LATE FINISHES AT UNI- goingbacktosyd (1 Viewer)

Meatismurder

HSC
Hey guys

I will b finishing late at uni--at 7:30 for two of my law classes..

i am scared as i need to travel back to syd on the train..Has anybody been at north gong station at that time? is it well lit?

do many otha ppl finish at dat time

cheers

thanx
chris :)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I'll be finishing around 7:30 or 8:30 probably 3 times a week depending on what tutorial preferences I get. I made it that way intentionally because I'd rather have the day off and go to uni in the afternoon/evening.

Meatismurder

HSC
that is exactly right..

i dont wanna b there 5 days a week..so i have compressed it

im not worried bout d actual uni- its my 2nd yr. it is well lit

i am just worried for the train and train station--u know weirdos

lolol

:)

HSC
I've only been arounds the stations late a little, but I've never had any trouble at all. That said, I'm sure other people have had bad things happen, so I guess it's just depends on how it pans out.

From memory the station is relatively well lit, but I was somewhat drunk last time I was there and it was quite some time ago, so I may be mistaken.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I'm sure the station has a lot of light around the middle of the platform because thats where the ticket office is and I'm sure there isn't much down the ends because there is nothing there.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
If you're travelling north then you'll be fine. I've never had problems when I travelled north at night (though I did that rarely). Travelling south, however, I've had a few problems. There seem to be much more going north at that time than there is people going south.

*Erika*

HSC
nth gong train station is fine...

you won't have problems catching a train to sydney from there at night, much later than 8/9 o'clockish...

i catch trains aroud wollongong at night and to and from sydney and the only problem i've ever had is city rail's shitty service...

tis all good, you'll be right...

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Ok i dont go to UOW, but just carry pepper spray =]

Ninga

HSC
You'll be fine you're a big girl. Just sit near the guards carriage. Usually if you catch a late train its all drunk people going home from a night on the piss. I know i've caught the train home once or twice, i live north of the gong. At like $2 for a train ticket, it makes for cheap transport home! Then i just jog home from the station...

*Erika*

HSC
hahah, pepper spray...i've lived in wollongong forever...its a little rough around the edges but its not quite THAT bad.... :p

*Erika*

HSC
just another thing...

since when is 7:30pm a 'late' time...

talk about overprotected!

*Erika*

HSC
ogmzergrush said:
I think they meant a late time in comparison to the other times you can finish at Uni:)

yeah, i get that, but she's asking about safety and other things, implying that she thinks things could get dangerous around 7:30-8pm..ish

i dunoo, i guess i just don't register concerns for my safety till after 10pmish ...but thats just me :)

HSC
*Erika* said:
yeah, i get that, but she's asking about safety and other things, implying that she thinks things could get dangerous around 7:30-8pm..ish

i dunoo, i guess i just don't register concerns for my safety till after 10pmish ...but thats just me :)
lol, true I guess, but it depends on how long you travel for and stuff too:) I'm not normally too worried about anything bad happening to me, but it's about an hour on the bus for me after uni, then a bit of a walk with pretty limited lighting, so I guess it'd be a bit of a concern for some :)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
lol, true I guess, but it depends on how long you travel for and stuff too:) I'm not normally too worried about anything bad happening to me, but it's about an hour on the bus for me after uni, then a bit of a walk with pretty limited lighting, so I guess it'd be a bit of a concern for some :)
There's also walking around in that neighbourhood. :)

HSC
poloktim said:
There's also walking around in that neighbourhood. :)
lol, apart from the drunk guy swearing at me about how he didn't like the bus stop being where it is, I've never been hassled there either :) A lot of the street urchin children say hi now and seem pretty friendly, so that's ok:)

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
LOL This tread is total suckage ~~ :) dont worry nuthing has happened to me and last semester i finished 8:30 ~~ that the 9:40 train home ~~ arrives at Sutherland at around 10:40 ~~ then I gotta catch another train lol ~~ I sometimes also stay for the uni movies ~~ great deal~~ means i catch the 11:40 train home (latest one i think ) nuthing has happened to me yet ~~

for the 11:40 train ~~ becareful there are weird and suspicous looking people always staring around ~~ stay close to the guard station if ur scared (blue light bit of the train) ur be fine ~~ puff i dont carry anything expensive so its all good ~~

The only things that have happened to me are people asking for lighter and people selling stolen packaged stuff for like 40% of the orinigal price ~~ i didnt have enough money otherwise I'd bought that Mack3 Shaver for $10 Damn

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Yeah, it doesn't really matter what time you catch it - the train's always sketchy. I got held up at knifepoint at around 5.10pm last year, it sucked.

It's things like that which make me a bit weary of train travel to and from uni. Hopefully I'm over it by the end of first semester.

HSC
hfis said:
Yeah, it doesn't really matter what time you catch it - the train's always sketchy. I got held up at knifepoint at around 5.10pm last year, it sucked.

It's things like that which make me a bit weary of train travel to and from uni. Hopefully I'm over it by the end of first semester.
Damn, that's pretty bad. I'm always a bit wary about things like that but so far so good. Like you said though, I don't think the time it happens matters much, it's just being in the wrong place at the wrong time (Or rather, being surrounded by morons who have no respect for others).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)