KL Criticism ?? (1 Viewer)

Number7

HSC
OK well I'm reading over an essay my friend wrote and got 19/20 for...he has 0 crticics quotes in his response. He just states that it is jacobean/feminist/nihilistic and thats it (though getting examples from the texts themeslves)

I was always under the assumption you had to have a critics opinion to back up your interpretation of the text. Was I right or wrong?

mysterious00

HSC
awww no one replied to ur thread :( poor baby.

just thought id say hello and announce to everyone that

"I LOVE YOU !!!!" and...

"HAPPY 9 MONTHS BABY!!" :):):):)

BigBear_25

HSC
Number7 said:
OK well I'm reading over an essay my friend wrote and got 19/20 for...he has 0 crticics quotes in his response. He just states that it is jacobean/feminist/nihilistic and thats it (though getting examples from the texts themeslves)

I was always under the assumption you had to have a critics opinion to back up your interpretation of the text. Was I right or wrong?
Well it does depend on the question. But the main part of the Mod B is to look at different ways of reading the text and ur own interpretation. Using critics does strengthen ur arguement. However when u read the markers' comments they say that too many people get bogged down in interpretations and reading and spend too much time quoting and commenting on them. Which means they have very little textual analysis, which is that most important part of English especially advanced.

So I say that if the critic has something that has a very strong connection to what u are writing out then by all means use it otherwise it doesn't really matter. I don't mean to say that stay away from critics just don't overuse them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)