KR3 quote meanin (1 Viewer)

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
1646688889640.png
Who does Richard refer to as George in this scene - I do realise that Richmond is Stanley's son, however wasn't his name Henry or something?

may22

HSC
George is Stanley’s son (pretty sure he’s really young in the play, but I might be mistaken)

Richmond is NOT Stanley’s son. Richard tells Stanley “he’s your wife’s son”. I think the wife he’s referring to is Lady Margaret of Beaufort, so she was Richmond’s mum.

And yep, Richmond becomes Henry VII when he takes the throne

lmao1010

HSC
@may22 true true - but Richmond is Stanley's step son tho....
bro dont rlly get wut ur q is but regardless ig this explanation of scene will help:
richard is probs in his tent or smthg and is ordering his soldiers to bring stanley and his regiment of soldiers to the war to assist in richards fight against richmond, who is also known as henry vii and is also the stepson of stanley. richard in this extract is insinuating that if stanley doesnt come to assist him he will kill or do smthg similar to stanleys son george who at that time was very young in age, and ig this is deduced from the eternal night thing richard says.
to answer ur q in og post richmond (henry) and george r two seperate ppl, richmond is the step son of stanley whereas george is his real son.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)