Just started White Oleander (1 Viewer)

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
Bahahah. As a piece of writing it disgusts me. I dont understand how potentially good novelists can so easily undermine themselves by alluding to (or basing their plots on) tacky, sexually-strung extremes. Although it IS bred from contemporary American society. :D

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
its so poetic and just flows. Anyone else read this or in the process?
i love it. ive read it ... i dont know how mnay times. but more than a few. the language is gorgeous huh? regardless of the "sexually-strung extremes" ( :confused: ), the writing itself is what makes it great to me. the plot isnt the point... the plot could be made cheesy and crap by 99% of writers.

who do you prefer? astrid or ingrid?

clerisy

HSC
I read it a while back when I was going through an Oprah's Book Club phase... I loved it too. The movie was a little disappointing though...

Which is my favourite of Astrid and Ingrid??? I don't know if I could separate... maybe Ingrid was a more interesting character, simply because you knew less about her.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
i watched the movie and i loved it! i want to get the book but i wish i hadnt watched the movie because now its going to be ruined for me... ohgh well

Fry

i am in the process of reading it, ive only got 2 more chapters to go and then im finally through with this book! it started off well, but after that it just got really, really boring. it's very well-written but it gets tiring after a while cos it's just too descriptive.

rubylotus11

I always mean to read this book, but my library doesn't have it. It just seems like a really interesting look at a mother and daughter. I look forward to reading it soon.

lazybum

HSC
N/A
everyone loves it , can some1 tell us what its about?( w/out the ending) i tried to get it from the library but its out on loan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)