Laptops , Literally? (1 Viewer)

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
You see a lot of business people using them on the train I catch and sometimes i've seen lap tops used in buses.

ReaveR

HSC
For males, it lowers our sperm count using it on our lap...

High temps not being good for balls and all.

sladehk

le random
HSC
ReaveR said:
For males, it lowers our sperm count using it on our lap...

High temps not being good for balls and all.
get a laptop fan

(never knew heat decreased sperm count!)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
sladehk said:
(never knew heat decreased sperm count!)
Any biological cell is adapted to a set range of factors. In the case of human sex cells, extreme high or low temperatures or increased basicity or acidity, for example, will kill them.

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
Thank you to the helpful, yet mysterious, Mod who split this thread. And kudos on the title. Although it did take me a few seconds to figure out what had happened.

I wasn't really worried about the heat (my powerbook never gets that hot anyway – but I rarely do anything resource intensive on it.) but more the ergonomics of using it. It leaves you all hunched over and quasimodo-y.

sladehk

le random
HSC
but most laptops get hot after a while

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
yeh i put the laptop on my bed and lie on my stomach, which hurts back and elbows.
but i find putting it on my lap is even more uncomfortable. unless im sitting in a reclining chair with my legs straight out in front.

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
For watching stuff in bed on my laptop I use one of those Wooden Bed Breakfast Table things that is essential a raised wooden trail. While its better then just putting the laptop on my bed and contorting myself into weird angels, it's far from ideal.

The only way I can get comfortable with a laptop is using it a desk. But I have desktop machine at my desk, so as a result my laptop hardly gets used.

I wonder if a tablet PC would be anymore comfortable to use for watching DVDs and legally obtained TV shows on?

Last edited by a moderator:

sladehk

le random
HSC
maybe i need one of those wheelie tables- the ones that you can get at hospitals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)