Just wondering... (1 Viewer)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Mongke said:
as far as im concerned, the more you like a person, the better they look. its a blanket statement, if you like them, it doesnt matter.
I couldn't agree more.

When you grow to like someone, they seem to become better-looking everyday. But I think somewhere there's a line dividing those who are good-looking enough to be considered gorgeous if they have great personalities, and those who even the greatest personalities can't beautify.

kazan

im a herooo
at home, in the study, on a chair, infront of a co
HSC
bittersweet_em said:
personality is sooo important! i dont want to hang around a guy who is boring or isnt my type.

with looks, well it matters to an extent. they have to be taller than me, cant be fat, cant have lots of body hair, and theyve gotta have gorgeous eyes (most people do)
how tall are you

shiroangel

akaNiCoL3
HSC
its funny how 99% of those who have posted in this forum have said that personality is more important when truly i think that "shallowness" is definitely existent even if ppl are afraid to admit it...i mean if someone is not attractive, then you wouldnt even walk up to them to talk to them in the first place, hence get to know their personality...unless they talk to you first =P....lolz..

Last edited:

sabdow

HSC
People here are hypocrites and say that looks don't matter because it's the cool thing to say.

All of you have at least 1 fat friend or know of someone fat of the opposite sex and don't ever tell me you would consider going out with them just for the fact that your friends will laugh at you.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
looks are a first impression. however, a relationship cannot survive on looks alone. you have to find someone who you get along with and who you enjoy being with. you cant make something last long term if you just have an attractive partner. how would you deal with having someone with a shit personality? someone whos full of themselves or someone who constantly makes you feel insignificant? you people who say that looks are the main thing are wrong. looks are a first impression. its personality that will make something last.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
azzie said:
looks are a first impression. however, a relationship cannot survive on looks alone. you have to find someone who you get along with and who you enjoy being with. you cant make something last long term if you just have an attractive partner. how would you deal with having someone with a shit personality? someone whos full of themselves or someone who constantly makes you feel insignificant? you people who say that looks are the main thing are wrong. looks are a first impression. its personality that will make something last.
We're all vain, so if we recieve a bad physical impression, we forget about it, even if we know it might mean missing out on getting to know the most perfect-on-the-inside person we've ever met.

The only way to get to know someone's personality before judging them by their appearance is meeting them through telephone or internet. Since the former doesn't happen very often ... go online relationships.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
yup. but what im saying is that looks are great and i love having having an attractive partner but if you have nothing else except physical attraction, then it usually doesnt work. gorgeous guys with no personality or a crap personality are a total turn off.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
azzie said:
yup. but what im saying is that looks are great and i love having having an attractive partner but if you have nothing else except physical attraction, then it usually doesnt work. gorgeous guys with no personality or a crap personality are a total turn off.
Mmhmm. Besides, attraction isn't looks alone anyway, it's a combination of appearance and charisma. A drop dead gorgeous guy who can't string two words together isn't attractive. :p

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Komaticom said:
Online relationships... doesn't work very well when their online personalities are different to their real life ones. Seen Asymptotes? I'm a "loverboy" on MSN but a bumbling, expressionless fool IRL.
That is so true... I know a few that are just like that, not going to mention names, but one of my friends is virtually loud on msn and rarely says a word IRL. XD

A girl that's above average in looks and a good personality is all I want.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
looks are somewhat important. i have a lot of friends who i love being around and talking to but if i'm not physically attracted to them, then i cant take the relationship any further.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Komaticom said:
Online relationships... doesn't work very well when their online personalities are different to their real life ones. Seen Asymptotes? I'm a "loverboy" on MSN but a bumbling, expressionless fool IRL.
Oh I wasn't serious. You don't get any less reliable than online relationships.

Any shy submissive hermit can be loud and cocky when hiding behind a monitor.

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
sabdow said:
People here are hypocrites and say that looks don't matter because it's the cool thing to say.

All of you have at least 1 fat friend or know of someone fat of the opposite sex and don't ever tell me you would consider going out with them just for the fact that your friends will laugh at you.
Hmmm...some girls, like me, go for fat people...well, not usually. There comes a time when you think differently - where personality means more. I have a crush on a "fat friend" of mine, who doesn't get a second glance from girls, but guess what?! He doesn't like me back the same way!...I don't care if I get laughed at, because I feel comfortable with him - He's really one of a kind - I would go out with him, if only I'm that "fortunate"!

Last edited:

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Cykologi_gal said:
Hmmm...some girls go for fat people, like me...well, not usually. There comes a time when you think differently - where personality means more. I have a crush on a "fat friend" of mine, who doesn't get a second glance, but guess what?! He doesn't like me back the same way!...I don't care if I get laughed at, because I feel comfortable with him - He's really one of a kind - I would go out with him, if only I'm that "fortunate"!
Sometimes people confuse as-a-friend love with romantic love.

You might adore someone and like them for everything they are, but if you can't imagine pashing them or taking their clothes off, then you just want them as a friend.

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Sometimes people confuse as-a-friend love with romantic love.

You might adore someone and like them for everything they are, but if you can't imagine pashing them or taking their clothes off, then you just want them as a friend.
LOL...horror of horrors *blush*...I've done both...but I'll have to admit though - I don't know why I did that...'cos I know the relationship minus the friendship was lopsided. It wasn't like me...but I felt I should like him no matter what - Too comfy maybe...

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
The more comfortable you are, the better the relationship.

Relationship = Friendship + Physical Attraction.

I'm not saying supposedly unattractive people can't find a partner, because beauty is in the eye of the beholder and everyone's beautiful to someone.

Cykologi_gal said:
LOL...horror of horrors *blush*...I've done both...but I'll have to admit though - I don't know why I did that...'cos I know the relationship minus the friendship was lopsided. It wasn't like me...but I felt I should like him no matter what - Too comfy maybe...
How many boyfriends have you had?!

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
The more comfortable you are, the better the relationship.

Relationship = Friendship + Physical Attraction.

Too true. :)

I'm not saying supposedly unattractive people can't find a partner, because beauty is in the eye of the beholder and everyone's beautiful to someone.

How many boyfriends have you had?!
One to be exact...two if you count "rebound guys" as boyfriends...:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)