Large Hadron Collider (LHC) (1 Viewer)

spartan31234

HSC
Ok I am sick of hearing, stuff can never escape a black hole -.. so the "escape velocity" is greater than the speed of light - but the escape velocity only applies to projectiles! - ie the initial min velocity to escape a gravitational field where the velocity is zero at infinity(unachievable distance)- so really u can't escape a gravitational field but that’s another storey. Say a black hole has an acceleration so great it escape velocity is ect - ^^ and would create a HUGE weight force W=Mg on say a rocket - all the rocket has to do is to counteract this weight force(+ a bit more) - and there is no such thing as a infinite weight force !!! - and if the trust is controlled the rocket can land on the hole and leave it at any speed it wants!!!! - and the rocket wont disintegrate as well - cause it is very STRONG! – Note !! I kind of contradicted by self ..– cause by definition of escaping a black hole gravitational field is impossible as gravity is zero at infinity (unachievable distance!) - but using that…..definition of escape – moving away.. I know that it is possible to escape a black hole – IF U ACCELERATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \\

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Um...why did you just copy your post into this thread? (spartan31234)
LHC is awesome. Our generation needs a massive worldwide physics project.

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Haha hilarious. The Half life one is great too.

samwell

HSC
What is the implication of this experiment to the STRING THEORY? What if the Higgs Particle becomes an experimental proof of the string theory? Another puzzling thing is if the vibrations of the strings in the string theory are related to Debroglie's wavelength. But debroglie wavelength is related to velocity and frequency can also be related to velocity. I am thinking this experiment will change alot of concepts in quantam mechanichs. Cannot wait for the full results.

HSC
we had a whole bunch of year 10 girls crying at school on wednesday because they thought the world was ending
haha, jerks

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Haha, Year 10 girls are, in general, morons. There are of course exceptions to this rule...But very few.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Weee the world's gonna end
I read somewhere online that a black hole IS predicted to appear but.. Vanish the next instant..
If it doesn't, then it'll suck things up and grow at an exponential rate, destroying Earth within a few minutes

I also read this interesting analogy, the probability of this actually happening is the same as the probability of..
Let's say you get a bag and put a chunk of glass in it
Then smash it with a hammer, the bag now has like a million tiny pieces of glass in it
Then there is technically still the possibility that if you smash the bag again, the energy CAN be spread in such a way that the million tiny pieces will join up again and become the same chunk of glass to start with
Probability --> 0

Although if the world does end, I suppose I'm wrong =D
Anyways, if the LHC does discover anything new, I doubt we'd understand

samwell

HSC
Sad story. stupid conspiracies have already claimed a life. now when they do their next test wat will happen?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)