Late Registration By Kanye West. (1 Viewer)

HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
we aint got it broke broke broke flat broke we aint got it :) college dropouts skits were funnier though, i love 'ill fly away' nearly as much as the songs lol just coz thats my fav 'gospel' song
lol dude...

its broke phi broke, i think.
As he is poking fun at the societies within the college and they often use greek alphabet character.

i disagree i find the late rego skits funnier,
The one where kanye is being kicked out and he's trying to explain himself...gold.

HSC
yeh thought 'flat' sounded a bit wrong but ah well

supra, red, sash and 7th have any of uz dl'd the new DJ cannon mixtape, its got new PSC and T.I songs on it im dling it now :D:D:D:D:D when this finishes though i think my cable will cap but not many days to go till the end of the month anyway :D

i posted it on BX

http://slumz.boxden.com/showthread.php?t=420012

Last edited:
HSC
My Review:
01 - Wake Up Mr. West
02 - Heard 'Em Say (featuring Adam Levin) = 4/5
03 - Touch The Sky (featuring Lupe Fiasco) = 5/5
04 - Gold Digger (featuring Jamie Foxx) = 4/5
05 - Skit #1
06 - Drive Slow (featuring Paul Wall & GLC) = 5/5
07 - My Way Home (feauring Common) = 3/5
08 - Crack Music (featuring The Game) = 3/5
09 - Roses = 5/5
10 - Bring Me Down (featuring Brandy) = 6/5
11 - Addiction = 3/5
12 - Skit #2
13 - Diamonds From Sierra Leone [Remix](featuring Jay-Z) = 4/5
14 - We Major (featuring Nas & Really Doe) = 3/5
15 - Skit #3
16 - Hey Mama = 4/5
17 - Celebration = 4/5
18 - Skit #4
19 - Gone (featuring Consequence & Cam'ron) = 3/5
20 - Diamonds From Sierra Leone (Bonus Track) = 4/5
21 - Late (Hidden Track) = 3/5

iwannarock

HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
oh they didnt take their time they have been doing it got AGESSSSSSSS u probably just haven't heard it because not too much of it happened in mainstream rap. Check out:

the pharcyde

u will LOVE them

man i just downloaded a couple of pharcyde songs. man they're awesome.

how old is this stuff? cuz the style of rhyming and the samples sounds old school (which is a style that i really love).

im not a fan of what rap producers do now. (mainstream top 40 rap stuff) i really hate those beats.

this pharcyde stuff however.........i love it.

im listening to runnin' now. brilliant :cool:

HSC
pharcyde a fairly old group, they broken up now though some members still make songs.

their two albums (when they were all togheter) are 'biazarre ride II the pahrcyde' and 'labcabiniforncation' they are both personal classics and are full of songs like runnin that ull love

check out 'passin me by' or 'soul flower (remix)' ull love em

the producer of most of their beats, a guy named 'jaydee' works alot with a group named 'slum village' they are also dope check em out, 'tainted' 'tell me' feat D'Angelo, 'selfish' feat kanye west

u'd be suprised to know that the pharcyde are from the west, and came out of the west at a time when gangsta rap was predominant, shows how different their sound was back then, but jazzy hip hop dates way back...A tribe called quest is also a good group that had a jazz feelin to em, sometimes.....also gangstarr delved into it too ud like em...guru (the rapper from gangstarr) put out to albums called 'jazzamattaz 1' and 'jazzamattaz II' its implied what they are like :p well his hosting it and has a bunch of artists doing their thing over jazz beats. ud love it.

and ud LOVE the roots probably

check out

the roots - the notic
the roots - what they do
the roots - mellow my man

ah they are such talented musicians and they kill it live, speically capt'n kirks guitar solo

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
hey hip hop do u liek "lords of the underground" i had one song of theirs and recently i downloaded the album " Resurrection" and i have to say they impressed me .

iwannarock

HSC
i'll have to get some of those albums. damn im short on money lol.

i know a tribe called quest i like them a lot too. and de la soul etc.

i'll check out those other songs soon. and do you know whats happening with blackalicious/ gift of gab these days? you seem to be the hip hop guru so you might know.

HSC
iwannarock said:
i'll have to get some of those albums. damn im short on money lol.

i know a tribe called quest i like them a lot too. and de la soul etc.

i'll check out those other songs soon. and do you know whats happening with blackalicious/ gift of gab these days? you seem to be the hip hop guru so you might know.

they releasin a new album called 'the craft' end of september, george clinton will be on it :p:p

holy shit sasha my cred on BX went from 432 to 1800 just coz i posted that new T.I song :D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
hiphophorray123 said:
they releasin a new album called 'the craft' end of september, george clinton will be on it :p:p

holy shit sasha my cred on BX went from 432 to 1800 just coz i posted that new T.I song :D:D:D:D:D
haha yeh thats what happens .

my creds did teh same, from one guy. He wanted to be a mod so he is propping everyone and saying vote for me.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i want to upload sometihng good that will give me lots of props , but dont know what , i uploaded soem tihngs, but only a few people were interested

HSC
when u come across a thread that has like a brand new song, and then the link dies and u see everyone asking for a re-up immediately up the song, hoepfully before the guy re-ups, but in another thread, ull get props

HSC
the japan bonus tracks leaked:

back to the basics feat common (the corner part II)
we can make it better feat talib kweli, Q-Tip, common & Rhymefest
Diamonds from sierra leone (original version)

back to the basics is hot but common just basically recycled his verse from 'the corner' but its still hot the beat is excellent. - 7/10

we can make it better is fkn fantastic it should of been an original track on the album all emcees have nice rhymes and the beat is hot the sample is nice kanye singing on the hook is nice its an excellent song - 10/10

diamonds from sierra leone (OG) i am yet to notice a difference aside from i think an extra drum in the beat and i think the verses are arranged differently but thats bout it not much difference - same rating as the other version

OneManArmy

HSC
Soma said:
This song We Major is a straightup Doom bite, cmon I have every single Metal Fingers beat and this is an exact ripoff, in fact it uses the exact same break as The Mic off Operation Doomsday.

Kanye is a fucking joke.

Oh and mods before you get all uppity for me posting a link, this one is taken from a radio show, don't think it should be a problem.
not sure if you actually knew...but MF Doom sampled that beat from Atlantic Starr - "All in the Name of Love", as did Kanye most likely...
i wouldn't call that biting...i would call it sampling...

my bad if you already knew...i don't really like Kanye neither...

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
my brother just got the cd.. doesnt say anything about hidden track late... is it after diamonds?

HSC
Orange Juice said:
my brother just got the cd.. doesnt say anything about hidden track late... is it after diamonds?

late is after the original diamonds, it is a seperate track.

just got the album as in a real copy or downloaded it??

if dl, then he dl'd the wrong one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)