King Lear - Oral Presentation...SUGGESTIONS PLZ!!! (1 Viewer)

keepin_sanity

Howdy Ho,
I have a King Lear oral coming up in a few weeks, and basically what we have to do is adopt the role of an actor playing a part in the play (I'm being King Lear himself :), and inform and instruct the audience on one particular scene, taking into account:
*How the role can be interpreted (using dialougue, costumes, staging, sound effect, symbols, motifs etc)
*importance of my role in this scene to the themes and issues of the play
*how the contemporary production i'm invovled in promotes differing views of my character
*recital of at least five lines, nad illustrate their value to the understanding of the play as a whole.

Only problem is, I'm not really sure which particular scene to focus on?????? (I'm a very indecisive person..)

What do you guys reckon?
Thanks in advance :)

captnbuttons

hey there! lol what an assesment task yuck!
Well if iw ere you i would stay AWAY from the storm scene, because EVERYONE does it! know what i mean? it's too easy especially if you are Lear! so you anna pick a scene where u have alot to choose from but that is unique so will get your markers attention for originality!

I'm not sure which one you should choose, i know act 1 scene 1 is excellent for things to talk about and there are so many different ways you can inetrpret that! Plus, lears role in that scene sets the ball of chaos rolling for the rest of the play--> can't get more important than that!

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
yeah, I agree with captnbuttons (what a cute nick...) - I like the first act where he divides the land up. you can talk a lot about different readings of your character and the development of the play depending on those readings.

keepin_sanity

Yeh, I'll admit, my immediate thought was the storm scene...lol (easy peasy)
Thanks 4 ur suggestions!
I like the idea of the first scene , it does open a lot of possibilities.......oh bugger...there are times when i really dont enjoy english!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)