just wondering, what's your uai goal range & course preference? (1 Viewer)

derek_

HSC
i myself am aiming for anything over 97, whilst i've got b liberal studies at usyd as my first preference, and the rest are just com/arts at different unis and international studies at different unis...just wanted to see what everybody else is aiming to get into

Bassgoddess

ha, i was aiming for a 98 at the start of year 11, and my aim has gone down alot as months went by... :)my current aim: anything over 85 (PLLEEEEEASEEEEE!! :p) so i can do commerce at any uni that will actually take me :D

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
For 90% of people on BOS, it's >80.

timrie6

HSC
N/A
I'm aiming for 92.15+ for law/arts at newcaslte
but I can still get into that course with 74+ for arts at newcastle, just transfer to law in the 2nd year.

I'd be a touch disapointed with under 90 though.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
want 88.5 for bach arts syd uni (some safety uai points for increases)

mishka

HSC
N/A
i'd be happy with anything over 85, but i really want to get into B Education (Primary) at ACU, and the cut-off last year was 85.35
i'd be ecstatic with >90... :)

timrie6

HSC
N/A
yeah I might do arts at usyd if I don't get law/arts in newcastle-
it all depends on scholarships and uai. I want to live in the darlington house if I go there.

skittlebrau

I was aiming for over 90, but am seriously doubting that now. I'm going to uni overseas, so I don't need it desperately - UAI doesn't actually matter (as long as I get over 84!). But I know I'll be disappointed if I don't get it.

Last edited:

Steph69

geeze u do aim high...i am aiming at bout 70's but that aitn going to happy i rekon i am going to get bout 60 or so which im cut bout but i guess i deserve it

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
I'm not fussed about my UAI, its pretty easy to predict cos i got half my marks last year. im expecting 96, but will be happy either way cos theres nothing i can do about it now! I'm going for Arts at Usyd so it doesnt really matter if i get under 90. But ive got arts lang and arts advanced as my first 2 prefs (just in case i surprise myself)

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
Highest preference is 96. Doubt I'll get it, but Ive worked really hard all year, so hopefully it pays off.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
It seems that the majority of people on this site are aiming in the 90's. It must be either really easy to get in the 90's and I just don't know it or people are exaggerating how well they think they are going to do. Anyone else noticed this?

I need 86.30 for my first choice, but I don't think I'll get it. I'll be happy with more than 80.

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
It seems that the majority of people on this site are aiming in the 90's. It must be either really easy to get in the 90's and I just don't know it or people are exaggerating how well they think they are going to do. Anyone else noticed this?
true. i don't think its either of those - i think theres just a lot of very smart ppl/or ones who study a lot who post. plus, people who get geniusly high marks are more likely to post them up than ppl who dont.

i think anything in the 80s above is excellent - but everyone has their own expectations and goals for themselves, so there's no use comparing yourself to others on that basis. it really doesn't matter what you get - its whether you're happy or not.

i'm happy with whatever i get now. i wish i had put some work into the HSC, b ut i'm content with being lazy. but its over now so who cares?! :D

Steph69

AMEN TO THAT!!! im happy with 70 but i dont think i will get that either ha ha i should be studying for bio right now

skankit

hehe yeah id love to get over 98 but i seriously doubt that, im prolly looking somewhere about 95-96 i think *fingers crossed*

i dunno bout other ppl but im aiming high because thats what weve been taught since like yr 7 at my school, they dont outright say it but you get the impression that anything below like 98 is crap.

or maybe thats just me :eek:

anyway, i dont really know what i want, i think im just gonna do arts because it looks fun and its over in 3yrs so then i can do another degree if i decide what i wanna do. i put arts/law at usyd as my first preference, just, because. i know i wont get in, but its fun to dream sometimes hehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)