King Lear!!!!!!!!How many readings should u have? (1 Viewer)

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Hello,
just a few questions worrying me :)
1. how many readings should u write about?
2. could these be possible readings?
a) "Another reading of the play is an interpretation emphasizing on misjudgement"
b) "The play could also be read as dealing with madness"
3. Markers said u must write on a "personal level", could u use "i" in the answers, even though the form isnt a conversation etc?
4. Do u have to, in your answer to Module B, king lear, write about productions u have seen....plays, films.......

Thnku!

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
1) I would say at least 3.
2) Yes
3) NO!!!!!!! Never use "I" in an essay. Personal engament means that you must put your own opions in, just don't use the word "I". Try satements like "It could be viewed as ..." or "A possible interpritation is ..."
4)No. There is no need to talk about actula productions you have seen (this is to prevent rural kids ffrom being disadvantaged).

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
I'll try to add to what McLake said without redundancy :) But I have a very short memory so sorry if it's been said.

1. Depends on what they ask you, too. Make sure you read the question and if it specifies a particular reading or number of readings, stick to that.

2. Yep, but you may want to consider a few changes (I know you may have just jotted them down but I'll be pedantic anyway).
a) "Another reading of the play is an interpretation emphasising the consequences of poor judgement." They won't penalise you for the American spelling of emphasise/ze, but they'll probably look down on your usage of "misjudgement"...
b) "The play could also be read as how the characters deal with madness." - reflect back upon the play.
And don't forget to back up your statements with good solid examples!

3. It depends how personal you're asked to be. If it's not a conversational/impersonal piece, don't use "I". However, if it's not a strictly formal essay you are usually permitted to use "we" or "our view.." without penalty.

4. Yes, you have to. Even if the question doesn't directly ask you about productions you have seen, you must write about productions. Check the syllabus :)

Originally posted by lillaila
Hello,
just a few questions worrying me :)
1. how many readings should u write about?
2. could these be possible readings?
a) "Another reading of the play is an interpretation emphasizing on misjudgement"
b) "The play could also be read as dealing with madness"
3. Markers said u must write on a "personal level", could u use "i" in the answers, even though the form isnt a conversation etc?
4. Do u have to, in your answer to Module B, king lear, write about productions u have seen....plays, films.......

Thnku!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)