Latham's illness (1 Viewer)

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
miaomiao for someone who claims to be politically educated your narrow minded bias and sweeping generalisations do nothing for your cause....

0Jade0

HSC
African Americans if they know what's good for them, they would be democrat.
miaomaio: You are saying that the blacks ar the underclass... Have you ever been to America? or are you basing your views on what you see on TV. Another thing Education is free even if they leave after Grade 10 they are taught about voting at a young age like us in Aust
You say : who may not have had the benefit of a private school education and may feel apathetic and not care to vote.

So only those that attended private schools want to vote?

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Deus said:
True, but we know who he is.
yeah so all it would be is a political stunt then if it was for us. we arent victims of the tsunami. its the victims that deserve the condolences. well i guess there are aussie victims but you know what i mean though

danie

a fool
HSC
latham is too weak to be pm. if he crashes and burn after the media whiplash of his failure to make a public statement in terms of the tsunami, i don't believe he would even come close to how well howard has handled his critics. i'm not a big howard fan but he won his term based on his leadership contrary to any criticism.

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
Why should Latham have made a statement? Its not like the leader of the National party made one!

Besides which, someone said it earlier, there really isnt a point to it because if he disagreed he'd b evil, if he agreed then hed be doin himself and his party no favour either.

Also, totally agree with Norman Bilton (opinion letter, Newcastle Herald)
"John Howard said the government had made a donation of millions of dollars to the tsunami disaster funds. He should have added that it is a donation from the surplus of $5 billion recieved from the taxpayers of Australia last year. It would be a fine gesture if the Prime Minister and his 27 ministers each donated money from their salaries and perks"

- I mean, people have been giving up their whole days + pay and what have ourt politicians donated?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Actually you will find that John Anderson did make a statement....

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
who cares what the politicians donated? its their own damn choice. what did you donate? you dont have to tell me and they dont have to tell you either.

latham SHOULD have made a statement because hes a leader of a major political party that have lots of seats in parliament and therefore still has some power in australian politics. one nation and family first are minor parties, and if they made a statement i doubt anybody would have cared.

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
I believe we already have compulsuary voting.
I'm aware of that! I was disputing the suggestion that voting be made non- compulsory.

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
azzie said:
miaomiao for someone who claims to be politically educated your narrow minded bias and sweeping generalisations do nothing for your cause....
When did i ever claim to be politically educated? I'm just voicing my opinions in an open forum. If you think its narrow minded or biased theres nothing I can or want to do to change your mind because your opinion means little to me. Its just sad that the future of our nation is going down the drain because were stuck in some 1950s time warp where a leader is consider ineligible because hes 'too young'

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
the opposition in england happen to be a bunch of bastard tories and probably not expected to feel real human emotions.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I honestly think that is missing the point. The fact is that people here in Australia are upset about not only his handling of the Tsunami crisis but also the fact that he wasnt planning on telling people about his medical condition. Now Latham and his advisors had failed to forsee this. And it has had the biggest impact on this future as leader.

Regardless, Latham is basically now unelectable. Change has to occur, i would throw my support behind Beazley as he is know. The two last experiments at generational change have failed miserablly....its time to go to that which is a know quantity. (Btw i would never vote Labor regardless)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Deus said:
I honestly think that is missing the point. The fact is that people here in Australia are upset about not only his handling of the Tsunami crisis but also the fact that he wasnt planning on telling people about his medical condition. Now Latham and his advisors had failed to forsee this. And it has had the biggest impact on this future as leader.
Nobody could have forseen the tsunami, and had it not occurred then his silence would have ignored and we would all be respecting his privacy (but we aren't considering what ifs, even though that seems to have been the plan). He should have been in contact with his shadow cabinet, despite his doctor'sorders, so that the party could have responded at an earlier date (noting that Latham was ill, too), but without knowing why he remained silent and how sick he truly is, I cannot see any point in criticsing his actions for now.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
miaomiao said:
When did i ever claim to be politically educated? I'm just voicing my opinions in an open forum. If you think its narrow minded or biased theres nothing I can or want to do to change your mind because your opinion means little to me. Its just sad that the future of our nation is going down the drain because were stuck in some 1950s time warp where a leader is consider ineligible because hes 'too young'
1. you claim to be educated by 'knowing what the people want'
2. you have biased assumptions
3. you generalise to the max
4. im not saying hes too young, i was saying his image is one of irresponsibility and somoene older might be able to whip the party into change
5. i dont even vote
6. who said the whole nation thought he was 'too young'

welcome captain generalisations and captain twisting my words

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Ive been thinking of possible deputies. (assuming of course a challenge is made for this position also)

Maybe a Beazley/Rudd or a Beazley/ Gillard team?

Rudd as i have said before is too young and relitavely unknown for the leadership.

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
azzie said:
1. you claim to be educated by 'knowing what the people want'
2. you have biased assumptions
3. you generalise to the max
4. im not saying hes too young, i was saying his image is one of irresponsibility and somoene older might be able to whip the party into change
5. i dont even vote
6. who said the whole nation thought he was 'too young'

welcome captain generalisations and captain twisting my words
1. I beleive it was you and not I who claimed to be 'a realist' and to 'know what the people want'.
2. I don't 'have' biased assumptions I make informed observations.
3. I generalise to make things easier for you to understand.
4. You were saying Latham was too young and that we needed a leader of '45+'.
5. i dont care what you do or dont do.
6. You said the nation thought he was 'too young'

Why do i even bother?

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
clearly neither of us are getting anywhere.
agree to disagree.

ps darling, you dont need to generalise to make things easier for me to understand, if anything its the other way around, clearly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)