Last term: changes in students? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I find myself increasingly talking to teachers at lunch (about school and UAIs) and just generally chatting to all the smart kids, regardless of social group.

There seems to be more boyfriend/girlfriend couples among the Jocks. I suppose marraige to a high school sweetheart is common amongst them and its not like they're going to find many girls in a trade (not to be a snob but that's a statement of fact).

Anyone else noticed interesting stuff?

wendus

krawr.
HSC
well i go to a competitive single sex school so i obviously don't notice all the couples stuff. and most of our grade talks to everyone else, so social groups aren't really so divided. but i think a lot of people are talking to teachers more, just for guidance and reassurance. i myself do that often! :)

btw i want to do law too!! :)

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
people are tired, stressed- fucking over it- yet are hardcoring their brains out

other than that ;D

BackCountrySnow

HSC
cannibal.horse said:
I find myself increasingly talking to teachers at lunch (about school and UAIs) and just generally chatting to all the smart kids, regardless of social group.

There seems to be more boyfriend/girlfriend couples among the Jocks. I suppose marraige to a high school sweetheart is common amongst them and its not like they're going to find many girls in a trade (not to be a snob but that's a statement of fact).

Anyone else noticed interesting stuff?
oh good on you buddy. Go chill with the smart kids - your kind. And don't take any notice of those jocks. Make yourself feel better by dismissing them as idiots who will ultimately end up unhappy, in a trade. You, on the other hand, will end up a scholar. A doctor of philosophy.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
My school is pretty much the same.

Except i disagree with about half the stuff.

Half of my grade doesn't care about the HSC, half of the other half think they care and don't study, half of the quarter will do good.

So about 15/105.

Princess Hollyx

HSC
I have noticed that "groups" and social cliques have broken down.
It's nice. I've also noticed that it's not just me who has noticed that the "cool" kids are mostly wankers.

BackCountrySnow said:
oh good on you buddy. Go chill with the smart kids - your kind. And don't take any notice of those jocks. Make yourself feel better by dismissing them as idiots who will ultimately end up unhappy, in a trade. You, on the other hand, will end up a scholar. A doctor of philosophy.
*sigh*

oh how rife the intellectual snobbery is.

I could write an essay about how wrong and stupid that statement is, but I have better things to do with my time.

Last edited:
HSC
Princess Hollyx said:
*sigh*

oh how rife the intellectual snobbery is.

I could write an essay about how wrong and stupid that statement is, but I have better things to do with my time.
I'm pretty sure that BackCountrySnow was being sarcastic. If anything, that comment should be perhaps directed at the OP

Princess Hollyx said:
I have noticed that "groups" and social cliques have broken down.
It's nice.
But this is true.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
babikakez said:
I'm pretty sure that BackCountrySnow was being sarcastic. If anything, that comment should be perhaps directed at the OP
Correct. But still, I'd like to read the essay.

I may as well contribute to the thread.
The social groups in my grade aren't breaking down. In fact, they're as strong as ever. However, friendships are starting to break down. I don't mind. It's not like I'll keep in touch with most of them anyway.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Im actually doing work in my free periods and sometimes going to the library to study during lunch and recess.

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
Ah-ha-ha ha.

Try going to a Marist brothers school where when you walk through the corridors the deputy calls you over to point out a picture of 'JOEY JOHNS BACK IN YEAR 10!'

Or better yet, the old man at the Lion's awards night: 'I'd rather have a sport award then an academic one anyday'

It is a wank, trust me.

danz90

HSC
Most students in my year don't actually realise how fast the HSC exams are nearing.. and sooner yet, the trials.
I reckon only 5-10 people will actually get a good HSC from my year. There are signs of people giving up already...

I personally am doing well in terms of mental strength - since ive been taking vit.B12 since end of term2, I concentrate more and fall into focus much easier, and am less irritable and susceptible to depressive moods from work.

Princess Hollyx

HSC
I've noticed majority of my year are wankers. I can't wait to start a new life next year. I will probably honestly only speak to 2 people from my school after I finish.

babikakez said:

But this is true.
Oh, I take that back then. Re-reading it it's pretty clear.
:headbang:

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Princess Hollyx said:
I can't wait to start a new life next year. I will probably honestly only speak to 2 people from my school after I finish.:headbang:
Yep, I'm in your exact situation.
Except I don't feel as though people in my grade are wankers. Rather, It's the fact that I've spent 6 odd years with the same old people day after day.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
we're on edge. i think finishing the courses has been a smack in the face. After 13 years of consistently learning content, finally realising theres nothing more to be taught not only scared us, but frustrates us.

but were just turning into a blob of friends. we're too tense and frayed to pick fights.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)