kiss n make up (1 Viewer)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
What's the real name for the "kiss and make up" clause?

you know, the one that allows couples who attempt to reconcile in the 12 month period to not having to restart their separation time if conciliation fails.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I don't think what its really called matters
the "kiss and make up" clause is what we learn about in legal
They have 3 months in which they can get back together
if they dont, this period is part of the 12 month period

that's all you need to know about teh kiss and make up clause

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
yeah okay, our teacher's known for over simplifying terms - i just wanted to make sure i dont sound like a moron tomorrow.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
this time is between the decree nisi and the decree absolute, where the couple have a chance to reconcile if they want. i can't think of anything else to explain this.

goan_crazy

HSC
Jago mate ull be fine 2moro
u wont sound too simplified-this is good, not many ppl talk bout kiss and make up

Get this, when we got taught about Convention on the Rights of the Child- and my teacher said CROC they were like "what a 'croc' of s**t"
they thought she made it up :rolleyes: LOL

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
no no, i know what it is. i just wondered if there was a proper (legal) term for it.

Edit: sure hope so joe. we'll see in 15.5 hours.

Last edited:

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
you can say, the kiss and make up clause. my teacher seems to have given us that clause in our notes too.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
The gap between decree nisi and decree absolute has nothing to do with the 'kiss and make up' clause but for the fact that they are both aimed at bringing couples back together.

K&MU - 3 months
DN/DA - 1 month

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
are you sure? the time period between decree nisi and decree absolute allows people to change their mind in a divorce does it not? so they can basically get back together in that period of time before their divorce is finalised.

goan_crazy

HSC
Meldrum said:
The gap between decree nisi and decree absolute has nothing to do with the 'kiss and make up' clause but for the fact that they are both aimed at bringing couples back together.

K&MU - 3 months
DN/DA - 1 month
rnitya_25 the man's right
James Meldrum is my idol
<3

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
lol ok....i needa look back at family......AGAIN!

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
If you want a little more detail, you can mention that it's detailed in s.50 of the Family Law Act.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
goan_crazy said:
rnitya_25 the man's right
James Meldrum is my idol
<3
Haha! Idol? Thanks!
Are you going to make a transitiony-style signiature for me like MelSC?

lilacsandlolita

HSC
well according to my legal studies teacher when asked, the 'kiss and make up' clause is its actuall name... this sounds stupid i know but this is just what she told us.. trust australia to have a legally recognised name like the kiss and make up clause hahaha

conorater

HSC
If you want a little more detail, you can mention that it's detailed in s.50 of the Family Law Act.
IS this for the kiss and make up one or the other. Are you sure this is right?

Do you think the marker would love to see this?

Skizzors

HSC
Kiss and make up clause is the actual name. I think that you can go into what section it is, but I wouldn't bother to be honest. It isn't really necessary and it just wastes time.

The kiss and make up clause is during the 12 months separation in order to prove living "separately and apart", while the decree nisi and decree absolute are after the divorce has been granted. The decree nesi is an interim order that states that the marriage is over. This lasts for 1 month after getting divorced and then the decree absolute is in force. The decree nisi is the last chance for the couple to get back together, as they can't marry anyone until the decree absolute is granted. Also, the decree absolute will only be granted if satisfactory arrangements are made for any children of the marriage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)