just wondering, what's your uai goal range & course preference? (1 Viewer)

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
bobby2004 said:
hello there bahodl. Do you have any idea how i can post a new thread to sell some texts books. Help please>>
check ur pms - i just sent u one

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
I'm not telling my first preference cos it is craaazy. I figure if a miracle happens and I didin't have it I'd be kicking myself, but if I get 10 UAI points lower than my 1st preference it doesn't matter and no one has to know except me :)

I'm hoping to get 95+ so I can get into arts/law at ANU. But that's not looking so hopeful any more since I haven't been doing as well as I hoped in exams. My assessments and ranks are all very good so hopefully that will be enough to keep me safely in the 90s even if I stuff up the exams.

I'd be disappointed if I got in the 80s, just because of my marks during the year and I guess I just have high expectations of myself. Other people's expectations never used to worry me but now that people are saying "oh you'll be fiiine! Just think, when you get 97 you'll feel like all this was worth it" it makes me realise how disheartening it would be to have to say to all those people...uh...yeah. I got 10 points lower than you thought. I know it's stupid to care about other people's expectations, it's just a little thing. Mostly I know I would be disappointed in myself.

I think the reason the majority of BOS people are aiming high is that people who don't give a crap generally wouldn't be spending their time on an HSC-related website. So what you get here is a pretty skewed version of expectations.

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
I think some ppl have too high expectations, i used to go to a selective school, and il tell you what not many ppl get uais above 95, i mean you do have to get in the top 5% of the state to get it and im counting more than that here are hopin for it. Set urself a reasonable goal so u dont get disappointed and hey if you do get that high uai ul feel even better. All you can do is try ur best.

Bobcat

HSC
im aiming for about 80+ UAI so i can into Bachelor of Applied Science (Sports Studies) at Uni of Wollongong.

Realisticly, im heading to Tafe :p

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
lol amazingly i only need 78 or lower..according to previous years..to get into civil engineering at unsw :D.....im aiming for high 80s or low to mid 90s if im lucky...heres hoping

bundyy

HSC
Hey guys... i'm still relatively new here (i'm a girl by the way but ppl keep referring to me as 'he' *tear*)!! I feel semi-intimidated by being here amogst all these expectations of mid 90 UAI's when i need 79 (lowest) to get into PDHPE & Education at Wollongong).. I was wondering if maybe you guys can let me know if this UAI is actually achievable... Um, i came 1st in english, PDHPE and Community and Family Studies (eng (standard) 81, pdhpe - 86, C&FS 69), 3rd in legal (78%) and very bad in maths with a mark of like 40%... In my HSC i am estimating the same marks for all subjects except maths, i should get about a 65-70 and Legal about a 85-90 and C&FS about an 80... please help guys, and good luck.. i hope you all manage to get the UAI you are hoping for!!

raidan

HSC
N/A
Yea my friends brother did his HSC last year and he got 99.8 UAI

he came 1st in every subject he did
4u maths
adv english
physics
chem
bio

and lowest mark he got in final exam of any of his subjects for the final HSC exams was 86%

he got 94% in 4u maths (how is that possible?!?!?!?!)

how freakin insane is that, i cant beleive that is possible, he must be the biggest anti-social looser ever, but he'll be making bucketloads of cash when hes working for NASA building spaceships or something

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i want 85 + for radiation therapy at sydney
or teaching at pretty much every uni in sydney and woolongong

pukkatukka

galoomp
HSC
highest preference is 98.8... wouldn't mind if i i got higher tho!! i'd be a bit upset if i got under 98... id probably die if i didnt get in the 90's

Stephagain

HSC
steph87 said:
geeze u do aim high...i am aiming at bout 70's but that aitn going to happy i rekon i am going to get bout 60 or so which im cut bout but i guess i deserve it
Ha ha ha maybz its just something with the name steph but i completely agree, i mean like 90% of people wanting above ninety? Im aiming from 70 - 85. All i wanna do are performance and writing courses and im shortlisted for everything i applied for so far... ha ha ha 90 plus... suuuuuuuuuuuuuuurre

tennille

HSC
I was aiming for 96.35 (better to aim at a really high mark so you get a reasonably good mark- you never know what might happen) for Advance Science at Syd. uni. I even stuck post-its around my room with "96.35" written on it. I don't feel confident that i'll get in the 90s. The HSC exams stuffed me up big time. I'll be happy with 91 or 92, so at least I can get into Advance Science at UNSW. I was going to do radiation therapy, but I put nuclear technology down as my eighth choice.

Last edited:

tennille

HSC
Worse case scenario, I'll go through another way to do the course I want. I know what you mean. Poeple here always ask "what UAI do you think I'll get?", and all of their averages are lke 99%. It's actually hilarious. I'm aiming high to do what I want- I love science. My lowest UAI mark in my preferences is 70.95. It just goes to show that I'm not entirely confident....hehe.

Last edited:

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
my highest preference in 90.2 and i hope i can get that
but i am doubting it
coz my rankings and school arn't all that great

LucyFaith

Marks

I would be sooo happy if I got over 80...I need about 84 to get into the course I want at ACU, but I can get in there at 78 for arts and then transfer to arts/business...so heres hoping.........i hope you all get what you want on december 18th.....BRING IT ON!

fush

HSC
i need 96 for my fist preference, but anything >90 and im happy ;)

neuro_logik

HSC
I need a UAI of 75 to get into Computer Science or Internet Science at UoW (Early Entry) if I don't get that ill be doing Computer Science at UWS (Cut-off was: 69.65)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)