• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

King Lear help (1 Viewer)

Teoh

Have to write a feature article on either:
a) the nature of relations between males and females
b) the getting of wisdom
c) the nature and meaning of human existence?

Any pointers?

I'm leaning towards wisdom, with the main points of in King Lear:
The people who gain wisdom, do so at a point in their lives where they are...derranged so to speak

I.e. Gloucester 'sees' when he is blind
Lear realises, after being insane during the storm...
And the other guy...lol, Gonerill's husband realises the adultery...well i'm working on taht one...

:D

Thanks for the replies

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
i would definately pick wisdom! it sounds really good.. and you could talk about how normally growing older also brings with it wisdom (aparently) but king lear lear is "old before he is wise" as the fool says. and i agree with gloucester seeing though he is blind "i have no way, therefore need no eyes, i stumbled when i saw" and Lears journey to acceptance and peace through insanity but im not really following Albany's position, maybe because the two productions i've seen albany as rather stupid - more bad acting than bad character but still i dont relate albany to wisdom but if u can back it up wit proof go for it!!
good luck xoxo

Last edited:

= Jennifer =

HSC
yeah i would choose wisdom as well as what mazza said i would bring in the themes such as blindness into it as you have mentioned.

dont forget back up each point with a quote

also maybe you could look at how different interpretations perceive the idea of wisdom

all the best!!

Teoh

thanks mazza_728 and Jenn.

but im not really following Albany's position, maybe because the two productions i've seen albany as rather stupid

Yeah...I'm not really sure either...:)

Although, mine were from films, I'm just using films not actual live productions, particularly the Eyre and Blessed ones.

But I think I'm going to go towards, Albany being stupid and not having wisdom at all :) or something like that...argh, I think its crappy just having 2 main points of argument...ohh well I guess I'll look for more

mazza_728, how crazy, nearly everyone that I reply/has replied to me on this, is from the Shire, wah wah :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)