Last movie you've seen? (1 Viewer)

HyPnOtiSeD

be my bad boy ...
HSC
Epic Movie -

Was stupid and a waste of money!! Not what i expected!! DONT SEE IT!!

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Dreamgirls. It's such a chick flick, but it was good! :eek:

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
HyPnOtiSeD said:
Epic Movie -

Was stupid and a waste of money!! Not what i expected!! DONT SEE IT!!
you mean, you expected it to not be stupid and a waste of money?

spiny norman

HSC
I've gone and rewatched a lot of Hitchcock films lately, the most recent being Lifeboat, which is interesting (is that his first "one set only" film which he'd go on to further work with on Rope and Dial M for Murder? It's amazing what he could do without changing the setting). Whilst doing this set of films I watched Frenzy for the first time, which is certainly underrated in the Hitchcock canon, given the number of scenes in it which rank amongst his best.

Vertigo remains my favourite of his (and probably all time) though I've still seen North by Northwest more than any other movie. Brilliant director - the best the Western world has ever produced.

walrusbear

HSC
badlands :D
about time, i've been waiting for ages

lived up to my expectations - it's another brilliant US-70s film.
it's also the first malick film i've seen probably but the reputation makes sense.
beautifully shot and put together.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
spiny norman said:
I've gone and rewatched a lot of Hitchcock films lately, the most recent being Lifeboat, which is interesting (is that his first "one set only" film which he'd go on to further work with on Rope and Dial M for Murder? It's amazing what he could do without changing the setting). Whilst doing this set of films I watched Frenzy for the first time, which is certainly underrated in the Hitchcock canon, given the number of scenes in it which rank amongst his best.

Vertigo remains my favourite of his (and probably all time) though I've still seen North by Northwest more than any other movie. Brilliant director - the best the Western world has ever produced.
Oh and Rear Window as well. I loved that.

Dial M for Murder is one of my favourites though. Grace Kelly was the best Hitchcock girl.

walrusbear

HSC
il bidone
it has a moving finale, like the other fellini films i've seen, but on the whole it's less interesting than others. the NYE party sequence felt flat next to the decadent swing of la dolce vita - i guess it's the precursor.
the strongest moments came from the protagonists' heartbreaking inability to be strong for their families eg. augusto and his daughter.

i'd rate.... 8

icecreamdisco

HSC
walrusbear said:
il bidone
it has a moving finale, like the other fellini films i've seen, but on the whole it's less interesting than others. the NYE party sequence felt flat next to the decadent swing of la dolce vita - i guess it's the precursor.
the strongest moments came from the protagonists' heartbreaking inability to be strong for their families eg. augusto and his daughter.

i'd rate.... 8
hmm, i liked this a lot when i saw it on sbs 4 years ago. guess i wasn't expecting much, but i found it immensely moving.

did u see badlands @ the chauvel? i was going to but i didn't have any money. :/ i already saw it there in '05, so it's all good.

my cinematheque card did allow me to see two-lane blacktop, and 2nd viewings of gun crazy and they live by night; three 9/10 films.

walrusbear

HSC
icecreamdisco said:
hmm, i liked this a lot when i saw it on sbs 4 years ago. guess i wasn't expecting much, but i found it immensely moving.

did u see badlands @ the chauvel? i was going to but i didn't have any money. :/ i already saw it there in '05, so it's all good.

my cinematheque card did allow me to see two-lane blacktop, and 2nd viewings of gun crazy and they live by night; three 9/10 films.
yeah i finally revisited the chauvel
still the best cinema around town

the other 'road movies' looked awesome. i would have seen all of them if i had the money. two-lane blacktop especially

Maximus

Decimus Meridius
HSC
Within the last week, I've seen...

Stranger than Fiction
Magnolia
Logan's Run
Swingers
Hairspray
Idiocracy

tlodg

HSC
N/A
Christine (1983)

The protagonist is so scary. I'm amazed by his acting skills. He is very convincing, I almost hated him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)