just wondering (1 Viewer)

Cousin Ira

HSC
just out of curiousity, why is it that so many chinese people have a fixation on music known as j-pop, k-pop, etc, when many of them don't actually have a clue as to what is being sung?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
lol maybe that's the whole pt where the infactuation starts... they dunno what they are singing abt therefore they like it

afriend of mine likes english music when she's bak in china... how she's fluent inengilsh, she likes canto =S

i am like speechless =p

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Cousin Ira said:
just out of curiousity, why is it that so many chinese people have a fixation on music known as j-pop, k-pop, etc, when many of them don't actually have a clue as to what is being sung?
actually jap or korean ppl who are into c-pop (there's a few) and ppl like me who dun fully understand mando still like c-pop because it's the feeling you get from the song, rather than the explicit meaning of the lyrics that matters.

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
Yeh, that's why I only have 2 jap songs and 1 k song on my computer...
Cos I just don't understand it.

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
To be frank, I skip all my jay's songs when I listen to my mp3s.
So yeh, I'm over it now. :D

Go Finch... <3

*Btw i do understand.. after listening to them 10 times or sth. :p

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
yeh u can make up jay's singing... sometimes...
supposingly j pop and k pop is more ustilising the melody to resonance the listener's emotion rather than words...

santaslayer

HSC
Cousin Ira said:
I always found that quite funny. :)

The only thing I understand in Boa's songs are the English.

Cousin Ira

HSC
and is the music really that good? and what made them start in the first place?

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
Annnnnd besides how many popular English songs make any sense/have a meaning?

"You can throw me like a lineman || You make me wanna la la" (No I'm not dissing the song, as I actually like it, but the lyrics are retarded and nonsensical

But so much English music is starting to sound the same..listening to music in other languages opens up a whole new variety of music.....

And listening to music in another language is a good way to help you learn new languages. Russian music is what helped me learn a lot of the Russian I know.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Cousin Ira said:
and is the music really that good? and what made them start in the first place?
well, like english pop, it varies... some of it is average, some of it is very-very good :p

plus i like the fact that i dun fully understand the lyrics

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
sometimes you don't want to understand the words. it's just a feeling that you get from the music.

that said, if you really want to understand the words, the internet can always help you find a translation.

Cousin Ira

HSC
babydoll_ said:
sometimes you don't want to understand the words. it's just a feeling that you get from the music.

that said, if you really want to understand the words, the internet can always help you find a translation.

but the problem with that is sometimes you have no idea what the song is called in english........that happens to me with chinese music all the time.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
babydoll_ said:

Exactly my feelings, when i listen to a song, no matter wot language, as long as the melody, chorus, arrangement, etc r good thats all that matters.

Sure lyrics r important, but if the song is crap but u can understand wot they're saying, would u still listen to it? :p

Cousin Ira said:
but the problem with that is sometimes you have no idea what the song is called in english........that happens to me with chinese music all the time.
Yeh i hav dat problem w/ Chinese songs as well, its easier to find Jap ones cos they tend to romanise the song titles more...

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
Cousin Ira said:
eh... maybe they like the sound of it

/sarcasm

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I'm mo of a lyricz person, thatz why I rarely listen to foreign music. Although sometime I still do listen to Taiwanese music, but thatz a whole lot ezier to understand.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
(^o^) said:
Yeh, that's why I only have 2 jap songs and 1 k song on my computer...
Cos I just don't understand it.
yeah...I like ayumi though. Boa's a little...plastic.
the sound of the music is good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)