Kubla Khan: Summary & Techniques (1 Viewer)

Ace-Of-Spades

HSC
Hey, i never did get this poem, i know its not a conversational poem like Frsot and Lime-Tree, but can someone give me a short summary of what it is about and a few techniques as well as what (specific) effects the technqiues/features have (not too long, just somthing).

hipPo3

HSC
Ace-Of-Spades said:
Hey, i never did get this poem, i know its not a conversational poem like Frsot and Lime-Tree, but can someone give me a short summary of what it is about and a few techniques as well as what (specific) effects the technqiues/features have (not too long, just somthing).
Assenence
Repition
i think personification
allusions
imagery

thats all i can think in my state of mind ...

Ace-Of-Spades

HSC
kool, but what is the poem about, like Frost was about him remembering his childhood and speculating his kids future childhood. Lime-tree was about him not being able to go on a walk and hence creatying the poem as a substitute.

hipPo3

HSC
oh .. hes talking about a paradise surrounded by the tranquility of nature .. then talkes about the woeful destructive side of nature, then to all the negatives

wikkipedia if u want more info .. poeple seem to be busy

hipPo3

HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
You need to go back to primary to learn to spell before you even consider analysing techniques/devices :p
did i still make sense? cause there wouldnt be a reason to care if my spellings were wrong if i did

btw, the markers dont care for spelling mistakes, aslong as its to a piont of making sense

Ace-Of-Spades

HSC
Some critics see it as a metaphor for sexual intercourse. Others believe it is a poem stressing the beauty of creation.
For the sake of simplicity, should we say that it is a poem stressing the beauty of creation, like say if we wanted to relate it to 'The Lime-Tree Bower My Prison' and 'Billy Joel's River Of Dreams'?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)