Korean Air (2 Viewers)

Peartie

HSC
Hey all,

I'm looking at flights to Germany and the travel agent suggested Korean Air.

The cost of the ticket includes a stop over in Seoul for one night with 5 Star accommodation, Transfers and Hot Breakfast included.

I was just wondering if anyone had ever flown Korean Air and if so what they were like - are they a good airline etc.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Peartie said:
Hey all,

The cost of the ticket includes a stop over in Seoul for one night with 5 Star accommodation, Transfers and Hot Breakfast included.

I was just wondering if anyone had ever flown Korean Air and if so what they were like - are they a good airline etc.
Well, I came to Australia through Korean Airline roughly 3 years ago. I don't have a clear memory of it but I remember watching few great films that the plane provided. I was highly satisfied with the cuisines that I was accommodated with. You won't regret the service they will provide during your flight.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
icraig88 said:
was there kim chi and soju offered?
Kim Chi was offered but as long as I remember no Soju was provided.

EDIT: I cannot even drink Soju as I was only like 13 at that time and I don't think alcohol is permitted on the plane.

Last edited:

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
oh really?? that's really strange because all airlines offer alcoholic beverages.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
icraig88 said:
oh really?? that's really strange because all airlines offer alcoholic beverages.
I am not entirely sure. But as long as I remember there was no beverage offer on the plane. However, the foods were great!

rwc

HSC
Korean air is actually pretty good. I did the same stop over and they booked me a place at the hyatt in seoul which was fantastic! The food and rooms were absolutely awesome. The only thing is take entertainment on the flight because I relied on watching the movies they usually play and was bitterly disappointed when it was in korean, subtitled korean.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
rwc said:
Korean air is actually pretty good. I did the same stop over and they booked me a place at the hyatt in seoul which was fantastic! The food and rooms were absolutely awesome. The only thing is take entertainment on the flight because I relied on watching the movies they usually play and was bitterly disappointed when it was in korean, subtitled korean.

Why didn't you ask flight attendent? He/she would have changed the subtitle for you.

rwc

HSC
oh this wasnt one of those individual screen things it was for the whole section.. since i was the only non-korean in the whole section it would've been a little rude?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
rwc said:
oh this wasnt one of those individual screen things it was for the whole section.. since i was the only non-korean in the whole section it would've been a little rude?
Ok. I thought it was a little one where individual can use whenever he/she wanted. I used the individual thing where I could control the substitle, volume and etc.

Peartie

HSC
the planes are being updated - im gauranteed a single individual screen for the seoul frankfurt leg....and most likely one for sydney seoul as well :)

James747

HSC
Peartie said:
the planes are being updated - im gauranteed a single individual screen for the seoul frankfurt leg....and most likely one for sydney seoul as well :)
whether you get ptv's on ur flight depends on which aircraft you get for syd-icn leg, which will likely either be the 747 or 777... only some of korean air's 747 are equpped with ptv's, but these are put on routes to japan, usa, etc... not aus routes.
i have flown with korean air once and i really liked them. flight attendants are really young, pretty and warm. food was fantastic... seats looked abit tired but comfortable nonetheless. i've seen photos of their new product but i'm sure it'll impress...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Peartie said:
Hey all,

You missed the world cup by 2 years, retard.

Peartie

HSC
i was in Germany (England and the rest of Europe as well) in 06 as well...... so no i didnt......

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
stazi said:
lol!

i'm guessing they would be offered.

hopefully bi bim bap too :)
bi bim bap?

anyways im planning on going to korea mid next year so hopefully they have the individual screens.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
edit: are you planning to go alone or with others? I may be going to korea some time next year too. we could make out

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
stazi said:
edit: are you planning to go alone or with others? I may be going to korea some time next year too. we could make out

ahh looks sexy. im planning on going with a couple of mates, 2 of us are definate but if he isnt going, me and you having sexy times is highly likely ;)

Evilo

HSC
korean air was good when i travelled on it - the seats are a little small (but pretty much everything is when you're 6 foot 4!!!). The only depressing thing was that the magazines described what you were missing in first class - had complete detail...with pictures!

EDIT - back then i had trouble communicating with the flight attendants. Apparently my "Australian accent" was an issue. Took me a while to get a coke - they thought i wanted cake. Otherwise its pretty good.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)