Just Wondering (1 Viewer)

theodore223

God's reincarnate
HSC
How many of u guys and girls do the 2 unit assessments? Both my 4unit and 2/3 unit teachers say it is a great idea to do them, so i am, starting with the half yearly. And if u do, what marks do u get, do u study for them etc.

ellen.louise

HSC
I don't do them because I figure my estimates will probably be better than the marks I actually get in the tests. Plus that means another exam to sit through instead of spending the time work... procrastinating...

:D

P

pLuvia

Some schools make you do it because they are worried that some of the 4u students can't cope with the 4u math work, and so they still have 2u marks to back them up if they decide to drop out the the 4u maths course

Legham

HSC
My class of 5 agreed to do the first 2u assessment task, incase we dropped down.. but then they asked again if we wanted to do the mid-course, and we all said no, except for one of us.. So, she just did the mid-course for fun i guess.. :S
And i came first in the year for that first 2u assessment task without a second of study :)

ssglain

HSC
We have about 23 people doing MX2 at my school. We all had to sit the first 2U assessment, in case someone would want to pull out - one girl did go back to MX1 so it was a good thing she sat the 2U assessment. This term only the bottom borderline MX2 students (about 4, I think) did the 2U as proper assessment. The rest of us still sat for it because our teacher thinks it's best to get as much exam practise as possible.

I would just study for the Ext-1 because it covers everything in the 2U. I tutor some 2U students in the holidays but a couple of them came to see me before the assessment and that was pretty much all the 2U revision I did. As for marks, last term was full marks, no surprises along with half my MX2 class. This term's assessment was just a few days ago but I feel confident.

Last edited:

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Everyone did the first 2u assessment task, and after that it's by choice. Just in case you think you might drop 4u, or maybe you just "wanted practice"...

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
Hehe, I sat, we we're forced to (I would have done it anyway :p) but last year's Ext 2 class were given a choice and didn't sit it. :)

willC

HSC
I just think they're are really good revision...and i really dont want to lock myself into 4 unit just yet, just incase...

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Well I'm doing the 2U course like all other 2/3 Unit students at my school so I have to do all the exams.

Everyone else in my class are accelerants so I don't know if it's compulsory for everyone or not.

Marny

HSC
i accelerated in extension 1 maths so i do only one unit of extension 2 now. i had to sit my hsc 4 it but i now no that it doesn't count 4 anything, which is why i sorta fell asleep in the middle of the exam. but it's strange coz i forked out a 91 which is extremely surprising.
i no that extension 2 students had 2 sit the 2 unit exam but they weren't actually counted in the ranks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)