Later round offers of UNSW commerce (1 Viewer)

imnotbatman

HSC
What are the chances that I will still have of getting in the 2nd round offers with an ATAR of 96.05 (I have 5 bonus points if needed)? How many positions are there in the course? My main concern is that the number of places is limited. Also, the same question for combined commerce courses (except law cause I'm too dumb).

Thanks for replies.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
If your ATAR is 96.05 and you have another 5 bonus points, you should get it in round 1. I believe they offer around 1500 spots for Commerce. Possibly less. I know that there are 1500 first years doing Accounting so I would estimate around 1200 get into Commerce? The remaining 300 or so would be Economics of Commerce/Law.

Most spots are offered in round 1 so I doubt there be many spots left for round 2. All Commerce courses (including combined degrees except law) are offerred under the Commerce program. Once you accept you offer you decide whether to take a single degree or double degree.

imnotbatman

HSC
Thanks for the info. Well the thing is, I didn't put it as my first preference for my round 1. What percentage would you say round 2 would be a success?

Happy new year!

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for the info. Well the thing is, I didn't put it as my first preference for my round 1. What percentage would you say round 2 would be a success?

Happy new year!
It doesn't have to be your first preference. If it's your second preference you can still get offered it assuming you don't get your first preference.

It's hard to tell probably 50%?

Happy New Year to you too

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
lol isn't it still not too late to change your preferences? so if you want to get into commerce, why don't you just make it number one?

but to answer your question, it depends on how many people end up accepting their offer during main round, I suppose. if you google, you can actually find out the cutoffs for the late round (2nd round) offers

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
For popular courses, cut-offs rise in later rounds due to lower numbers of spots available.

Spoken12

HSC
ATAR of 97.95 should be sufficient for a first round offer, right?

If not, I can get 2 bonus points for Band 6 English which takes me to 99.95... must be fine?

inJust

HSC
ATAR of 97.95 should be sufficient for a first round offer, right?

If not, I can get 2 bonus points for Band 6 English which takes me to 99.95... must be fine?
You should be fine to get into commerce.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)