King Lear --> BBC & Peter Brook productions (1 Viewer)

Tha Realest

The two productions I am trying to focus on for King Lear are the 1962 Peter Brook production, and the 1997 BBC (R.Ayre) production...

I'd like to know what interpretations these two productions are primarily derived from? According to the other Lear thread, Peter Brook's is 'absurdist'... is that correct?

I was also hoping people could share their notes, if they had any on either of these two productions.. And also notes on the types of interpretations they come from (e.g. absurdist)..

I've already had a look at the main site, and didnt really find anything that helpful... so if someone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it :) also.. if you dont have any notes, links to useful and informative sites on the subject would be great too.. I've done a bit of searching but havent been able to find anything detailed or specific.

:worried:

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
There seems to be confusion about the spelling of the director "R. Eyre".... Both Ayre, and Eyre work at the BBC, but I think it was Mr E that directed the 1997 production...

The BBC site for Lear

edit: spelling

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)