• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

King Kong (1 Viewer)

[trent]

HSC
david and margret gave it 4 and 4 1/2 stars last night...it looked really good

I'm prob going to see it this weekend

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
I watched it today!

didn't really like it... took toooo long to finish... 3 hours :O

P

pLuvia

YBK said:
I watched it today!

didn't really like it... took toooo long to finish... 3 hours :O
It goes for 3 hours? how surprising

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
3 hours and 10 minutes. I went and saw it today and was entirely unimpressed and was waiting for it to finish.

Film critics will love it because it's all clever camera shots and stuff but it seemed to lack actual emotion...if not, it was something else that cause me to be completely un-entertained.

I give it 1 star.

sabdow

HSC
Saw it 3 hours ago...

The Good:

* Naomi watts is a fucking babe
* The graphical rendering on King Kong made him look absolutely real
* The setting and the jungles were absolutely amazing. Awesome atmosphere
* The natives (especially that girl) scared the living fuck out of me!
* Peter Jackson
* Hot girls in the cinema
* I am not afraid of heights but for some reason I felt uneasy watching high camera shots and just thinking about heights arhhhghgghgh!!!
* Some girls got teary and some guys emotional

The Bad

* Could have cut down on the introduction by about 50% (Took way too long to start!)
* No sex scenes between Naomi Watts and Kong
* Could never see Kong's penis and his balls (which should've dropped down and hanged for about 13 meters)
* Naomi Watts never got nude
* No scenes of King Kong taking the biggest ape dump the world has ever seen

I had to compensate for some things because I think Naomi Watts is an absolute angel though I guess I will give the movie a UAI of about 99.35 and an HSC mark of about 95/100 (scaled up because Peter Jackson made Lord of the Rings)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Terrible movie. What waste of $10.30 and 3 hours.

I think Peter Jackson is addicted to slow motion and those shots which show you what the world would be like if you had just overdosed on Ecstasy. There was far too many of them and it got incredibly annoying.
The only good part of this movie was when Kong snapped a dinosaur's jaw and then played with it.

2/10

Last edited:
It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i hated at the end how they did that repeated thing where it was all slow-motion, with gentle music and stuff (eg: on the ice lake, at the top of the empire state building etc) and then the army would come in and attack them. I mean, sure, do once or twice. But do it repeatedly just makes it damn annoying and predictable. I got in for free coz i work at a cinema, but if i had to pay, i would not have paid to see this film.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
The_highwayman said:
i hated at the end how they did that repeated thing where it was all slow-motion, with gentle music and stuff (eg: on the ice lake, at the top of the empire state building etc) and then the army would come in and attack them. I mean, sure, do once or twice. But do it repeatedly just makes it damn annoying and predictable. I got in for free coz i work at a cinema, but if i had to pay, i would not have paid to see this film.

omg, same!!! how annoying was the last scene...

as soon as the lights got on; I RAN OUT OF THE CINEMA!!!!

lol, that cracked my friends up...

the only good part of that movie was when King Kong faught the 3 dinasaurs! :D

I thought I was the only one that didn't like it - I checked the reviews, and EVERY reviewer thaught it was awsome!!! errrrrrrrrrrrr.. yeaaa.. :S

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
The_highwayman said:
Critics always like crappy films.

It's the films that Critics HATE that i tend to find most entertaining...maybe there is something wrong with me?
No, you just have good taste in movies.

sabdow

HSC
You guys are forgetting that it's a re-make. Read the script and intention for the original King Kong.

The cheesy bits and the all the others are all intentional. It was what inspired Peter Jackson to become a movie-maker.

Dhruv

HSC
About the most interesting thing about my experience with this film was that other people were in our seats, heavily engaged in the art of foreplay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)