Languages (1 Viewer)

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Is there a maximum on how many languages you can do for your HSC?

Are there many people here doing languages through dist. ed.? If so, how are you finding it? Enjoying it? What languages are you doing?

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
I have a guy at school that does Latin, classical greek and french

booties4

HSC
I'm doing french online.....let me tell you, it takes time and dedication.

James747

HSC
I do Jap through Open High. U need self discipline, but thats not a problem for me cuz its my fav subject.

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
No, there isn't a maximum, nor a minimum, for that matter.

Also, there's no limit on Sciences (for all schools), which is contrary to what the dumbf*cks told me about the program at my school.
The minimum is zero ;)

I suppose if you love languages enough it won't matter but you (collectively speaking) might want to consider that only 4 subjects count towards the UAI. So that will be at most 3 languages that count, as English is already counted.

yosemite sam

HSC
wouldnt it be incredibly difficult to do more than one or two as a max languages? i started my prelim with italian and french, but my french was cancelled so i did society and culture, but even in the 6 weeks i did french for i was constantly getting words and grammar rules comfused. i spose it would probly be a bit different if did say and asian and a european language, but it would still be really hard to not get their grammar rules confused surely

yosemite sam

HSC
lol...i was trying to think of the word 'classic' to cover latin and ancient hebrew and whatnot but all i could think of was ancient and old, but if you start learning a new language/s for your hsc, rather than doing a mother language or one thats common in your area (i live in tamworth...the most we have is bogan) then getting languages confused would be common... and getting a language that has a different script (ie hiragana instead of hindu arabic lettering) you would get confused less often...i dont think that makes sense. sorry...i know what i mean lol

HSC
Sure it would definitely be difficult to do three languages at once, but for those who can do it (which are very few but they are out there) if they can handle it there's no reason why they cant

Lucid Scintilla said:
Oh yeh, why of course. *Sigh.*
Yeah sorry I couldn't help but pointing that out :eek:

HSC
In Year 8 I studied two European languages at once (one at school, and one out of school) and it was definitely hard. It wasn't so much the grammar rules that became confusing, it was more, that when I was in one language, I might start thinking about words in the other language....so that was when it got quite confusing. But I guess, if you can handle it, the sky's the limit.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
No, there isn't a maximum, nor a minimum, for that matter.

Also, there's no limit on Sciences (for all schools), which is contrary to what the dumbf*cks told me about the program at my school.

I did Mandarin Chinese and Latin; I hated them both, probably because I cannot stand the teachers. The Chinese teacher cannot speak without horrible pronouncation and an awful accent, and the Latin teacher was okay, albeit somewhat past his/her prime.
are you sure ? isnt it three max ? but if your doing senior science you cant do the rest ? * shruggs * not so sure though ..

P

pLuvia

Yes, if you do senior science you can't do E&E Sci, Chem, Bio, Phys, Agri

cs01001

HSC
Speaking about languages, I did Latin back in Year 8. Well, I was forced to as there were no more spots in other language, since I moved from Hong Kong to here in the middle of the term. Latin has insane scaling too, lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)