• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Knocking off Ruse (1 Viewer)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I meant knocking Ruse off.

its been years (someone tell me when they last were not HSC winnarz).

There was a thread like this is the Year 11 forum. One like this in the school thread. But now, 2006ers, we must generally discuss this in the HSC forum. In saying that, someone, be it Hornsby Girls or North Sydney or us High boys ourselves, please knock these turds off.

Discuss.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Well, you can count my school out. With 22 students in Year 12 and half of them being Ag kids... yeah, we'll probably be pressed to keep our top 100 ranking in the state. :p

But good luck. James Ruse has been at the top since 2001-02, I think. They've been doing very well for themselves.

I_F

^___^
HSC
they've got too much depth, its hard to see them losing the grip..maybe in 3 - 5 yrs others will come extremely close

P

pLuvia

Well it's pretty hard since they are always first by a very very large margin

This year being about 15% more than hornsby girls

You can also count my school out, we are still aiming to at least beat Killara High School :p

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
What keeps them on top is not only their learning strategies, but also the many top students from other schools who transfer at the end of year 10.

I reckon once they're number one, it'll be hard for them to come down again. You might diss them for awhile, but if you're offered a chance to transfer there, you'd probably take it.

Our school was number one a very long time ago. Now we're only in the top 20 and we'll continue sliding because every year, we lose so many outstanding students to other schools - mainly Ruse, North Sydney and Sydney.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Well it's not like they're getting further away in terms of results, if the top schools continue to improve, they should have a chance of catching up in future years.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
i think it was since 1991.. cos it was around the time my math lecturer at uni was at ruse.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
hm. my school is DEFIINTELY out! ... my school is like in the mid 300's or sumin. forgot - -;;

yeh
ruse has to go down! grr >D

P

pLuvia

Even if they do go down, people will still think they are the best

Monstar

HSC
ahahaha.. you selective people care too much for school. Just do well yourself, screw the school.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
dreamerish said:
What keeps them on top is not only their learning strategies, but also the many top students from other schools who transfer at the end of year 10.
I wouldnt say 'top' students.
I reckon once they're number one, it'll be hard for them to come down again. You might diss them for awhile, but if you're offered a chance to transfer there, you'd probably take it.
I wouldnt, I dont know about others though.

kadlil said:
Well it's pretty hard since they are always first by a very very large margin

This year being about 15% more than hornsby girls
But you see, how can you possibly compare last years students to this years?

I mean, this years cohort for all we know could be dumb as shit, and my current perception is that they are beatable. And who knows, maybe your little St. Ives buddies may come first if you all shape up.

if said:
Well, you can count my school out. With 22 students in Year 12 and half of them being Ag kids... yeah, we'll probably be pressed to keep our top 100 ranking in the state.
Youve got 22 students. Imagine if 15 of you got band 6s for everything. Youd be first in the stae with a 75% ish rate. Personally I think its stupid how they use percentages to figure out whos first (although I suppose theres little other way) - but schools like PLC are getting cut so bad becuase they have so many more in quantity, while one of those little independent scholls with 3 guys comes like 3rd. There has to be a slightly better way. Median UAI perhaps? James Ruse would kick everyone then I suppose. Oh well, rant finished.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
you are one really angry vent up boy..

do u realli have to rely on ure school pride for ure performance?

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Monstar said:
ahahaha.. you selective people care too much for school. Just do well yourself, screw the school.
What if you end up not ranked in the top 5 for every subject?

P

pLuvia

Bookie said:
But you see, how can you possibly compare last years students to this years?

I mean, this years cohort for all we know could be dumb as shit, and my current perception is that they are beatable. And who knows, m
Maybe they are not as intelligent as this year.

That's unlikely since only about 25 - 35 get in the 90s from our school on average every year. But who knows we might :)

Last edited by a moderator:

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
haha sorri to disappoint pplz
but this yr's JR is juz as good. (i am not in it. ><..but can obviously tell from...knowing them)

anyhow. i think jr will remain up there for a while
but it is not like we will do shit if we r not in it. >>>

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Bookie said:
no. i just dont like james ruse' image.

theyre a cattle breeding school and thats what they should look like.
so u feel a bunch of cattle breeders shouldnt top ... the states first high school?
tats the feeling im gettin..

Riviet

HSC
N/A
School Newsletter said:
With regard to UAI marks, it appears that 4 boys received a UAI over 99. A few others missed by the smallest of margins, with 17 students scoring between 95 and 99. 44 boys appear to have UAIs over 90 - 31% of the cohort in the top 10% in the State. About 78% of teh cohort was placed in the top 30% of the State.
That's like the best we've done!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Riviet said:

That's like the best we've done!
lol..

my school has onli got like 2 people over 99.
1 of 'em = 99.15
2nd = 99.35

prob the best the schools ever done. im gonna aim for 99 .. haha
if not , 96 XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)