laptop help (1 Viewer)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Don't worry PaterzAttack, brand makes little difference. The components are from the same manufacturers etc.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Lol, you have habits of going for the brands that break...

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
thing with dells, is that they are heavier because they use a metalic case, rather than a plastic one, which helps with overheating. not sure what the acer is made of

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Don't worry PaterzAttack, brand makes little difference. The components are from the same manufacturers etc.
Medion Akoya has some of the best components but it still doesnt stop them from overheating due to poor design buddy.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Medion Akoya has some of the best components but it still doesnt stop them from overheating due to poor design buddy.
But he's not getting any funky brands, so it's all good =) All the ones he has browsed are okay.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
But he's not getting any funky brands, so it's all good =) All the ones he has browsed are okay.
No the point was that even if its a known brand (Medion Akoya IS KNOWN), it will still have a problem with the design.

Toshiba has some of the best laptops and warranties, so if i am to take up uni id be getting one of those.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
No the point was that even if its a known brand (Medion Akoya IS KNOWN), it will still have a problem with the design.

Toshiba has some of the best laptops and warranties, so if i am to take up uni id be getting one of those.
My first laptop was an ASUS, and it had pretty crappy design.

1. Speakers were pointing downwards towards the ground.

2. Exhaust was not on the side, but on the back (bad for placing on your lap)

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC

I've had a few problems with my Toshiba laptop that isn't covered. I mean, it's a tank of a thing but it's got countless problems. Overheating being a fairly big one, even with regular cleaning. And the thermal paste had actually dried up in under a year which is pathetic. Also, the tip of my charger broke so I tried to get another one under warranty and it wasn't covered so I had to fork out another $70 for a universal one because it was cheaper than getting an official Toshiba charger. >.>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)