • [Mockingly] Harry Potter. The Boy Who Lived.
  • I speak now, Harry Potter, directly to you. You have permitted your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself. I shall wait for one hour in the Forbidden Forest. If, at the end of that hour, you have not come to me, have not given yourself up, then battle recommences. This time, I shall enter the fray myself, Harry Potter, and I shall find you, and I shall punish every last man, woman, and child who has tried to conceal you from me. One hour.
  • (Chasing Harry while flying) Mine!
  • [Last words] Avada Kedavra!
[edit] Snape, Severus
  • Hide them all, then. Keep her - them - safe. Please. (In reference to the Potters)
  • I wish...I wish I were dead...
  • (In reference to Dumbledore saying he should kill him) Would you like me to do it now? Or would you like a few moments to compose an epitaph?
  • [To Lily] He fancies you, James Potter fancies you!
  • Always...
  • [Last words] Look... at me...
[edit] Shacklebolt, Kingsley
  • [In the form of his lynx Patronus] The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming.
  • [On Potterwatch] I'd say that it's one short step from 'wizards first' to 'purebloods first' to 'Death Eaters'. We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving.
[edit] Weasley, Ronald
  • BLOODY HELL
  • IF WE DIE FOR THEM, I'LL KILL YOU, HARRY!
  • [Punching Draco Malfoy from under the Invisibility Cloak] That's the second time we've saved your life tonight, you two-faced bastard!
  • Always the tone of surprise.
  • [On Harry's birthday present] It's not for my mother's eyes.
  • How in the name of Merlin's pants have you managed to get your hands on those Horcrux books?
  • [On being told that his soul would remain whole if Hermione stabbed him] Which would be a real comfort to me, I'm sure.
  • No, brutal triple murder by the bridegroom's mother might put a bit of a damper on the wedding.
  • Brilliant, I’ll go and get one of our other ancient goblin-made swords and you can gift wrap it
  • [To his children, Rose and Hugo] If you're not in Gryffindor, we'll disinherit you, but no pressure.
  • [Referring to Draco Malfoy's son] Make sure you beat him in every test, Rosie. Thank God you inherited your mother's brains.
  • And are they getting married in my bedroom? No! So why in the name of Merlin's saggy left -
  • [After kissing Hermione during the battle] It's now or never, isn't it?
  • [To Hermione] You're a genius.
  • All's fair in love and war, and this is a bit of both.
  • [With regard to Peeves singing his victory song.] That really captures the scope and tragedy of the thing, doesn't it?
  • I knew Ginny was lying about that tattoo.
  • Blimey, Neville, there's a time and a place for getting a smart mouth.
  • And what in the name of Merlin's most baggy Y fronts is so important?
  • -because it's the first time for all of us!
  • [When all the kids are staring at older Harry on the train] Don't let it worry you...It's me. I'm extremely famous.
  • "It hasn't exactly been a picnic, mate."
[edit] Weasley, Fred
  • Thirteen of us against one bloke who's not allowed to use magic, we've got no chance.
  • Pathetic, pathetic! With the whole world of ear-related humour before you, you go for holey?
  • [Referring to Voldemort on Potterwatch] The fact remains that he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted by shampoo when he wants to.
  • I'm George, can't you even tell us apart when we're Harry? I'm only yanking your wand, I'm Fred really.
  • For instance, this new idea that You-Know-Who can kill with a single glance from his eyes. That's a Basilisk, listeners. One simple test, check whether the thing that's glaring at you has got legs. If it has, it's safe to look into its eyes, although if it really is You-Know-Who, that's still likely to be the last thing you ever do.
  • [last words] “You actually are joking, Perce. . . . I don’t think I’ve heard you joke since you were—“
  • [in reference to looking like Harry] Well, none of us really fancy it...Imagine if something went wrong and we were stuck as specky scrawny gits forever!
[edit] Weasley, George
  • [Upon Fred's question about whether he was right in the head] I'm holy, holey Fred, geddit?
  • Why aren't Ron and Bill huddled round my sickbed?
  • [After losing an ear] Ah well, you'll be able to tell us apart now, anyway, Mum.
  • [After Fred praises Harry's speech] Yeah, 'ear, 'ear.
  • [To Fred about both looking like Harry] Wow - we're identical!
[edit] Weasley, Ginny
  • [Talking to Harry after she learns he is going to search for the remaining horcruxes] So then I thought, I'd like you to have something to remember me by, you know, if you meet some Veela when you're off doing whatever you're doing.
  • There's the silver lining I've been looking for.
[edit] Weasley, Molly
  • [After Bellatrix aims a Killing Curse at Ginny] NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!
  • [To Bellatrix] You — will — never — touch — our — children — again!
[edit] Weasley, Percy
  • I was a fool! I was an idiot, I was a pompous prat, I was a - a -
  • I'm sorry, Dad.
  • [Duelling the Minister of Magic] Hello, Minister! Did I mention I'm resigning?
  • No - no - no! No! Fred! No!
  • [Avenging Fred's death] ROOKWOOD!
[edit] Other
  • Peeves- We did it, we bashed them, wee Potter's the one, And Voldy's gone moldy so now lets have fun!
  • [Engraved on Dobby's grave] Here lies Dobby, a Free Elf.
  • [Engraved on the Potters' grave. Taken from the Bible] The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. (1 Corinthians 15:26)
  • [Engraved on Rowena Ravenclaw's diadem] Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.
  • [Engraved on Ariana and Kendra Dumbledore's grave. Taken from the Bible] Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. (Matthew 6:21)

[edit] Dialogue

Albus Dumbledore: "No," agreed Dumbledore. "You are a braver man by far than Igor Karkaroff. You know, I sometimes think we sort too soon..." He walked away, leaving Snape looking stricken...
[Hermione says] "Harry, I'm sorry, but I think the real reason you're so angry is that Dumbledore never told you any of this himself."
"Maybe I am!" Harry bellowed, and he flung his arms over his head, hardly knowing whether he was trying to hold in his anger or protect himself from his own disillusionment. "Look what he asked from me, Hermione! Risk your life, Harry! And again! And again! And don't expect me to explain everything, just trust me blindly, trust that I know what I'm doing, trust me even though I don't trust you! Never the whole truth! Never!"
His voice cracked with the strain, and they stood looking at each other in the whiteness and the emptiness, and Harry felt they were as insignificant as insects beneath that wide sky.
"He loved you," Hermione whispered. "I know he loved you."
Harry dropped his arms. "I don't know who he loved, Hermione, but it was never me. This isn't love, the mess he's left me in. He shared a damn sight more of what he was really thinking with Gellert Grindelwald than he ever shared with me."
Harry picked up Hermione's wand, which he had dropped in the snow, and sat back down in the entrance of the tent.
"Thanks for the tea. I'll finish the watch. You get back in the warm."
She hesitated, but recognised the dismissal. She picked up the book and then walked back past him into the tent, but as she did so, she brushed the top of his head lightly with her hand. He closed his eyes at her touch, and hated himself for wishing that what she said was true: that Dumbledore had really cared.
Lily Evans [to Severus Snape]: I can't pretend anymore. You've chosen your way, I've chosen mine.
Remus Lupin: "Support Harry Potter" parties are unwise in the present climate.
Lee Jordan: Indeed they are, Romulus, so we suggest that you continue to show your devotion to the man with the lightening scar by listening to Potterwatch!

Albus Dumbledore: Don't be shocked, Severus. How many men and women have you watched die?
Severus Snape: Lately, only those whom I could not save.
Severus Snape: Well, if you'd rather be brawny than brainy...
Sirius Black: Where are you hoping to go, seeing as you're neither?
Lord Voldemort: Why doesn't it work for me, Snape?
Severus Snape: My-my Lord? I do not understand. You-you have performed extraordinary magic with that wand.
Lord Voldemort: No. I have performed my usual magic. I am extraordinary...
Ron Weasley: He must've known I'd run out on you.
Harry Potter: No...he must've known you'd always want to come back.
Harry: Is this real? Or has this been happening inside my head?
Dumbledore: Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?
George Weasley: Yeah, she just told me my ears are lopsided. Old bat. I wish Uncle Bilius was still with us, though; he was a right old laugh at weddings.
Hermione Granger: Wasn't he the one who saw a Grim and died twenty-four hours later?
George Weasley: Well, he went a bit odd towards the end.
Fred Weasley: But before he went loopy he was the life and soul of the party. He used to down an entire bottle of Firewisky, then run on to the dance floor, hoist up his robes and start pulling bunches of flowers out of his-
Hermione Granger: Yes, he sounds a real charmer.
Ron Weasley: Never married, for some reason.
Hermione Granger: You amaze me.

Mrs. Weasley: How do you feel, Georgie?
George Weasley: Saint-like.
Fred Weasley: What's wrong with him? Is his mind affected?
George Weasley: Saint-like. You see...I'm holy! Holey, Fred, geddit?
Fred Weasley: Pathetic. Pathetic! With the whole wide world of ear-related humour before you, you go for holey?
Ron Weasley: No, I mean we should tell [the house elves] to get out. We don't want any more Dobbys, do we? We can't order them to die for us -
[Hermione kisses him]
Harry Potter: (weakly) Is this the moment?
[Ron and Hermione don't stop kissing and hug more tightly]
Harry Potter: (annoyed) OI! There's a war going on here!
[Ron and Hermione stop kissing, but continue to hug each other] Ron Weasley: (as though a bludger has hit him) I know, mate, so it's now or never, isn't it?
Harry Potter: You've sort of made up for it tonight. Getting the sword. Finishing off the Horcrux. Saving my life.
Ron Weasley: That makes me sound a lot cooler than I was.
Harry Potter: Stuff like that always sounds cooler than it really was. I've been trying to tell you that for years.
Percy Weasley: I was a fool! I was an idiot, I was a pompous prat, I was a – a --
Fred Weasley: Ministry-loving, family-disowning, power-hungry moron.
Percy Weasley: Yes, I was!
Fred Weasley: Well, you can't say fairer than that. (holds out his hand)

Luna Lovegood: [Rushing to greet Harry, who is disguised by Polyjuice Potion] Hello, Harry!
Harry Potter: [confused] Er – my name’s Barny.
Luna Lovegood: Oh, have you changed that too?
Harry Potter: How did you know -?
Luna Lovegood: Oh, just your expression.
Minister Scrimgeour: You may wear that scar like a crown, Potter, but it is not up to a seventeen year-old boy to tell me how to do my job! It's time you learned some respect!
Harry: It's time you earned it.
Albus Dumbledore: If she means so much to you, surely Lord Voldemort will spare her? Could you not ask for mercy for the mother, in exchange for the son?
Severus Snape: I have – I have asked him –
Albus Dumbledore: You disgust me. You do not care, then, about the deaths of her husband and child? They can die, as long as you have what you want?
Severus Snape: Hide them all, then, Keep her – them – safe. Please.
Albus Dumbledore: And what will you give me in return, Snape?
Severus Snape: In – in return? ... Anything.
Severus Snape: You're...you're a witch.
Lily Evans: That's not a very nice thing to say to somebody!
Lily Evans: Does it make a difference, being Muggle-born?
Severus Snape: No. It doesn't make any difference.
Severus Snape: Are you intending to let him kill you?
Albus Dumbledore: Certainly not. You must kill me.
Severus Snape: ...Would you like me to do it now? Or would you like a few moments to compose an epitaph?
Severus Snape: If you don't mind dying, why not let Draco do it?
Albus Dumbledore: That boy's soul is not yet damaged beyond repair. I would not have it ripped apart on my account
Severus Snape: And my soul, Dumbledore? Mine?
Albus Dumbledore: You alone know whether it will damage your soul to help an old man avoid pain and humiliation.
Kingsley Shacklebolt: I’d say that it’s one short step from "Wizards first" to "Purebloods first," and then to "Death Eaters." We’re all human, aren’t we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving.
Lee Jordan: Excellently put, Royal, and you’ve got my vote for Minister of Magic if we ever get out of this mess.
Severus Snape: I want your word!
Albus Dumbledore: My word? My word, Snape, that I will never reveal the best of you? Very well.
Hermione Granger: You come back after weeks - weeks - and you think it's all going to be all right if you just say sorry?"
Ron Weasley: Well, What else can I say? Hermione Granger: Oh, I don't know! Rack your brains, Ron, that should only take a couple of seconds-"
Albus Dumbledore: After all this time?
Severus Snape: Always...

Albus Potter: What if I'm in Slytherin?
Harry Potter: Albus Severus, you are named for two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew.
Harry Potter: My father died trying to protect my mother and me, and you reckon he'd tell you to abandon your kid to go on an adventure with us?
Harry Potter: You won't be killing anyone else tonight. You won't be able to kill any of them, ever again. Don't you get it? I was ready to die to stop you hurting these people -
Voldemort: But you didn't
Harry: - I meant to, and that's what did it. I've done what my mother did. They're protected from you. Haven't you noticed that none of the spells you put on them are binding? You can't torture them. You can't touch them. You don't learn from your mistakes, Riddle, do you?

[edit] Narrator
  • The letter was an incredible treasure, proof that Lily Potter had lived, really lived, that her warm hand had once moved across this parchment, tracing ink into these letters, these words, words about him, Harry, her son.
  • "It doesn't mean defeating death in the way the Death Eaters mean it, Harry," said Hermione, her voice gentle. "It means... you know... living beyond death. Living after death."
    But they were not living, Harry thought: they were gone. The empty words could not disguise the fact that his parents' mouldering remains lay beneath snow and stone, indifferent, unknowing. And tears came before he could stop them, boiling hot and then instantly freezing on his face, and what was the point in wiping them off, or pretending? He let them fall, his lips pressed hard together, looking down at the thick snow hiding from his eyes the place where the last of Lily and James lay, bones now, surely, or dust, not knowing or caring that their living son stood so near, his heart still beating, alive because of their sacrifice and close to wishing, at this moment, that he was sleeping under the snow with them.
  • Ron stared around the room as though he was bidden to memorise it. [Awkward moment between Harry and Lupin]
  • Luna had decorated her bedroom ceiling with five beautifully painted faces: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and Neville. They were not moving as the portraits at Hogwarts moved, but there was a certain magic about them all the same; Harry thought they breathed. What appeared to be fine golden chains wove around the pictures, linking them together, but after examining them for a minute or so, Harry realized that the chains were actually one word, repeated a thousand times in golden ink: friends...friends...friends...friends... Harry felt a great rush of affection for Luna.
  • There was a clatter as the basilisk fangs cascaded out of Hermione's arms. Running at Ron, she flung them around his neck and kissed him full on the mouth. Ron threw away the fangs and broomstick he was holding and responded with such enthusiasm that he lifted Hermione off her feet.
  • Then he heard a terrible cry that pulled at his insides, that expressed agony of a kind niether flame nor curse could cause[...]
  • The world had ended, so why had the battle not ceased, the castle fallen silent in horror, and every combatant laid down their arms?
  • Finally, the truth. Lying with his face pressed into the dusty carpet of the office where he had once thought he was learning the secrerts of victory, Harry understood at last that he was not supposed to survive.
  • People were moving around, trying to comfort each other, drinking, kneeling beside the dead, but he could not see any of the people he loved, no hint of Hermione, Ron, Ginny or any of the other Weasleys, no Luna. He felt he would have given all the time remaining to him for just one last look at them; but then, would he ever have had the strength to stop looking? It was better like this.
  • But he was home. Hogwarts was the first and best home he had known. He and Voldemort and Snape, the abandoned boys, had all found home here...
  • The night wet and windy, two children dressed as pumpkins waddling across the square, and the shop windows covered in paper spiders, all the tawdry Muggle trappings of a world in which they did not believe.
  • The green eyes found the black, but after a second something in the depths of the dark pair seemed to vanish, leaving them fixed, blank and empty. The hand holding Harry thudded to the floor, and Snape moved no more.
  • The images of Fred, Lupin and Tonks lying dead in the Great Hall forced their way back into his mind's eye, and for a moment he could hardly breathe: Death was impatient...
  • "NO!"
The scream was the more terrible because he had never expected or dreamed that Professor McGonagall could make such a sound.
  • And Harry, with the unerring skill of the Seeker, caught the wand in his free hand as Voldemort fell backward, arms splayed, the slit pupils of the scarlet eyes rolling upward. Tom Riddle hit the floor with a mundane finality, his body feeble and shrunken, the white hands empty, the snakelike face vacant and unknowing. Voldemort was dead, killed by his own rebounding curse, and Harry stood with two wands in his hands, staring down at his enemy's shell.
  • [Last line] The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.
OH FUCK!

Miffstaa

HSC
"But Hagrid I haven't any money."
"Didn't think you're parents would leave you with nothing did yah Harry?"

"THATS what Fluffy's trying to protect.
THATS what's hidden under the trap door.
THATS what Snape is trying to steal."

Triple777ER

Vamos Rojas
HSC
Date of Birth
23 July 1989, Fulham, London, England, UK

Birth Name
Daniel Jacob Radcliffe

Nickname
Dan

Height
5' 6" (1.68 m)

Mini Biography

Daniel Jacob Radcliffe was born on July 23rd, 1989 to Alan Radcliffe and Marcia Gresham. He began performing in small school productions as a young boy. Soon enough, he landed a role in David Copperfield (1999) (TV), as the young David Copperfield. A couple of years later, he landed a role as Mark Pendel in The Tailor of Panama (2001), the son of Harry and Louisa Pendel (Geoffrey Rush and Jamie Lee Curtis). Lee Curtis had indeed pointed out to Daniel's mother that he could be Harry Potter himself. Soon afterwards, Daniel was cast as Harry Potter by director, Chris Columbus in the film that hit theatres in November 16, 2001, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001). He was recognized worldwide after this film was released. Pleasing audiences and critics everywhere, filming on its sequel, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002), commenced shortly afterwards. He appeared again as Harry in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) directed by Alfonso Cuarón, and then appeared in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) directed by Mike Newell. Shortly afterwards, he finished filming _December Boys (2006)_ in Adelaide, Australia, Kangaroo Island, and Geelong, Australia which began on the 14th of November, 2005 and ended sometime in December. On January 27th, 2006, he attended the South Bank Awards Show to present the award for "Breakthrough Artist of the Year" to Billie Piper. Dan reprised his famous character once again for the next installment of the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007). In February 2007 he took on his first stage role in the West End play Equus to worldwide praise from fans and critics alike. He has finished filming the TV movie My Boy Jack (2007) (TV), which will air on 11 November 2007 in the UK.

Now being one of the world's most recognizable people, Daniel leads a somewhat normal life. He has made friends working on the Harry Potter films, which include his co-stars Rupert Grint and Emma Watson.
IMDb Mini Biography By: The Icegirl

Trivia

Likes to play pranks. He took co-star Robbie Coltrane's cellular phone and changed it so all the messages were in Turkish.

Has two border terriers named Binka and Nugget.

Tried reading the first Harry Potter book when he was 8 years old, but was unable to finish it. Finally read the entire book when he was cast in the lead role of the film

Has never actually seen the film The Tailor of Panama (2001) in which he appeared.

His favorite book from the Harry Potter series so far is number three, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

In February 2002, he was nominated for, and won "Best Newcomer" at the Variety Club Award ceremonies.

Received the Sir James Carreras Award For Outstanding New Talent for his role in Harry Potter at The Variety Club Showbusiness Awards 2002.

Voted Person of the Year 2002 by Time Kids.

Has stated that 12 Angry Men (1957) is the first black & white film he ever saw and is also his favorite film.

He named Jane's Addiction, Libertines, The, Rage Against the Machine and The Darkness among his favourite bands.

David Heyman, the producer for the Harry Potter films happened to be at a play that both Dan and Dan's father, Alan Radcliffe, were at. After Heyman spotted Radcliffe, since both men knew each other, he was introduced to his son and when Heyman saw Daniel he thought he looked perfect for the part. In fact, that night at the play, Heyman couldn't help just staring at Dan because he though he was perfect to play Harry. Daniel auditioned for, and got the part that he is now most recognized for, Harry Potter.

He enjoys listening to the music of Blur, Muse, The Music, 'Zwan' and Brendan Benson.

A February 23, 2004 article in British newspaper 'The Sun' listed him as Britain's third richest teenager behind only Prince Harry Windsor and Charlotte Church. He is said to be worth 5 million pounds.

Has earned 6 million pounds so far portraying Harry Potter, making him the second richest teenage in Britain behind Prince Harry Windsor's 14 million pounds. [2004]

Can rotate his arm 360 degrees.

Is a big fan of Gary Oldman, his co-star in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004).

Is a supporter of Fulham Football Club although he doesn't enjoy playing football himself.

He is a fan of Red Hot Chili Peppers and attended their London concert in June 2004.

Some of his favorite music groups are Stratovarius (Finland), Huey Lewis and The News (USA), and Tom Robinson (England).

Favorite actors include Aishwarya Rai, Christina Ricci, Cameron Diaz, Scarlett Johansson and Ben Stiller.

He originally disliked the "Harry Potter" books when he first read them.

Especially like the music group the Sex Pistols. He also plays the bass guitar.

He is a fan of indie rock. Some of his favourite bands include: The Zutons, Razorlight, The Libertines, Bloc Party, Hope of the States, The Futureheads and Kaiser Chiefs.

Delays between filming the second and third Harry Potter movies were caused because his parents wanted him to be able to attend normal school for a while.

Says he doesn't read any articles or reviews about himself or his movies.

He supports Demelza House Children's Hospice, which is a charity that cares for terminally-ill children in the Kent, East Sussex and South London areas of Britain. Dan always asks his fans to donate to the charity every Christmas and on his birthday instead of sending him gifts. In the book, 'Harry Potter and the Half- Blood Prince', the author 'JK Rowling' named the character Demelza Robins after the charity.

He likes the music of The Strokes, The Clash and The Pixies.

[May/June 2006] He sat his AS Levels in English Literature, History, and Religion and Philosophy for his AS levels (First year college exams).

Named Britain's richest teenager with an astounding 23 million pound fortune, after he signed on a 8 million pound deal to make the fifth movie of the Harry Potter series.

Dan scared the make-up department crew when he came on set with bloodied sticking plasters on his face claiming that he had been fighting the previous day (just for a laugh).

His parents are Alan Radcliffe, a literary agent, and Marcia Gresham, a casting director.

Is also a big fan of The Killers.

Before working with Brendan Gleeson in the Harry Potter series, he worked with him in The Tailor of Panama (2001).

23 July 2007 - Appeared on BBC Radio's Test Match Special, from Lords, London, on the final day of the England v. India test match. It was his 18th birthday and he was a guest on "View from the Boundary" hosted by Jonathan Agnew, the BBC's cricket correspondent. He talked about his career to date and love of cricket.

Is very close to actor Gary Oldman.

His agent Sue Latimer is the mother (and agent) to his friend and fellow actor Freddie Highmore.

He is a huge fan of John Wayne.

Was ranked #6 on Forbes List of The 20 Top-Earning Young Superstars.(2007).

Named #23 on Empire Magazine's 100 Sexiest Movie Stars. (2007).

Was ranked #10 on Yahoo! List of 10 Most Popular Stars of 2007 on Yahoo! Movies. (2007).

Was ranked #79 on Forbes List of The Celebrity 100. (2007).

In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated his earnings for the year at $15 million.

Was ranked #29 on Entertainment Weekly's '30 Under 30' the actors list.(2008).

Was ranked #3 on TV Guide Top 10 Teen Star Countdown (2008).

Was ranked #8 on Moviefone's 'The 25 Hottest Actors Under 25'(2008).

Personal Quotes

After being cast as Harry Potter: "I think I'm a tiny bit like Harry 'cos I'd like to have an owl. Yeah, that's the tiny bit, actually."

I don't know. People tell me I look mournful. They say, "Cheer up, Dan, it's not that bad!" Sometimes I just look into space, which freaks people out. If I was ever required to do anything other than look haunted, I could. I'm a happy person. Though I don't, like, dot my "I's" with hearts or anything - that would be too happy.

I'm not much of a cake person.

But I don't think it's going to happen. I don't think I'll do all of them - I'll probably get too spotty or too tall or I'll shrink or something.

"Absolutely. 100 percent." [on believing in magic]

I was in the bath at the time, and my dad came running in and said, 'Guess who they want to play Harry Potter!?' and I started to cry. It was probably the best moment of my life.

I'm not clumsy, I'm just accident prone.

Upon seeing the movie: "I'm a bit nervous about whether people will like it, but I've seen it, and I'm sure they will. It's really good - it's quite scary, it's quite emotional. Even I cried and I don't cry easily! I cried at the end credits when my name came up, and I was, like, Oh my God! I can't believe that's my name! I've met so many people since we started filming and it's been wonderful. I've progressed so far and changed so much since the beginning. It's been like a real journey."

On considering himself as a heartthrob: "Personally I can't see it, but if other people can, fine. Cool!"

I would consider doing any part as long as the script is good and the film has an interesting director.

"I like them, but it's hard to concentrate when the bats fly about, and they pee while they fly." [about the bats on the set]

I've never been one of the cool people at school, but then again, I don't get the people who are cool. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that they don't interest me.

"Too many little numbers on one page!" - about math

Stage is much more intimidating than going before the cameras, because you can really screw up, and can't do a retake.

When I go back to school everyone asks a lot of questions. Then, after about a week, when I've answered everything, we get back to normal.

It's too far down the road to decide about a fifth movie. I'm still the same age Harry is, and I haven't actually grown that much.

Fans are really important for me. And if they take pains to write me, it's the minimum that I answer myself.

I think I'm highly normal. I'm attending school after acting, I'm going out with friends, going to the cinema - I'm just doing everything a normal teenager does. People think I can't leave the house without being in a crowd of fans - but that's not true. I'm able to do more things than people might think.

I'm thrilled of the acceptance I get abroad. The people are so hearty, warm and grateful and I feel privileged having seen so many countries and some of the greatest monuments.

When I get into trouble at school I'd like to take an invisibility cloak, drape it over me and sneak out the door. Or I'd like to have a 3-headed-dog because then no one would argue with me.

I played a trick on the make-up department where I put a fake blood capsule in my mouth, pretended to trip on the stairs and let the blood come out of my mouth. They really fell for it, then they chased after me with a water pistol.

Everyone on the set has a mobile phone, and I found by pushing a few buttons, they could be programmed into different languages. I fixed Robbie's (Coltrane) to speak in Turkish.

I don't understand girls, but I'm slowly learning.

[on saying that he'll do all of the Harry Potter movies] "Ultimately it comes down to whether we're still enjoying it. If we are then I think we would be sort of stupid not to do them. As long as I'm doing other stuff around the same time, I think it'll be fine. Also, I sort of try to read the books when they come out impartially and not make up my mind, but the fact is when I was reading the sixth, Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince, there were bits in there where I was going, 'God, I would love to do that because it's so good.'"

(on whether he is religious) "I'm not a religious person. My mom was of Jewish blood and my dad was Protestant... I'm very interested in religion as something to study, but I'm not a religious person in the slightest."

I didn't look at the nudity and go, oh great. But it's the same as doing a role with an accent or a particular affectation. You look at the character first. Lots of the actors that I've admired have at one stage or another taken their kit off. It's a rite of passage. That iconic scene is the physical and emotional climax of the play. So if I do that with pants on, it would be crap.

I feel OK about my body. Not totally, of course, no one my age does ... but I've gone to the gym to make sure. And many of the actors I admire, like Gary Oldman, have gone naked.

People will always remember Harry, but I think if I work hard enough other characters will stick in their minds as well.

[About the "Equus" paparazzi]: They were outside the theatre every single night, but we came up with a cunning ruse. I would wear the same outfit every time - a different T-shirt underneath, but I'd wear the same jacket and zip it up so they couldn't see what I was wearing underneath, and the same hat. So they could take pictures for six months, but it would look like the same day, so they (photos) became unpublishable. Which was hilarious, because there's nothing better than seeing paparazzi getting really frustrated.

What everybody would love to see is me having ditched school and then just going wild. That's what I'm determined not to give them.

It's not so much that they don't want me to grow up. It's that they're annoyed that I'm growing up adjusted. They'd much rather I was growing up and going wild and crashing cars.

I'm lucky enough to have a job that I love, and a relatively down-to-earth life.

(On being bullied in school) Some people did get very aggressive. People say it was just jealousy, but I don't think it is jealousy. I think it's just 'We can have a crack at the kid who plays Harry Potter.' As Eddie Izzard says, these people always hang about in fives, because people these have a fifth of a personality each.

Salary
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) $14,000,000
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) $11,000,000
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) $3,000,000
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001) £ 250,000

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Dumbledore, Albus

• I would assume that you were going to offer me refreshment, but the evidence so far suggests that that would be optimistic to the point of foolishness.
  • And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.
  • We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on.
  • I take my hat off to you— or I would, if I were not afraid of showering you in spiders.
  • (to Harry) Let us not deprive Molly any longer of the chance to deplore how thin you are.
  • Age is foolish and forgetful when it underestimates youth.
  • There is nothing to be feared from a body, Harry, any more than there is anything to be feared from the darkness.
  • (after drinking emerald potion) KILL ME!
  • (to Harry as he says "Don't worry.") I am not worried, Harry, I am with you.
[edit] Granger, Hermione

• Dumbledore says people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.
  • Oh, come on, Harry, it's not Quidditch that's popular, it's you! You've never been more interesting, and frankly, you've never been more fanciable.
  • You've said to us once before that there was a time to turn back if we wanted to. We've had time, haven't we?
[edit] The Half-Blood Prince

• Just shove a bezoar down their throats.
[edit] Lovegood, Luna

• The Aurors are part of the Rotfang Conspiracy, I thought everyone knew that. They're working from within to bring down the Ministry of Magic with a combination of dark magic and gum disease.
[edit] Malfoy, Draco

• Who blacked your eye, Granger? I want to send them flowers.
  • You'd better hurry up, they'll be waiting for 'the Chosen Captain' — 'The Boy Who Scored'— whatever they call you these days.
[edit] Potter, Harry

• He will only be gone from the school when none here are loyal to him. [about Albus Dumbledore]
  • [Harry thinks] how they had talked about fighting a losing battle, and that it was important to fight, and to fight again, and to keep fighting, to keep evil at bay, though never quite eradicated.
[edit] [Professor] Slughorn, Horace

• Snape! Snape! I taught him! I thought I knew him!
[edit] [Professor] Snape, Severus

• Avada Kedavra!
  • It is finished.
  • You dare use my own spells against me, Potter? It was I who invented them — I, the Half-Blood Prince!
  • Don't call me COWARD! Your father only took me on when it was four to one. What would you call him?
[edit] Warbeck, Celestina

• Oh, come and stir my cauldron,
    And if you do it right
    I'll boil you up some hot, strong love
    To keep you warm tonight.
[edit] Weasley, George

• Well, we find we appreciate you more and more, Mum, now we're washing our own socks.
[edit] Weasley, Ginny

• [To Ron] What about you and Lavender, thrashing about like a pair of eels all over the place?
  • [To Harry] Looking for Ron? He's over there, the filthy hypocrite.
  • [When Harry broke up with her] It's for some stupid, noble reason, isn't it?
  • I told her it's a Hungarian Horntail. Much more macho.
  • A Pygmy Puff, but I didn't say where.
[edit] Weasley, Ronald

• Excuse me, are you the imprint of a departed soul?
  • Hope you hammer McLag — I mean — Smith.
  • Believe me, being dead will have improved him a lot. (about Aragog)
  • Thanks-er, why do I need socks?
  • We're with you whatever happens.
[edit] Lord Voldemort

• Greatness inspires envy, envy engenders spite, spite spawns lies.
[edit] Other

• [Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes advertisement]
Why Are You Worrying about You-Know-Who?
You SHOULD Be Worrying About
U-NO-POO —
the Constipation Sensation That's Gripping the Nation!

[edit] Narrator

• But he understood at last what Dumbledore had been trying to tell him. It was, he thought, the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high. Some people, perhaps, would say that there was little to choose between the two ways, but Dumbledore knew — and so do I, thought Harry, with a rush of fierce pride, and so did my parents — that there was all the difference in the world.
  • Harry looked around; there was Ginny running towards him; she had a hard, blazing look in her face as she threw her arms around him. And without thinking, without planning it, without worrying about the fact that fifty people were watching, Harry kissed her.
  • And he knew, without knowing how he knew it, that the phoenix had gone, had left Hogwarts for good, just as Dumbledore had left the school, had left the world... had left Harry.
  • Harry was left to ponder in silence the depths to which girls would sink to get revenge.
Bold text==Dialogue==
Harry Potter: There are bodies in here!
Albus Dumbledore: Yes, but we do not need to worry about them at the moment.
Harry Potter: At the moment?
Albus Dumledore: Not while they are merely drifting peacefully below us. There is nothing to be feared from a body, Harry, any more than there is anything to fear from the darkness. Lord Voldemort, who of course secretly fears both, disagrees. But once again he reveals his own lack of wisdom. It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.
Severus Snape: Do you remember me telling you we were practicising non-verbal spells, Potter?
Harry Potter: Yes.
Snape: Yes, Sir.
Harry: There's no need to call me 'sir,' Professor.
Phineas Nigellus I can't see why the boy should be able to do it better than you, Dumbledore.
Albus Dumbledore I wouldn't expect you to, Phineas.
Severus Snape: ...and of course, as Potter so wisely tells us, are transparent.
Ron Weasley: Well, what Harry said is the most useful if we're trying to tell them apart! When we come face to face with one down a dark alley we're going to be having a shufti to see if it's solid, aren't we, we're not going to be asking, "Excuse me, are you the imprint of a departed soul?"
Prime Minister: But for heaven's sake — you're wizards! You can do magic! Surely you can sort out — well — anything!
Cornelius Fudge: The trouble is, the other side can do magic too, Prime Minister.
Mrs. Weasley: Promise me you'll look after yourself ... stay out of trouble...
Harry Potter: I always do, Mrs. Weasley, I like a quiet life, you know me.
Harry Potter: What did you have to imitate [Hermione] for?
Ron Weasley: She laughed at my moustache!
Harry Potter: So did I, it was the stupidest thing I've ever seen.
Ginny Weasley: I wouldn't go in the kitchen just now. There's a lot of Phlegm around.
Harry Potter: I'll be careful not to slip in it.
Ron Weasley: Well, you can't break an Unbreakable Vow.
Harry Potter: I figured that much out for myself, funnily enough.
Ron Weasley: Only time I've ever seen Dad as angry as Mum. Fred reckons his left buttock has never been the same since.
Harry Potter: Yeah, well, passing over Fred's left buttock—
Fred Weasley: I beg your pardon?
Harry Potter: He accused me of being Dumbledore's man through and through.
Albus Dumbledore: How very rude of him.
Harry Potter: I told him I was.
Albus Dumbledore: I am very touched, Harry.
Ginny Weasley: Three dementor attacks in a week, and all Romilda Vane does is ask me if it's true you've got a hippogriff tatooed across your chest.
Harry Potter: What did you tell her?
Ginny Weasley: I told her it's a Hungarian Horntail. Much more macho.
Harry Potter: Thanks, and what did you tell her Ron's got?
Ginny Weasley: A Pygmy Puff, but I didn't say where.
Narrator: Harry looked around; there was Ginny running towards him; she had a hard, blazing look in her face as she threw her arms around him. And without thinking, without planning it, without worrying about the fact that fifty people were watching, Harry kissed her. Harry looked around and saw Ron.
Ron[Shrugging his shoulders]:"Well, if you must..."
Professor Trelawney: Everything went pitch-black and the next thing knew I was being hurled headfirst out of the room!
Harry Potter: And you didn't see that coming? Professor Trelawney: No, as I say it was pitch- [Glares at Harry angrily]
Harry Potter: We're nearly there...I can Apparate us both back...don't worry...
Albus Dumbledore: I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.
Rufus Scrimgeour: I see you are—
Harry Potter: Dumbledore's man through and through. That's right.
Harry Potter: Ginny, listen... I can't be involved with you anymore. We've got to stop seeing each other. We can't be together.
Ginny Weasley: It's for some stupid, noble reason, isn't it?
Mrs Weasley[Talking about Bill after being bitten by Greyback] Of course, it doesn't matter how he looks...It's not r-really important... but he was a very handsome little b-boy... always very handsome... and he was g-going to be married!
Fleur Delacour: And what do you mean by zat? What do you mean, 'e was going to be married?
Mrs Weasley: Well - only that-
Fleur Delacour: You theenk Bill vill not wish to marry me anymore? You theenk, because of zees bites, he vill not love me?
Mrs Weasley: No, that's not what I -
Fleur Delacour: Because 'e vill! It would take more zan a werewolf to stop Bill loving me!
Remus Lupin: I am not being ridiculous. Tonks deserves somebody young and whole.
Mr Weasley: But she wants you. And after all, Remus, young and whole men do not necessarily remain so.
Nymphadora Tonks: (with a strained voice, to Lupin) You see? She'll marry him, even though he's been attacked! She doesn`t care!
Remus Lupin: Bill won't be a complete werewolf... don't compare... The cases are totally...
Nymphadora Tonks: But I don't care either, I don't care! And I've told you a million times!

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Dumbledore, Albus
  • I would assume that you were going to offer me refreshment, but the evidence so far suggests that that would be optimistic to the point of foolishness.
  • And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.
  • We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on.
  • I take my hat off to you— or I would, if I were not afraid of showering you in spiders.
  • (to Harry) Let us not deprive Molly any longer of the chance to deplore how thin you are.
  • Age is foolish and forgetful when it underestimates youth.
  • There is nothing to be feared from a body, Harry, any more than there is anything to be feared from the darkness.
  • (after drinking emerald potion) KILL ME!
  • (to Harry as he says "Don't worry.") I am not worried, Harry, I am with you.
[edit] Granger, Hermione
  • Dumbledore says people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.
  • Oh, come on, Harry, it's not Quidditch that's popular, it's you! You've never been more interesting, and frankly, you've never been more fanciable.
  • You've said to us once before that there was a time to turn back if we wanted to. We've had time, haven't we?
[edit] The Half-Blood Prince
  • Just shove a bezoar down their throats.
[edit] Lovegood, Luna
  • The Aurors are part of the Rotfang Conspiracy, I thought everyone knew that. They're working from within to bring down the Ministry of Magic with a combination of dark magic and gum disease.
[edit] Malfoy, Draco
  • Who blacked your eye, Granger? I want to send them flowers.
  • You'd better hurry up, they'll be waiting for 'the Chosen Captain' — 'The Boy Who Scored'— whatever they call you these days.
[edit] Potter, Harry
  • He will only be gone from the school when none here are loyal to him. [about Albus Dumbledore]
  • [Harry thinks] how they had talked about fighting a losing battle, and that it was important to fight, and to fight again, and to keep fighting, to keep evil at bay, though never quite eradicated.
[edit] [Professor] Slughorn, Horace
  • Snape! Snape! I taught him! I thought I knew him!
[edit] [Professor] Snape, Severus
  • Avada Kedavra!
  • It is finished.
  • You dare use my own spells against me, Potter? It was I who invented them — I, the Half-Blood Prince!
  • Don't call me COWARD! Your father only took me on when it was four to one. What would you call him?
[edit] Warbeck, Celestina
  • Oh, come and stir my cauldron,
    And if you do it right
    I'll boil you up some hot, strong love
    To keep you warm tonight.
[edit] Weasley, George
  • Well, we find we appreciate you more and more, Mum, now we're washing our own socks.
[edit] Weasley, Ginny
  • [To Ron] What about you and Lavender, thrashing about like a pair of eels all over the place?
  • [To Harry] Looking for Ron? He's over there, the filthy hypocrite.
  • [When Harry broke up with her] It's for some stupid, noble reason, isn't it?
  • I told her it's a Hungarian Horntail. Much more macho.
  • A Pygmy Puff, but I didn't say where.
[edit] Weasley, Ronald
  • Excuse me, are you the imprint of a departed soul?
  • Hope you hammer McLag — I mean — Smith.
  • Believe me, being dead will have improved him a lot. (about Aragog)
  • Thanks-er, why do I need socks?
  • We're with you whatever happens.
[edit] Lord Voldemort
  • Greatness inspires envy, envy engenders spite, spite spawns lies.
[edit] Other
  • [Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes advertisement]
Why Are You Worrying about You-Know-Who?
You SHOULD Be Worrying About
U-NO-POO —
the Constipation Sensation That's Gripping the Nation!

[edit] Narrator
  • But he understood at last what Dumbledore had been trying to tell him. It was, he thought, the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high. Some people, perhaps, would say that there was little to choose between the two ways, but Dumbledore knew — and so do I, thought Harry, with a rush of fierce pride, and so did my parents — that there was all the difference in the world.
  • Harry looked around; there was Ginny running towards him; she had a hard, blazing look in her face as she threw her arms around him. And without thinking, without planning it, without worrying about the fact that fifty people were watching, Harry kissed her.
  • And he knew, without knowing how he knew it, that the phoenix had gone, had left Hogwarts for good, just as Dumbledore had left the school, had left the world... had left Harry.
  • Harry was left to ponder in silence the depths to which girls would sink to get revenge.
Bold text==Dialogue==
Harry Potter: There are bodies in here!
Albus Dumbledore: Yes, but we do not need to worry about them at the moment.
Harry Potter: At the moment?
Albus Dumledore: Not while they are merely drifting peacefully below us. There is nothing to be feared from a body, Harry, any more than there is anything to fear from the darkness. Lord Voldemort, who of course secretly fears both, disagrees. But once again he reveals his own lack of wisdom. It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.

Severus Snape: Do you remember me telling you we were practicising non-verbal spells, Potter?
Harry Potter: Yes.
Snape: Yes, Sir.
Harry: There's no need to call me 'sir,' Professor.

Phineas Nigellus I can't see why the boy should be able to do it better than you, Dumbledore.
Albus Dumbledore I wouldn't expect you to, Phineas.

Severus Snape: ...and of course, as Potter so wisely tells us, are transparent.
Ron Weasley: Well, what Harry said is the most useful if we're trying to tell them apart! When we come face to face with one down a dark alley we're going to be having a shufti to see if it's solid, aren't we, we're not going to be asking, "Excuse me, are you the imprint of a departed soul?"

Prime Minister: But for heaven's sake — you're wizards! You can do magic! Surely you can sort out — well — anything!
Cornelius Fudge: The trouble is, the other side can do magic too, Prime Minister.

Mrs. Weasley: Promise me you'll look after yourself ... stay out of trouble...
Harry Potter: I always do, Mrs. Weasley, I like a quiet life, you know me.

Harry Potter: What did you have to imitate [Hermione] for?
Ron Weasley: She laughed at my moustache!
Harry Potter: So did I, it was the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Ginny Weasley: I wouldn't go in the kitchen just now. There's a lot of Phlegm around.
Harry Potter: I'll be careful not to slip in it.

Ron Weasley: Well, you can't break an Unbreakable Vow.
Harry Potter: I figured that much out for myself, funnily enough.

Ron Weasley: Only time I've ever seen Dad as angry as Mum. Fred reckons his left buttock has never been the same since.
Harry Potter: Yeah, well, passing over Fred's left buttock—
Fred Weasley: I beg your pardon?

Harry Potter: He accused me of being Dumbledore's man through and through.
Albus Dumbledore: How very rude of him.
Harry Potter: I told him I was.
Albus Dumbledore: I am very touched, Harry.

Ginny Weasley: Three dementor attacks in a week, and all Romilda Vane does is ask me if it's true you've got a hippogriff tatooed across your chest.
Harry Potter: What did you tell her?
Ginny Weasley: I told her it's a Hungarian Horntail. Much more macho.
Harry Potter: Thanks, and what did you tell her Ron's got?
Ginny Weasley: A Pygmy Puff, but I didn't say where.

Narrator: Harry looked around; there was Ginny running towards him; she had a hard, blazing look in her face as she threw her arms around him. And without thinking, without planning it, without worrying about the fact that fifty people were watching, Harry kissed her. Harry looked around and saw Ron.
Ron[Shrugging his shoulders]:"Well, if you must..."

Professor Trelawney: Everything went pitch-black and the next thing knew I was being hurled headfirst out of the room!
Harry Potter: And you didn't see that coming? Professor Trelawney: No, as I say it was pitch- [Glares at Harry angrily]

Harry Potter: We're nearly there...I can Apparate us both back...don't worry...
Albus Dumbledore: I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

Rufus Scrimgeour: I see you are—
Harry Potter: Dumbledore's man through and through. That's right.

Harry Potter: Ginny, listen... I can't be involved with you anymore. We've got to stop seeing each other. We can't be together.
Ginny Weasley: It's for some stupid, noble reason, isn't it?
Mrs Weasley[Talking about Bill after being bitten by Greyback] Of course, it doesn't matter how he looks...It's not r-really important... but he was a very handsome little b-boy... always very handsome... and he was g-going to be married!
Fleur Delacour: And what do you mean by zat? What do you mean, 'e was going to be married?
Mrs Weasley: Well - only that-
Fleur Delacour: You theenk Bill vill not wish to marry me anymore? You theenk, because of zees bites, he vill not love me?
Mrs Weasley: No, that's not what I -
Fleur Delacour: Because 'e vill! It would take more zan a werewolf to stop Bill loving me!
Remus Lupin: I am not being ridiculous. Tonks deserves somebody young and whole.
Mr Weasley: But she wants you. And after all, Remus, young and whole men do not necessarily remain so.

Nymphadora Tonks: (with a strained voice, to Lupin) You see? She'll marry him, even though he's been attacked! She doesn`t care!
Remus Lupin: Bill won't be a complete werewolf... don't compare... The cases are totally...
Nymphadora Tonks: But I don't care either, I don't care! And I've told you a million times!

Miffstaa

HSC
Triple777ER said:
Date of Birth
23 July 1989, Fulham, London, England, UK

Birth Name
Daniel Jacob Radcliffe

Height
5' 6" (1.68 m)

Salary
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) $14,000,000
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) $11,000,000
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) $3,000,000
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001) £ 250,000
:eek:

whats his shoe size?

Triple777ER

Vamos Rojas
HSC
We’ve been hearing explosions out of [Fred and George’s] room for ages, but we never thought they were actually making things,” said Ginny. “We thought they just liked the noise.”

“Enjoying it?” said Ron darkly. “I don’t reckon he’d come home if Dad didn’t make him. He’s obsessed. Just don’t get him on the subject of his boss. According to Mr. Crouch…as I was saying to Mr. Crouch… Mr. Crouch is of the opinion… Mr. Crouch was telling me… They’ll be announcing their engagement any day now.”

“Well, I certainly don’t,” said Percy sanctimoniously. “I shudder to think what the state of my in-tray would be if I was away from work for five days.” “Yeah, someone might slip dragon dung in it again, eh, Perce?” said Fred. “That was a sample of fertilizer from Norway!” said Percy, going very red in the face. “It was nothing personal!” “It was,” Fred whispered to Harry as they got up from the table. “We sent it.” "Just put them on, Archie, there's a good chap. You can't walk around like that, the Muggle at the gate's already getting suspicious-" "I bought this in a Muggle shop," said the old wizard stubbornly. "Muggles wear them." "Muggle women wear them, Archie, not the men, they wear these," said the Ministry wizard, and he brandished the pinstriped trousers. "I'm not putting them on," said old Archie in indignation. "I like a healthy breeze 'round my privates, thanks."

“Dad’s having fun with the matches,” said Fred. Mr. Weasley was having no success at all in lighting the fire, but it wasn’t for lack of trying. Splintered matches littered the ground around him, but he looked like he was having the time of his life. “Oops!” he said as he managed to light a match and promptly dropped it in surprise.

Ron pulled out his Omnioculars and started testing them, staring down on the other side of the stadium. “Wild!” he said, twiddling the replay knob on the side. “I can make that old bloke pick his nose again…and again…and again…”

“Look at the referee!” [Hermione] said, giggling. Harry looked down at the field. Hassan Mostafa had landed right in front of the dancing veela, and was acting very oddly indeed. He was flexing his muscles and smoothing his mustache excitedly. “Now, we can’t have that!” said Ludo Bagman, though he sounded highly amused. “Somebody slap the referee!”

[Ron] was holding up something that looked to Harry like a long, maroon velvet dress. It had a moldy looking lace frill at the collar and matching lace cuffs. There was a knock on the door, and Mrs. Weasley entered, carrying an armful of freshly laundered Hogwarts robes… “Mum, you’ve given me Ginny’s new dress,” said Ron, handing it out to her. “Of course I Haven’t,” said Mrs. Weasley. “That’s for you. Dress robes.” “What?” said Ron looking horror-struck. “Dress robed!” repeated Mrs. Weasley. “It says on your school list that you’re supposed to have dress robes this year…” “I’ll go starkers before I put that on,” said Ron stubbornly… “Fine,” snapped Mrs. Weasley. “Go naked. And, Harry, make sure you get a picture of him. Goodness knows I could do with a good laugh.”

“Well, I can certainly see why we’re trying to keep them alive,” said Malfoy sarcastically. “Who wouldn’t want pets that can burn, sting, and bite all at once?”

"Oh Professor look! I think I found an unaspected planet! Oooh, which one's that, Professor?" "It is Uranus, my dear," said Professor Trelawney peering down a the chart. "Can I have a look at Uranus too, Lavender?" said Ron.

“Don’t talk to me,” Ron said quietly to Harry ad Hermione as they sat down at the Gryffindor table a few minutes later, surrounded on all sides by excited talk on all sides about what had just happened. “Why not?” said Hermione in surprise. "Because, I want to fix that in my memory forever," said Ron, his closed and an uplifted expression on his face. "Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret..."

“You seem to be drowning twice,” said Hermione. “Oh, am I?” said Ron peering down at his predictions. “I'd better change one of them to getting trampled by a rampaging Hippogriff.”

“You only like him because he’s handsome,” said Ron scathingly. “Excuse me, I don't like people just because they're handsome!” said Hermione indignantly. Ron gave a loud false cough, which sounded oddly like “Lockhart!” Ron’s eyebrows rose so high they were in danger of disappearing into his hair.

"Harry, I've been thinking - you know what we've got to do, don't you? Straight away, the moment we get back to the castle?" "Yeah, give Ron a good kick up the-" "Write to Sirius."

“Enchantingly nasty,” said Dumbledore, his eyes twinkling. I particularly enjoyed your description of me as an obsolete dingbat.” Rita Skeeter didn’t look remotely abashed. “I was just making the point that some of your ideas are a little old-fashioned, Dumbledore, and that many wizards in the street—” “I will be delighted to hear the reasoning behind the rudeness, Rita,” said Dumbledore, with a courteous bow and a smile, “but I’m afraid we will have to discuss the matter later. The Weighing of the Wands is about to start, and it cannot take place if one of our champions is hidden in a broom cupboard.”

[Harry] managed to make a fly zoom straight into his hand, though he wasn’t entirely sure this was because of his prowess at Summoning Charms—perhaps the fly was just stupid.

“What was that?” said Seamus Finnigan, staring at the egg as Harry slammed it shut again. “Sounded like a banshee… Maybe you’ve got to get past one next, Harry!” “It was someone being tortured!” said Neville, who had gone very white and spilled sausage rolls all over the floor. “You’re going to have to fight the Cruciatus Curse!” "Don't be prat, Neville, that's illegal," said George. "They wouldn't use the Cruciatus Curse on the champions. I thought it sounded a bit like Percy singing... maybe you've got to attack him while he's in the shower, Harry."

“As I sat here, absorbed in my needlework, the urge to consult the orb overpowered me. I arose, I settled myself before it, and I gazed into its crystalline depths… and what do you think I saw gazing back at me?” “An ugly old bat in outsize specs?” Ron muttered under his breath.

“Wangoballwime?” “Sorry?” said Cho. “D’you—d’you want to go to the ball with me?” said Harry. Why did he have to go red now? Why?

But Ron was staring at Hermione as though suddenly seeing her in a whole new light. "Hermione, Neville's right --- you are a girl...." "Oh well spotted," she said acidly.

Harry and Ron both whipped around, but Hermione said loudly, waving over Malfoy’s shoulder, “Hello, Professor Moody!” Malfoy went pale and jumped backward, looking wildly around for Moody, but he was still up at the staff table, finishing his stew. “Twitchy little ferret, aren’t you, Malfoy?” said Hermione scathingly, and she, Harry and Ron went up the marble staircase laughing heartily.

"I told you!" Ron hissed at Hermione as she stared down the article. "I told you not to annoy Rita Skeeter! She's made you out to be some sort of - scarlet woman!" Hermione stopped looking astonished and snorted with laughter. "Scarlet woman?" she repeated, shaking with surprised giggles as she looked around at Ron.

“Poor old Snuffles,” said Ron, breathing deeply. “He must really like you, Harry…Imagine having to live off rats.”

“Yes,” said Harry. “Professor—I was in Divination just now, and—er—I fell asleep.” He hesitated here, wondering if a reprimand was coming, but Dumbledore merely said, “Quite understandable. Continue.”

u-borat

Banned
HSC
Triple777ER said:
here are all mine;

Curious about all the spells that Harry Potter and his friends learn over the years? Here's a list of the spells and what they do.

Accio
To summon/send for

Alohomora
completel bullshit

Avada Kedevra
moar bullshit

Colloportus
collo-to wash/rinse
portus-carry or demand

Crucio
to torture

Diffindo
to split or put off

Expecto Patronum
expecto- to hope/expect
patronum- a protector or advocate

Expelliarmus
expello-to expel/banish

Finite
to end/finish

Flagrate
to burn or blaze

Flipendo
pendere- to hang

Impedimenta
impedimentum-a hindrance or impediment

Imperio
impero/imperare- to command or rule over

Impervius

meaning 'impassable '

Incarcerous

carceris- a prison, jail

Incendio
incendere-to set fire

Legilimens
bullshit

Levicorus
levare- to lift
corus-?

Locomotor
locare- to place or station

Lumos
lumen-light or daylight

Morsmordre
mors-death
mordere- to hurt or distress

Muffiato
bullshit

Nox
night or darkness

Obliviate
oblivio- oblivion or forgetfulness

Petrificus Totalis

totus- entire
petrificus-?
:)

Portus
portare- to carry or bear

Protego
protegere- to protect or defend

Reducto
reductus-set back

Reparo
to recover or restore

Riddikulus
ridiculum- joke, humour

Scourgify
bullshit.

Silencio
silientium- stillness, silence

Stupefy
stupefacere- to tun with amazement, stupefy

Tarantallegra
bullshit

Wingardium Leviosa
levare- to lift

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Triple777ER said:
We’ve been hearing explosions out of [Fred and George’s] room for ages, but we never thought they were actually making things,” said Ginny. “We thought they just liked the noise.”

“Enjoying it?” said Ron darkly. “I don’t reckon he’d come home if Dad didn’t make him. He’s obsessed. Just don’t get him on the subject of his boss. According to Mr. Crouch…as I was saying to Mr. Crouch… Mr. Crouch is of the opinion… Mr. Crouch was telling me… They’ll be announcing their engagement any day now.”

“Well, I certainly don’t,” said Percy sanctimoniously. “I shudder to think what the state of my in-tray would be if I was away from work for five days.” “Yeah, someone might slip dragon dung in it again, eh, Perce?” said Fred. “That was a sample of fertilizer from Norway!” said Percy, going very red in the face. “It was nothing personal!” “It was,” Fred whispered to Harry as they got up from the table. “We sent it.” "Just put them on, Archie, there's a good chap. You can't walk around like that, the Muggle at the gate's already getting suspicious-" "I bought this in a Muggle shop," said the old wizard stubbornly. "Muggles wear them." "Muggle women wear them, Archie, not the men, they wear these," said the Ministry wizard, and he brandished the pinstriped trousers. "I'm not putting them on," said old Archie in indignation. "I like a healthy breeze 'round my privates, thanks."

“Dad’s having fun with the matches,” said Fred. Mr. Weasley was having no success at all in lighting the fire, but it wasn’t for lack of trying. Splintered matches littered the ground around him, but he looked like he was having the time of his life. “Oops!” he said as he managed to light a match and promptly dropped it in surprise.

Ron pulled out his Omnioculars and started testing them, staring down on the other side of the stadium. “Wild!” he said, twiddling the replay knob on the side. “I can make that old bloke pick his nose again…and again…and again…”

“Look at the referee!” [Hermione] said, giggling. Harry looked down at the field. Hassan Mostafa had landed right in front of the dancing veela, and was acting very oddly indeed. He was flexing his muscles and smoothing his mustache excitedly. “Now, we can’t have that!” said Ludo Bagman, though he sounded highly amused. “Somebody slap the referee!”

[Ron] was holding up something that looked to Harry like a long, maroon velvet dress. It had a moldy looking lace frill at the collar and matching lace cuffs. There was a knock on the door, and Mrs. Weasley entered, carrying an armful of freshly laundered Hogwarts robes… “Mum, you’ve given me Ginny’s new dress,” said Ron, handing it out to her. “Of course I Haven’t,” said Mrs. Weasley. “That’s for you. Dress robes.” “What?” said Ron looking horror-struck. “Dress robed!” repeated Mrs. Weasley. “It says on your school list that you’re supposed to have dress robes this year…” “I’ll go starkers before I put that on,” said Ron stubbornly… “Fine,” snapped Mrs. Weasley. “Go naked. And, Harry, make sure you get a picture of him. Goodness knows I could do with a good laugh.”

“Well, I can certainly see why we’re trying to keep them alive,” said Malfoy sarcastically. “Who wouldn’t want pets that can burn, sting, and bite all at once?”

"Oh Professor look! I think I found an unaspected planet! Oooh, which one's that, Professor?" "It is Uranus, my dear," said Professor Trelawney peering down a the chart. "Can I have a look at Uranus too, Lavender?" said Ron.

“Don’t talk to me,” Ron said quietly to Harry ad Hermione as they sat down at the Gryffindor table a few minutes later, surrounded on all sides by excited talk on all sides about what had just happened. “Why not?” said Hermione in surprise. "Because, I want to fix that in my memory forever," said Ron, his closed and an uplifted expression on his face. "Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret..."

“You seem to be drowning twice,” said Hermione. “Oh, am I?” said Ron peering down at his predictions. “I'd better change one of them to getting trampled by a rampaging Hippogriff.”

“You only like him because he’s handsome,” said Ron scathingly. “Excuse me, I don't like people just because they're handsome!” said Hermione indignantly. Ron gave a loud false cough, which sounded oddly like “Lockhart!” Ron’s eyebrows rose so high they were in danger of disappearing into his hair.

"Harry, I've been thinking - you know what we've got to do, don't you? Straight away, the moment we get back to the castle?" "Yeah, give Ron a good kick up the-" "Write to Sirius."

“Enchantingly nasty,” said Dumbledore, his eyes twinkling. I particularly enjoyed your description of me as an obsolete dingbat.” Rita Skeeter didn’t look remotely abashed. “I was just making the point that some of your ideas are a little old-fashioned, Dumbledore, and that many wizards in the street—” “I will be delighted to hear the reasoning behind the rudeness, Rita,” said Dumbledore, with a courteous bow and a smile, “but I’m afraid we will have to discuss the matter later. The Weighing of the Wands is about to start, and it cannot take place if one of our champions is hidden in a broom cupboard.”

[Harry] managed to make a fly zoom straight into his hand, though he wasn’t entirely sure this was because of his prowess at Summoning Charms—perhaps the fly was just stupid.

“What was that?” said Seamus Finnigan, staring at the egg as Harry slammed it shut again. “Sounded like a banshee… Maybe you’ve got to get past one next, Harry!” “It was someone being tortured!” said Neville, who had gone very white and spilled sausage rolls all over the floor. “You’re going to have to fight the Cruciatus Curse!” "Don't be prat, Neville, that's illegal," said George. "They wouldn't use the Cruciatus Curse on the champions. I thought it sounded a bit like Percy singing... maybe you've got to attack him while he's in the shower, Harry."

“As I sat here, absorbed in my needlework, the urge to consult the orb overpowered me. I arose, I settled myself before it, and I gazed into its crystalline depths… and what do you think I saw gazing back at me?” “An ugly old bat in outsize specs?” Ron muttered under his breath.

“Wangoballwime?” “Sorry?” said Cho. “D’you—d’you want to go to the ball with me?” said Harry. Why did he have to go red now? Why?

But Ron was staring at Hermione as though suddenly seeing her in a whole new light. "Hermione, Neville's right --- you are a girl...." "Oh well spotted," she said acidly.

Harry and Ron both whipped around, but Hermione said loudly, waving over Malfoy’s shoulder, “Hello, Professor Moody!” Malfoy went pale and jumped backward, looking wildly around for Moody, but he was still up at the staff table, finishing his stew. “Twitchy little ferret, aren’t you, Malfoy?” said Hermione scathingly, and she, Harry and Ron went up the marble staircase laughing heartily.

"I told you!" Ron hissed at Hermione as she stared down the article. "I told you not to annoy Rita Skeeter! She's made you out to be some sort of - scarlet woman!" Hermione stopped looking astonished and snorted with laughter. "Scarlet woman?" she repeated, shaking with surprised giggles as she looked around at Ron.

“Poor old Snuffles,” said Ron, breathing deeply. “He must really like you, Harry…Imagine having to live off rats.”

“Yes,” said Harry. “Professor—I was in Divination just now, and—er—I fell asleep.” He hesitated here, wondering if a reprimand was coming, but Dumbledore merely said, “Quite understandable. Continue.”
k.

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
E-Dog said:
Hey all,

One of my biggest regrets subject wise is not doing Latin. Which is funny, because my main motto is "Haud Desiderium" which means "No Regrets". But anyways, if you do have a Latin motto, or even if you don't, post it and it's english tranlation here.
ok heres mine " " in english " " , yeh its a very good one i believe

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
Summa Tentabo - I Shall Strive For The Best.

With the Bulldogs next year; that is, the Yale Bul
HSC
PrettyOddProlix said:
Truth? So what? More than Harvard uses it.

ad astra, ad altiora, ad infinitum, ad perfectionem, ad maiorem gloriam, ad libitum, ad referendum, ad victoriam, ad vitam aeternam, etc.
To the stars, to higher things, to infinity, to perfection, to major glory (usually, it's Diem, of God), to pleasure, to that which must be returned/renewed, to victory, to eternal life, etc.

cogito.ergo.sum

HSC
- nullius in verba (on the words of noone - i.e. the views of others do not define me, therefore rely on words of noone)
- cogito ergo sum (lol - i think therefore i am - self explanatory - knowledge and thought define existence) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)