Lance Armstrong's confession to doping... What do you think? (1 Viewer)

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
I think a lot of people fail to realise that even if he was doping, what Armstrong managed to do is an incredible feat of strength and endurance. They also fail to realise that the effect of doping upon performance is quite minimal compared to the effect of the years of training, conditioning and hard work that a professional athlete puts in. It just gives them an edge over the rest of the (very elite) field - It's not like your average joe could just take a bit of EPO and HGH and then go win seven consecutive TDF titles.

I don't support the use of drugs in sport (although it makes it a lot more interesting - last years Tour was boring as shit) and I think that the doping has certainly detracted from Armstrongs achievement, but I don't think we should forget just how impressive what he did was.

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
No I'm actually not joking. With caddies, GPS, practice rounds, drawn up greens etc. etc. I don't think that "better than perfect" eyesight would make a difference.
Apparently it helps tiger read the greens in a lot more depth (subtle inclines/declines etc). I guess it's not something you can really judge until you get to experience it for yourself lol

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
I think a lot of people fail to realise that even if he was doping, what Armstrong managed to do is an incredible feat of strength and endurance. They also fail to realise that the effect of doping upon performance is quite minimal compared to the effect of the years of training, conditioning and hard work that a professional athlete puts in. It just gives them an edge over the rest of the (very elite) field - It's not like your average joe could just take a bit of EPO and HGH and then go win seven consecutive TDF titles.

I don't support the use of drugs in sport (although it makes it a lot more interesting - last years Tour was boring as shit) and I think that the doping has certainly detracted from Armstrongs achievement, but I don't think we should forget just how impressive what he did was.
+1

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
No I'm actually not joking. With caddies, GPS, practice rounds, drawn up greens etc. etc. I don't think that "better than perfect" eyesight would make a difference.

Edit: when I said "good eyesight" I am just saying normal eyesight as opposed to perfect eyesight would make extremely minimal difference.
every little bit counts when you're at an elite level

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Every athlete in racing be it running, swimming or cycling takes drugs.

I wonder if everyone is going to make such a big deal when Usain Bolt gets caught.

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh, it was really impressive how he managed to live a lie for over a decade, ruining people's lives in the process. He's nothing but a narcissistic sociopath.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Yeh, it was really impressive how he managed to live a lie for over a decade, ruining people's lives in the process. He's nothing but a narcissistic sociopath.
m8.

I'd like to see you complete a single stage of the tour, let alone win the whole race 7 times in a row. It's fucking impressive.

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
m8.

I'd like to see you complete a single stage of the tour, let alone win the whole race 7 times in a row. It's fucking impressive.
No problem.

Just send me some EPO, testosterone, hGh and cortisone. Oh, and don't be worried if you see me taking blood transfusions or saline and plasma infusions.

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
No problem.

Just send me some EPO, testosterone, hGh and cortisone. Oh, and don't be worried if you see me taking blood transfusions or saline and plasma infusions.
Even if you took that much you'd still run last and struggle to finish one day of the tour. They ain't magic pills, it takes years of dedication and drugs to get anywhere near the top an even qualify for the tour

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
No problem.

Mate , drugs, steroids , EPO, or w/e helps but he had true dedication and persistence ( not to lie ).

Let's see you try turn pro ?

ando08182

HSC
Even if you took that much you'd still run last and struggle to finish one day of the tour. They ain't magic pills, it takes years of dedication and drugs to get anywhere near the top an even qualify for the tour
Sounds like you know all about it mate ;) But is it worth the entertainment value as a result of doping, or would you rather see someone who hasn't doped to achieve something near Armstrong's false achievements, knowing that they are clean, whatever the sport e.g. any sport in the olympics? Im sure the chinese dope in every sport they participate in the olympics, especially in 2008. Sure Lance's achievements with raising awareness was a great benefit to society, but i tend to agree that its a charity started on lies and its not that people don't want to give money to cancer research anymore, it's a moral issue. What I would be more annoyed about is up and coming clean cyclists competing against superhuman-like athletes who will never receive the recognition for their hard work because its always going to be outdone by the doper. To know that the last decade of Tour's haven't even been true indications of riders true ability is sad.

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
7 consecutive tour de france wins says otherwise.

Mate , drugs, steroids , EPO, or w/e helps but he had true dedication and persistence ( not to lie ).
If he had true dedication and persistence he wouldn't need drugs. He was dedicated to protecting his phony life.

Let's see you try turn pro ?
I was going to. But then once I found out that my childhood idol was a fraud I decided otherwise.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
lets just legalise drugs in sport already gosh

fuck the record books

Jimmy2064

HSC
A cheat, racing in a whole tournament of cheats. If Lance didn't win, another drug user would have. Simple as that. For a single man to complete AND win that many tours is phenomenal. What he did certainly detracted from his character, but has little impact on his achievements in my opinion.

Immortalp00n

HSC
i dont see what the big fuss about Lance Armstrong doping is...like sure yeh took drugs and all
but srsly
he was the first guy on the moon, can't we at least credit him for that

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
i dont see what the big fuss about Lance Armstrong doping is...like sure yeh took drugs and all
but srsly
he was the first guy on the moon, can't we at least credit him for that
he took performance enhancing drugs to the moon then stupid which is just as disgraceful

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)