dunno what else to say
the exams pretty easy and u should finish it earlier than the time limit
as long as u memorise ur stuff

i think thats useless information ig ave ya lol
its been awhile since i did it

:: dreami ::

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
do you know what the essay question will be like?

im killing myself here... there is no way i could write 1000 words on anything in media

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Riding on a HD and D++ im not too concerned at this stage rofl

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Essay 1 - 20% on National Identity - HD
Essay 2 - 40% on Digital Cinema - D++
Participation - i should get 10%
Exam - providing i dont fail should get at least ~20% minimum i think.

~17% + ~30% + 10% + 15% (if i just pass)
72 %

So im quite happy :)

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
do u remember in ur last tute how like
she gave u ideas on the types of questions that will be asked?
yea try make sure u can answer those questions

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
when did you get ur second essay back?

i didnt know it was available :(

is nadine ur tutor?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Nope Allison Walker

Yeah you can collect it from the SCMP offices.

Thanks boink.

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
darn... i was there today

but im glad i didnt get it back cos im predicting not so good things for that essay

btw.. for ur first essay, is it on the website?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha nope, i handed it in a bit late for them to put up and Allison was sick the week after so, yeah :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, your friend got up there? or you're one of the two HD'ers

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ahh congrats!

Haha, sif worry then :)

Zina i take it?

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
thanks ;)

man... i just downloaded the lecture slides and it says the essays are for collection from the 16th... DAMN IT! thats what i get for not going to lectures and giving up on ilectures hehehe

detail and depth of knowledge on this is going to eat me aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha yeah :)

It shouldnt be too hard, from what i gathered, it'd be a pretty artsy styled exam, that being a lot of your own words, rather than recollecting data and stats.

Keep in mind big names and industry specific stuff, but apart from that, its very much like an analysis i think.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hmm just realised i got no clue about australian cinema policy changes or Aussie TV haha

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
this is from my last essay, hope this help asy :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------XX------------

In the 1980’s, the government increased the level of support to the film and television industry by introducing the initiative known as 10BA which increasing tax subsidies for investors willing to back film production activities under the Taxation Act that outlined the extent at the investment benefits. More than 900 featured films and emerged of high budget mini – series with quality local productions were made in the period of 1980 to 1988. During this period, numerous of high quality Australian television entertainment product were produced included “Return to Eden” (1982), “Vietnam” (1987) or “Bodyline” (1984). However, many were made never intended to be seen by public audience and were produced for taxational advantages. Recognizing the complexity in regulating the productivity of films financed under the 10BA tax concessions, the government established Film Finance Corporation (FFC) which would invest in film with guaranteed distribution and then recover profits for later expenditure to new projects (Cunningham & Turner).

Tom O’Regan described the Hawke Labor government reform of the broadcasting legislation in 1985 – 1986 to restrict individual television licensers to two stations nationally and strengthening cross-media ownership laws in a single area marked the termination of “entrepreneurial television” era. Inexperience entrepreneurial capitalist such as Alen Bond and Christopher Skate managing the discursive television empires, in addition with the 1897 stock market crash consequences in Seven and Ten Network in receivership by the end of the century. Managing to recover from the “entrepreneurial television” catastrophe, broadcasting networks was pressured to develop programs to meet the Australian Content Standard of minimum 35% of television production are produced in Australia, stimulate localism (Stone). Networks developed lower cost drama production with the creation of one of Australia longer running series and most successful export, Neighbour, the soap opera with low production cost at only $54 thousands per episode (Kingsley).

In the 1990’s, the United State recognized the media as and engine for economic growth (Maher) and economist view this as the merging of culture due to globalization via “ a tide wave of American entertainments” ( Syam) including movie, music and particularly television. The original 1942 Broadcasting Act was altered to form the Broadcasting Service Act 1992. Provide the ground rules for broadcasting, deregulation of programs standard, ownership and control of services; and planning and licensing of servicing (Albon)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Thanks

If you guys/gals need anything on digital cinema i can post some stuff up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)