just out of curiosity .. (1 Viewer)

baka

***el, idiot.
HSC
what english do you all do?? ..
eng ADV??
did anyone get band 5 or 6 in legal doing STANDARD ENGLISH??
some one plzz give me hope !!
the majority of the pple in my legal class do adv. (&$@(^$*&
x(

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I did 4 unit, but I don't think you necessarily need Advanced to do well. One girl in my class got 95 and she did standard. Just practice and practice your essay structure and you should be fine, you just need to be able to communicate your thoughts effectively come exam time (you've got a while to practice!)

santaslayer

HSC
i did eng adv...me got band 6 but it dosnt really matter wot eng u do, just practice essays. although doing higher level eng does give u a distinct advantage

santaslayer

HSC
oh yea..i know someone who got 85 in legal doing standard...does that make u happy....lol

adamj

Did Advanced, generally it is regarded that Advanced Students know how to workd a response better, but that doesn't stop standard nor does it mean that advanced students are taught that exclusively.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i did advanced and i got band five.
hmm yeah i think most of the girls in my class did advanced as well.... but remember, practice makes perfect!!! and i'm sure your teacher'll be willing to help you on essay structure etc. (we never got any help lol) just make sure you ANSWER THE QUESTION! the screwy ones are "evaluate the effectiveness", and remember there's a difference between "legal system" and "law" O__o

suz

HSC
Advanced english and I got a band 5 as well
There were 14 girls in my class and only 4 of us did advanced

Gemstone

Yeah well I do standard and I do okay in Legal there's a few in the class who do standard. I don 't think it really matters I mean there's such a pattern to legal essays it's not all that difficult to get your content. The only thing that you might have trouble with is making it fit into a proper essay structure. My teacher is helping me with that at the moment.

Gemma

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hey dont stress try your best and you'll do fine
some people in my legals are doing standard too
=)

btw im doing adavance

aud

HSC
I do 4U - a lot of people in my class do at least Adv. if not 3U but I don't really think it matters - English is about analysing and interpreting, Legal is about fact and evaluating - you'll do fine as long as you know your stuff, and can evaluate, evaluate and evaluate.

RedStz

True Scorpian
well here is an ultimate bonus, someone on this BOS forum did ESL and seems like he/she got a good mark for the subject

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)