Laptops (1 Viewer)

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Macs are a little more $$$ but definitely worth the money imo. Will definitely be getting a 13" MB Air in the next month.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Macs are a little more $$$ but definitely worth the money imo. Will definitely be getting a 13" MB Air in the next month.
Don't do the Air!

Pay less for the pro and get better specs and features. It's not even large or heavy...

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Specs in the pro are really enticing tbh. I'm planning on comparing them in person. I hope the pro is light enough to lug around all day with books.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Wtf, Sony is shit and as overpriced as Macs.

Sure, I'll pay an extra $400 for an inferior product that will also burn my junk.
Matter of opinion. I got this MacBook Pro 15" for a ridiculously cheap price (uni subsidised it) back in 2009 and haven't looked back. Though, granted I use a lot of Mac exclusive titles for audio production etc. (Mac is the industry standard for entertainment and the arts).

I also find it almost painful to go back to a Windows laptop with no multi-touch gestures etc.

Most people who own a Mac are artistic, love the simplistic no-fuss O.S. or love the social label attached to them; "Oh look! He/She's got a Mac! Must be fancy/rich/self-entitled/stuck up their own ass/a hipster!"

Personally I like Windows and Mac equally, but prefer Mac Laptops and Windows-based PC's.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Specs in the pro are really enticing tbh. I'm planning on comparing them in person. I hope the pro is light enough to lug around all day with books.
The Air is really just a stripped back version that is even less powerful than it's MacBook counterpart - and it costs more than the Pro.

Seriously, go the Pro. If I managed to carry around this 15" MBP for two years of uni - bear in mind that I'm a short, skinny, weak little piss of a person - you can do the 13" no worries.

anne1010

HSC
lol once u go mac, ull never go back.
thats the case a good 70% of the time

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
lol once u go mac, ull never go back.
thats the case a good 70% of the time
You mean 30% of the time.

Seriously, the price is generally $500-$1000 more than comparable laptops. The OS is jaded and dumbed down and incredibly vulnerable(Seriously, any contest involving any form of compromising the Mac gets broken first, followed by Windows and Linux never gets touched.) It also doesn't allow you to do whatever you want but what Apple allow you to do. It involves getting Apple's permission before anything can be developed for it. Also, the multi-touch touch pads aren't as good as Mac fags claim, last time I used one it kept doing stuff I didn't want to do and kept right clicking on me. The touchpad with the scroll down the side is better than this bloody "Two-finger scroll"

karablack037

HSC
The differences are:

1. The Macbook is white and made out of plastic while the Macbook Pro is silver and made out of aluminum.
2. The Macbook Pro has an illuminated keyboard and SD card slot.
3. The Macbook Pro has 4 GB RAM while the Macbook has 2 GB.

I currently own the Macbook Pro and I am absolutely in LOVE with it. It is a wonderful computer and it is visually stunning as well. I personally find it to be the best and prettiest computer. You're making a good choice switching to a Mac :)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
You mean 30% of the time.

Seriously, the price is generally $500-$1000 more than comparable laptops. The OS is jaded and dumbed down and incredibly vulnerable(Seriously, any contest involving any form of compromising the Mac gets broken first, followed by Windows and Linux never gets touched.) It also doesn't allow you to do whatever you want but what Apple allow you to do. It involves getting Apple's permission before anything can be developed for it. Also, the multi-touch touch pads aren't as good as Mac fags claim, last time I used one it kept doing stuff I didn't want to do and kept right clicking on me. The touchpad with the scroll down the side is better than this bloody "Two-finger scroll"
I agree and disagree.

Vulnerability is definitely an issue - give me 30 seconds and I'll reset all of the administrative passwords etc... Easy access.

I've managed to get my Mac to look however I've wanted and do whatever I've needed. The OS - even the GUI isn't as restricted as people think it is.

The main reason it'd be right-clicking is because you probably rest a second finger on the touch-pad (even subconsciously), causing the right-click. I've never had an issue with it and actually find it inconvenient to switch back to a conventional scroll-bar, two button touchpad. Granted, it does take a little to get used to - maybe half an hour, but after you've worked it out, it's far, far easier to do many things.

karablack037 said:
The differences are:

1. The Macbook is white and made out of plastic while the Macbook Pro is silver and made out of aluminum.
2. The Macbook Pro has an illuminated keyboard and SD card slot.
3. The Macbook Pro has 4 GB RAM while the Macbook has 2 GB.
Those points are almost entirely aesthetic differences.

Look at the differences in CPU, GPU (+ graphical memory)... Simple performance differences & increases with each step up in model. Aesthetics, really, mean little.

Though, arguing about which is best is an entirely futile endeavour. Taste in computer is subjective - arguing your own subjective point is moot from the start. Who cares if people like Mac? Who cares if people like PC? Who cares if people like Linux? Let them like what they like and use what they like, you do the same and STFU.

And for the tech heads out there - remember that Mac is built for ease of use, it's built to be simple.
Also remember - a majority of the population is technologically illiterate and/or moronic.
Ergo: Mac is built for simplicity and reasonable (on the powerful end of) performance. People pay premiums because they like that.

Also - why else would Mac make it "pretty" and made from aluminium? Refer to above - people are moronic ("Ooo look, it's pretty and shiny :O" - "Oh shit! I dropped my 3k laptop! Lucky it's made out of metal ^.^").

Last edited:

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I agree and disagree.

Vulnerability is definitely an issue - give me 30 seconds and I'll reset all of the administrative passwords etc... Easy access.

I've managed to get my Mac to look however I've wanted and do whatever I've needed. The OS - even the GUI isn't as restricted as people think it is.

The main reason it'd be right-clicking is because you probably rest a second finger on the touch-pad (even subconsciously), causing the right-click. I've never had an issue with it and actually find it inconvenient to switch back to a conventional scroll-bar, two button touchpad. Granted, it does take a little to get used to - maybe half an hour, but after you've worked it out, it's far, far easier to do many things.

Those points are almost entirely aesthetic differences.

Look at the differences in CPU, GPU (+ graphical memory)... Simple performance differences & increases with each step up in model. Aesthetics, really, mean little.

Though, arguing about which is best is an entirely futile endeavour. Taste in computer is subjective - arguing your own subjective point is moot from the start. Who cares if people like Mac? Who cares if people like PC? Who cares if people like Linux? Let them like what they like and use what they like, you do the same and STFU.

And for the tech heads out there - remember that Mac is built for ease of use, it's built to be simple.
Also remember - a majority of the population is technologically illiterate and/or moronic.
Ergo: Mac is built for simplicity and reasonable (on the powerful end of) performance. People pay premiums because they like that.

Also - why else would Mac make it "pretty" and made from aluminium? Refer to above - people are moronic ("Ooo look, it's pretty and shiny :O" - "Oh shit! I dropped my 3k laptop! Lucky it's made out of metal ^.^").
I've dropped my Toshiba many times, and it's still tanking it up. I really need to clean it out though...

Steffi1

HSC
Im sorry to say, but the Mac Pro if one of the best lap tops on the market, i myself who is very into computers would know.
Yes i wouldn't get the MacBook or the Air, however the Pro is one of the best. It does indeed cost a lot, but worth it.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Im sorry to say, but the Mac Pro if one of the best lap tops on the market, i myself who is very into computers would know.
Yes i wouldn't get the MacBook or the Air, however the Pro is one of the best. It does indeed cost a lot, but worth it.
Hahahahahahhahahahaha great troll

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
If you were into computers you would know computers are better.

Steffi1

HSC
Wharever, i mean for laptops go for the Pro. I know computers are better !

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Why go for a Pro, there is plenty of other laptops out there that match the specs and are far less.

jacobadam

Banned
HSC
Acer models - large screen_ there is the travelmate series with various model variations in 17 inch
the prices are very reasonable, if ever a repair needed (once in many years) it took a single working day to get a new mainboard free within warranty. the last model I had was a travelmate 7520G

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)