just say u failed .... (1 Viewer)

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
hey just say u failed one of your final exams and it was worth 60% ... would they look at your other marks b4 giving u an F or is it 2 bad u fail the whole unit???

cause i went pretty good in all my assessments, but im worried i fucked my finals, and was just wondering wat would happen there???

also if u failed psy104, u cant go on 2 do psy105 hey???

thanks

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
from what i understand... you fail finals you fail period... they dont care...
they look at tutes and all that other crap, when you get a pc (which you need to pass to get anyways) because you didnt pass all you other assessments

psy104... if you fail as long as your doing psych degree or some shit you should be able to get in... but if i fail psy im droppin degree too much ruckus for lil ol me

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Check your pm's Dave (and replace Boink with OJ):)

But yeah, you fail a final exam worth more than 50, and you fail the course (unless its a PC).

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Or if you sleep with the lecturer

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
MaryJane said:
Check your pm's Dave (and replace Boink with OJ):)

But yeah, you fail a final exam worth more than 50, and you fail the course (unless its a PC).
its good to know your always thinking of me... now did mj just tell you i was wrong?

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Orange Juice said:
its good to know your always thinking of me... now did mj just tell you i was wrong?
No, no I agreed, but called you Boink in my pm to Fornie... oopsa! :)

bscienceboi said:
You dont need Psy104 to do Psy105
According to the handbook you do. Its either 104, or a GPA of 2.5... but then, I know they allow exceptions for students coming from different uni's half way through the year to let them do 105 without 104, and they have to do 104 second year. But if you're an existing MQ student, you need it.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Technically, you shouldnt be able to... but you never know... most units specify explicitly whether you need to pass the final exam to pass the course in my experience (ie. stat, but then that was pretty obvious as the final was worth 70%)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
r u sure? i would have thought it was just adding up all the components. for examples say you do an exam thats 60% but only need about 16/60 to get 50 overall.. wouldnt that be a pass?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
well for me, my lowest subject was 50% i think... and all of them claimed that you need to pass finals to pass course... not sure if that means pc or not...
but this sem, business law says you dont need to pass finals to pass... but i got this feeling its gonna be marked super doooooper hard

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
has flyin' ever told you the story... anyways, here goes:

back when flyin' was still a young lad, and they had to line up to reenrol/timetables, he was in a horrifically long queue (which he'd leave before enrolling cos it was getting late, but that's another story). anyway to cut a long story short, there was this girl in front of flyin' complaining about how she had passed her first year psych subject, but late found out that she failed and couldn't believe it.. saying something about failing the final.

stories aside, for *most* ecfs subjects, if you fail the final, you fail. for most non-arts subject this is also true. for psych i suspect this is also true.

it's also important to note that, pass isn't always 50% raw. more often than not its much lower, so you really need to fail badly to actually badly*. (only an actuarial department would require us get more than 50% to pass.. cos they say acst300 is, quote, "too easy".)

*edit: since they generally have a fail mark much (depends on lecturer) lower than 50%, it isn't as hard as you think to pass.

there's flyin''s many years of university experience, in a neat post.

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
MaryJane said:
No, no I agreed, but called you Boink in my pm to Fornie... oopsa! :)

According to the handbook you do. Its either 104, or a GPA of 2.5... but then, I know they allow exceptions for students coming from different uni's half way through the year to let them do 105 without 104, and they have to do 104 second year. But if you're an existing MQ student, you need it.
so if you do first semester and get a gpa of 2.5 you don't need psy104

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)