Just wondering... (1 Viewer)

mc1007

HSC
Do you guys think it is too early to be doing summaries for each course?
Like, do you think it will be retained if i do them closer to the half yearlys/trials/HSC or is it good to get ahead?

Also, after I do summaries, what further study should I do closer to the assessment date?

Thanks a lot

suling

HSC
I did summaries as I went along - i.e. in these holidays I made summaries of all of the dot points I had covered already in class.
Throughout the year, every week or two I would summarise the next lot of work. That way, when it comes to exams they are done, giving you time to go revise the work and do past questions.

Doing summaries as you go along also allows you to identify any parts of a topic you don't fully understand, meaning that you can consolidate these areas instead of only realising a week or two before an exam that they don't make sense.

Practice questions are by far the best study to do close to exams, in my opinion anyway. =)

mc1007

HSC
I did summaries as I went along - i.e. in these holidays I made summaries of all of the dot points I had covered already in class.
Throughout the year, every week or two I would summarise the next lot of work. That way, when it comes to exams they are done, giving you time to go revise the work and do past questions.

Doing summaries as you go along also allows you to identify any parts of a topic you don't fully understand, meaning that you can consolidate these areas instead of only realising a week or two before an exam that they don't make sense.

Practice questions are by far the best study to do close to exams, in my opinion anyway. =)
Thanks heaps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)