L plates and 120 hours (1 Viewer)

HSC
haha we have all dont a bit of fudging even those of us who have now got our greens :p
and it just aint the yr 11s who are pissed i have some yr 12 friends who are pissed to... and the test imo is already vigerous enough, though i do think they should have another driving test once u go for ut greensnot some computerised questions and answers haha

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Re: The L platers rules

jasonml said:
Lol 1st gear redline.
What the fuck car does 88 in first retard, it's an S2K and isn't even at redline yet.

HSC
Re: The L platers rules

They want teenagers to be scared for getting into trouble. LOL well i got my P's before that date has changed. Oh well. My two mates are same but they up to L's with 50 hours as old book.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Exphate said:
Hahaha 20 extra hours or 70. Which is more likely to allow for much improved driving skills?

Yeah, definitely the extra 20.

Bahahahaha.
Exactly and if you consider the amount of people that 'alter' their hours then by increasing the hours there is a chance they might do more real hours of course the same chance is they will just do the same amount and 'alter' the rest. But we all know it isn't a perfect system.

A High Way Man said:
I'll fucking kill you
:eek:

Well the poster was assuming everyone 'alters' their hours, which is not true.

RocKetBoy

HSC
Yea the new lawz suck, L platers drive rillay safe (in my opinion), they should put more restrictions onto P platers instead, cos its only when u dun haf adult to supervise u that u start goofing around and drive 50kmph on opposite side of road >.>
try to do the 120hrs best you can =) if its impossible, just prepare for ur P's dw about hrs, learning to park car and road rules are more important than just driving aimlessly for 120hrs...and then afterwards just write shit into logbook lawlz its not lyk they stalk you to see if u rillay did those hrs...and 20hrs of nite time driving is bs (especially cos im azn) lmfao!^^

drive safely =O

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
No, parking is a minor skill. I'd rather you knew how to drive properly. That said I did about 20 hours.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
RocKetBoy said:
Yea the new lawz suck, L platers drive rillay safe (in my opinion), they should put more restrictions onto P platers instead, cos its only when u dun haf adult to supervise u that u start goofing around and drive 50kmph on opposite side of road >.>
try to do the 120hrs best you can =) if its impossible, just prepare for ur P's dw about hrs, learning to park car and road rules are more important than just driving aimlessly for 120hrs...and then afterwards just write shit into logbook lawlz its not lyk they stalk you to see if u rillay did those hrs...and 20hrs of nite time driving is bs (especially cos im azn) lmfao!^^

drive safely =O
L Platers do turn into P Plater, so restrictions/new rules on both makes more sense. Change the attitude before they are allowed behind the wheel by themselves so to speak - or at least that's the idea.
As for the rest, good luck passing. :lol:

michael1990

HSC
They should make defensive driving a requirement. That would be more beneficial than all these restrictions.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
They should make P platers only allowed to drive overpowered cars so retards die.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
michael1990 said:
They should make defensive driving a requirement. That would be more beneficial than all these restrictions.
I think that was being discussed at the time but it was $ issue and who would pay etc.

michael1990

HSC
pritnep said:
I think that was being discussed at the time but it was $ issue and who would pay etc.
The government could subsidise it from all the revenue they raised from the new fines and such.

Or it could just be part of getting your licence.
That way its no different, no discrimination. If you want your licence you have to work for it.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Exphate said:
Studies overseas have suggested that the "cockiness" resulting from completing these courses, causes more accidents. Several EU Countries have banned them.
Thats advanced, not defensive.

:/

EDIT: I think theres a difference...

jessfredbun91

HSC
haha yeah i plan on fudging tha remaining 70 hrs ive supposed to have down....dont think ill pass p's test first time tho!

zarni2

HSC
pritnep said:
Not that I'm an L plater anymore, but I never 'altered' my hours.
most probably because you faced the relatively short 50 and not 120 hours?

michael1990

HSC
Exphate said:
Hahaha fuck.

120 hours is 10 hours a month.

It's just over 2 hours a week.

Seriously, it's not that much.
Disagree.
For families which are busy it would be very hard to do.

I was lucky as i had my own car and i lived a fair distance from places my family went.

I did about 80 hours in 6 months.

HSC
seriously people, just go to www.whereis.com.au, type in a destination and it'll giv you the km and also the time i'll take to get to your destination.

that way, you'll finish your log book in a very short time.

:)

michael1990

HSC
Exphate said:
There are 168 hours in a week.

2 hours is ~1.19% of a week. It's extremely hard to do.

Oh, and let's also account for the fact, that I'm running on averages. It's not hard to do a 2-3 hour drive in one hit. That, and the fact that you actually have 3 years before your Ls expire (thus, <1 hour per week), you can get driving lessons (easy hour, no trouble on family time, just money).

Lol @ saying 120 hours/12 months is heaps, then stating you did 80/6 months.

haha
HA ha ha.

I only did 80 hours cause I keep annoying my mum.
And i just drove all the time, anywhere we ended up going.
I just feel sorry for the new people. Because 120 hours is a long time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)