Keep or Drop Ext.2? (1 Viewer)

angelano33

HSC
Yeah I got 92% for 2u as well, silly mistakes... But yeah I think I'm gonna drop another subject and keep 4u

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah I got 92% for 2u as well, silly mistakes... But yeah I think I'm gonna drop another subject and keep 4u

How many units are you on? Is that 12? You should keep 12 for now until after you received all your other exam results.

If you are on 10 units, and are doing badly in Ext.2, you may encounter issues.

angelano33

HSC
Yeah I'm on 12 units, prob gonna wait till my modern exam next term to decide whether to drop modern or legal for maths :)

mjrow

HSC
Be careful dropping down to 10 units, ext2 will get harder. Doing well in ext2 is only partly due to being 'good' at maths, it requires a lot of time, effect and determination. If you find ext1 easy and only make silly mistakes in 2unit then dropping ext2 and focusing on bringing up your ext1/2u marks in my opinion would be the better option.

williamdaft

HSC
Only keep extension 2 if you really like maths.. it costs you soooo much time and effort. I think I spent over 50% of the time studying for 4unit. But doing 4unit really helps 3unit, coz you feel 3unit is so easy as the questions are much more straightforward than 4unit. 4unit does scale well, even 50% raw is around a low band 5 which is around 97atar equivalent. Since you got 62% in 4unit, that's not too bad.. maybe keep it until your half yearlies. if you can sustain around that mark, your ATAR will be very nice. If 4unit is stealing a hell lot of time from your other subjects, that you feel you have almost no time to study for them, and your marks are lowering, then drop 4unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)