king lear (1 Viewer)

fallovachick

where would u like me lcoated? ;) lol Just kidding
HSC
so king lear we havent started yet but ive kinda started readin it and i was wondering wat has everyone else done on lear so i kinda have a feelin for wat im in for wif the study of it do u go real deep wif in it coz i dont think my teacher wants to coz she is not a very nice person...so yah wat has everyone else done on it?

richz

king lear is shiiiittt but i guess we have to do it... Its a critical study of the text so we dont have to talk about themes. yeah :) BUt we have to talk about how it can be interpretted differently which i think is better because watching the films are better than reading shakespeare!! :) I tried to read the book and it got so confusing so i just read summaries and watched the plays :rolleyes: it was so much esier

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
We did king lear last term
basically we read it all in class
watched bits of the brook production
blessed production
and a little bit another
our teacher gave us some worksheets on it
i felt we didnt spend that long on it
This was reflected in the 1/2 yearly
we got told on the 2nd last day of school that the average for the king lear essays in the exam at my skool was 4 or 6/20!
Im really dreading going back to see that english exam

Thats good to hear uv started reading it
keep at it, i read it once b4 i did it in class
an idea, try and see if u can borrow a copy of the play on cassette. i did that. its heaps easier to listen to and hear differnt characters etc. its really effective for scenes such as the storm and stuff. much more interesting than jus reading by urself.
Thats wat i did. jus borrowed it for a week and listened to ti while i read

hope this has helped u a bit
good luck wit king lear

as for me, im on to BNW/BR :(

richz

lol 4 or 6/20 that shows how students dont really like shakespeare's play!!! the teachers need to change the syllabus. Lets all protest :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)