60g hard drive
DVD/CDRW
56K modem
10/100 LAN
64MB GeForce VGA card
15" TFT screen
its not branded

its for $2300....

Do u guys think this is a good deal??? (i know nothing about comps)

Also there going to chuck in a wireless pc card in for free, however its max speed or whatever is only 11Mbps, and there trying to tell me its heaps good, Are they full or shit or is it ok. And what sorta download speed could i get from that??

thanks heaps for any help

Winston

HSC
You can get at least a DVD burner in it with that price, a better gfx card, integrated wireless.

Winston

HSC
The link doesn't work, i personally hate Dells at a point because they're fat lol.

speed_bump

invalid
Yer sorry about that.... im not really worried about the whole size or weight of the thing because 95% of the time its going to used just as a desktop comp.
the other deal was basically the dell inspiron 600- theres another thread on it anyways-

http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/pro...;l=en&s=dhs

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33472

i have to buy it befor the end of this finacial year for tax reasons lol, so i cant wait untill the Intel Dothan proccecor.....

Last edited:

prj

11Mbps of a wireless network card is the fastest u can get. If it was a wired network card then they can go up to 100Mbps. Also if u are going to buy a Dell laptop, I strongly suggest that u call them up and try to get a better deal. They phone centre is based in malaysia so it might be a bit hard to understand them sometimes, but I can almost guarantee that u will get a better price if u call them up.

speed_bump

invalid
if i have a wireless card and i go to to the wireless zones around uni and stuff, does it jst let me hook up to there net with my password or do i have to set up some crap first???

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by prj
11Mbps of a wireless network card is the fastest u can get. If it was a wired network card then they can go up to 100Mbps. Also if u are going to buy a Dell laptop, I strongly suggest that u call them up and try to get a better deal. They phone centre is based in malaysia so it might be a bit hard to understand them sometimes, but I can almost guarantee that u will get a better price if u call them up.

huh? 11 MBps isn't the fastest for Wi-Fi right now, you ok dude? 54 MBps is, the 802.11 g!

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by speed_bump
if i have a wireless card and i go to to the wireless zones around uni and stuff, does it jst let me hook up to there net with my password or do i have to set up some crap first???
For me at USYD, i have to connect to the wireless access point first, and then once i'm connected i connect to the them using a VPN client, so that they can authenticate me etc.

sunny

meh.
HSC
More important things you are forgetting about:

How heavy does the laptop weigh?

What sort of warranty does it have?

speed_bump

invalid
Not sure of the actual weight but it seems fairly light compared to others. my dad does heaps of deals with the shop, through his work which is why im surprised it wasnt such a good deal, so if somthing went wrong with it in the next two years they would fix it for free, whilst there is no actual official "warranty".

what does 1337 mean???

fatmuscle

HSC
if you're getting a Dell

I strongly suggest u ask someone who can get it through work, or u personally know a Dell sales person.

15% discount is quite a lot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)