Keeping Awake (1 Viewer)

nwatts

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
^^ hehe could be a lesson to learn so u dunt carry it onto yr12, never study for a major exam da night before, for it will put major stress on u and also it mek it seem harder then it already is ..
Nah, I completely disagree with this. Especially with regards to an English/History subject. Studying the night before helps you remember quotes and such well, as well as very specific instances in each text. You'll have the year's work as a broad overview to draw concepts from.

Maths is a bitch to study for the night before though. It seems like a hell of a lot more than it actually is, like you said.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
i mean like studying the whole course in one night esp before the exam, for me the night before my eng and historyi jus brushed up on loose ends and made sure i remembered all the right quotes so i had enough evidence to support my views..

nwatts

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
i mean like studying the whole course in one night esp before the exam, for me the night before my eng and historyi jus brushed up on loose ends and made sure i remembered all the right quotes so i had enough evidence to support my views..
Oh it can work if you make it work. :p

I did a "whole course" study before my modern exam. Came out pretty happy, topped the class. You just need to learn to know what to leave and what to study.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
i envy you >< i can never do that, for i usually begin to absorb more then i can handle then i begin to stress liek hell hehe ..

but for assignments i can do that =P

nwatts

HSC
Haha... pain.

But everyone's different study-wise. I'm one who works fantastically well under immense stress, others don't.

HSC
klaw said:
What's a good way of keeping yourself up? I don't have a clue of what I'm gonna write about in my 2 essays for EE1 tomorrow yet... I have to stay up until I do
coca cola :uhhuh: kept me awake from 3pm - 11pm before i got sleepy (for some reason i get sleepy by 6pm), heaps of people i know have coke and it keeps them only hypo/hyped to study for less than 2 hours, must have a wierd metabolism, my body takes ages to process sugar, but i still have a high metabolism

oh well! my advantage :D

HSC
kazan said:
i learnt our entire chem course in like a week
try doing the entire chemistry course in 4 days (ie. 1 topic a day) i had nightmares over chemistry :uhhuh:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
klaw said:
What's a good way of keeping yourself up? I don't have a clue of what I'm gonna write about in my 2 essays for EE1 tomorrow yet... I have to stay up until I do
Tea/Coffee contain trace amounts of caffeine, should be enough to get most people through their first/rare all-nighters.

Take a nap after coming home, and you should feel renewed energy (its a lie, your body feels good, but you're still going to feel like shit later).

Learn to balance your time better, start taking notes earlier etc. If an all-nighter isnt enough to tell you this, then bleh.

studynoob

HSC
N/A
it takes 3-4 coffees at once to keep awake (honest) coffee gives you a buzz but then you get really really sleppy even though you have plenty of sleep already because the caffeine works ur body up so inside its processing fast burning shit up (sugar) then when the effects runs out ur body is exhausted!!!

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
i have my ee1 today, prac essays all set out but ive done something to my right hand between last night and this morning (all possible jokes on this sentence prohibited) and its freaking paining away like there's no tomorrow. Have the ee1 exam in 2 and a half hours and can't write just yet, icepack do your thing.

klaw

HSC
ScottyG said:
i have my ee1 today, prac essays all set out but ive done something to my right hand between last night and this morning (all possible jokes on this sentence prohibited) and its freaking paining away like there's no tomorrow. Have the ee1 exam in 2 and a half hours and can't write just yet, icepack do your thing.
can't you get a scribe and extra time?

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
lolz yea
apply for those special exam thingy
and they can write for u. sweet. xD

danilion_22

HSC
Sleepy huh?

Never do study or homework when u r tired. if you are reading something and you are not taking it in, just step away from the writing and stand up, close your eyes, take a few deep breaths and go back to your work. or if you are just too tired coz it's late at night GO TO SLEEP!. You are better off going to sleep and charging up for the next day. wake up early the next day and study and even if your exam is on that day you will have it fresh in your mind!

klaw

HSC
danilion_22 said:
Never do study or homework when u r tired. if you are reading something and you are not taking it in, just step away from the writing and stand up, close your eyes, take a few deep breaths and go back to your work. or if you are just too tired coz it's late at night GO TO SLEEP!. You are better off going to sleep and charging up for the next day. wake up early the next day and study and even if your exam is on that day you will have it fresh in your mind!
yeah I should do that for exams... but for assignments I'd have to stay up :(

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
lol did the exam anyway, hands an absoulte wreck now but the essays got done ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)